Windows 10: Is this a legitimate MS pop-up window?

Discus and support Is this a legitimate MS pop-up window? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the last few days a pop-up window had been appearing in the lower right hand corner of my screen and stays there no matter what is running behind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SeanCon, Aug 13, 2020.

1. SeanCon Win User

Is this a legitimate MS pop-up window?

For the last few days a pop-up window had been appearing in the lower right hand corner of my screen and stays there no matter what is running behind it. My question is: is this really from MS? And does it have anything to do with upgrade 2004? (Current ver = 1903)
    I question it because the window (show below) does not say Microsoft on it. And Windows 10 is nearing the end of service sounds suspicious to me. Sorry to sound paranoid.
    Thank you.

Is this a legitimate MS pop-up window? [​IMG]

:)

SeanCon, Aug 13, 2020
  2. SeanCon Win User

For the last few days a pop-up window had been appearing in the lower right hand corner of my screen and stays there no matter what is running behind it. My question is: is this really from MS? And does it have anything to do with upgrade 2004? (Current ver = 1903)
    I question it because the window (show below) does not say “Microsoft” on it. And “Windows 10 is nearing the end of service” sounds suspicious to me. Sorry to sound paranoid.
    Thank you.

Is this a legitimate MS pop-up window? [​IMG]

SeanCon, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pop Up Scam Window

While using MS Edge recently, I received a pop up that appeared to be a Windows alert.

The alert said my computer and important passwords, phone numbers, etc. could be

possibly be stolen. They listed a phone number - 888-497-7805 and to call.

The pop up also noted that if not called my computer would be locked for my own security.

I did call. I first asked to whom I am speaking. They accent suggested foreign and when

I asked if I was in fact talking with Microsoft they said some other company.

I realized this is likely not a legitimate issue and hung up. I was running AVG and believed that

MS Edge is very secure. I have since added Webroot antivirus.

Are you aware of this type of scam and is there any means to determine a legitimate

MS issue ?

Thanks for your help.

Jim Urquhart

FenimoreCoop, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Welcome to Ten Forums.

You are not being paranoid, just sensibly cautious. Your 1903 reaches end of service on December 8, 2020 so it's end is indeed 'near'. Microsoft tend to initiate an automatic update through Windows Update starting at around three or four months before end of service. Initially just a few PCs will get the update, but as the end of service approaches MS will step up the rollout to include all machines by the end date.

The 'restart to install' notice looks genuine, such a message typically appears after Windows Update has downloaded the new version in the background and is ready to upgrade your machine. You can confirm that this is indeed the case (and see which version you'll be installing) in Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

Bree, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Is this a legitimate MS pop-up window? - Similar Threads - legitimate pop window

2. is a Bios update pop up legitimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is a Bios update pop up legitimate?: Is this pop up legitimate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-bios-update-pop-up-legitimate/477fcea4-6cf4-460f-b15f-98ba3a44d420
  3. is a Bios update pop up legitimate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is a Bios update pop up legitimate?: Is this pop up legitimate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-bios-update-pop-up-legitimate/477fcea4-6cf4-460f-b15f-98ba3a44d420
  4. pop up message claiming to be MS Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pop up message claiming to be MS Defender: I got a popup claiming to be MS Defender reporting that it found something. It was a pulsating visual message with a blue background giving me a support telephone number to call. I ran a full scan myself and found nothing. The message disappeared after I did that. Should I...
  5. pop up message claiming to be MS Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pop up message claiming to be MS Defender: I got a popup claiming to be MS Defender reporting that it found something. It was a pulsating visual message with a blue background giving me a support telephone number to call. I ran a full scan myself and found nothing. The message disappeared after I did that. Should I...
  6. MS calculator and relevant pop up message

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS calculator and relevant pop up message: Hello, I have been facing the following problem for the last couple of days.MS calculator automatically keep opening and there is no stopping of it. I have closed it again and again but it keeps coming. Then I tried the reset, terminate and uninstall option from the apps and...
  7. Is this pop up legitimate?

Is this pop up legitimate?: [IMG]This pop up showed up on the computer and because of the recent privacy/update debacle I feel a bit unsure. Is this legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-pop-up-legitimate/ed1778ba-aea3-4316-a7f1-77f11dd991c8"
  8. Windows 10 MS-WCP pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 MS-WCP pop up: I have the ms-wcp pop up that others have, however, nothing works to fix it. I went into the PowerShell as an admin, copied the code in ran it multiple times, restarted my computer and it only got worse. I made sure that I have an admin account on the system and re-ran it...
  9. Dodgy MS pop up ( supposedly)

Dodgy MS pop up ( supposedly): Hi all i have just had a pop up and voice saying my Windows 10 had been infected do not just turn your pic off ring this phone number and Microsoft will talk you through removing it ( so I turned pc off ) when I turned it on again I ran a full scan and it did find anything,...
  10. Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused.

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused.: I am confused. How does the Recycle Bin become corrupted? Apparently this has been a long standing problem in Windows. So is this a system security weakness? An OS weakness? Why does not Microsoft fix it the mandatory updates? The published fixes are long,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. не удалось