Windows 10: IS THIS A POSSIBLE SCAM? "Organization requires you to change your PIN"

Discus and support IS THIS A POSSIBLE SCAM? "Organization requires you to change your PIN" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Upon restarting my personal/home computer today the following message appeared: Your organization requires that you change your PIN. Rather reset... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HerbertJones2, Apr 22, 2020.

1. IS THIS A POSSIBLE SCAM? "Organization requires you to change your PIN"

Upon restarting my personal/home computer today the following message appeared:

Your organization requires that you change your PIN.

Rather reset the PIN, I moved on to use my password.

This computer is less than two months old and it doesn't belong - nor is it associated with any organization; and it is on a private network.

Earlier this afternoon I had trouble with the Mail app retaining previously stored password for a Gmail account. After 4-5 attempts to store that password, I decided to re-start the computer: It was then that I got the PIN message.

After restarting with my password, I shut down to re-start again only to AGAIN be prompted to reset my PIN.

IS THIS A POSSIBLE SCAM? PLEASE ADVISE . . . . *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

IS THIS A POSSIBLE SCAM?  "Organization requires you to change your PIN" [​IMG]

:)

HerbertJones2, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/msname.aspx

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam - Microsoft Security

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Apr 22, 2020
  4. IS THIS A POSSIBLE SCAM? "Organization requires you to change your PIN"

Possible virus or scam

As already mentioned:

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:
    Beware of Phony Tech Support Scams

Normally you just close your browser:
    https://blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2014/11/psa-tech-support-scams-pop-ups-on-the-rise/

8 Ways to Open Windows Task Manager - wikiHow

You might want to run a quick scan with your Anti-Virus program.

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

Suggestion to read:

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

IS THIS A POSSIBLE SCAM? "Organization requires you to change your PIN"

1. IS THIS A POSSIBLE SCAM? "Organization requires you to change your PIN" - Similar Threads - POSSIBLE SCAM Organization

2. "Your organization requires you to change your pin"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your organization requires you to change your pin": I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and it's on my last good nerve. The laptop is my personal device and my personal email is the only account with access. I did sign in with my school account to use Office, and there were not any problems before signing into...
  3. "Your organization requires you to change your pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your organization requires you to change your pin": I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and it's on my last good nerve. The laptop is my personal device and my personal email is the only account with access. I did sign in with my school account to use Office, and there were not any problems before signing into...
  4. Your organization requires you to change your pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your organization requires you to change your pin: I make use of windows 11 and it said “your organization requires you to change your pin” i have tried changing the password but my alphabet keys are not working and the number keys are working. Meanwhile I am able to put in my old password alphabet which took me to the page...
  5. Your organization requires you to change your pin

Your organization requires you to change your pin: I make use of windows 11 and it said “your organization requires you to change your pin” i have tried changing the password but my alphabet keys are not working and the number keys are working. Meanwhile I am able to put in my old password alphabet which took me to the page...
  6. "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin": I do not have an organization. this is a personal computer and I have tried every trick in the community I feel. Any help would be great. Again, this is a personal laptop HP Spectre...
  7. "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin"

"Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin": I do not have an organization. this is a personal computer and I have tried every trick in the community I feel. Any help would be great. Again, this is a personal laptop HP Spectre...
  8. Organization requires that you change your pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organization requires that you change your pin: Hi. I keep getting an error message stating "organization requires that you change your pin", however, this is a personal laptop and I do not work for an organization. Thank you...
  9. Disable: Your organization requires that you change your PIN

Disable: Your organization requires that you change your PIN: I keep getting the subject demand on my login screen every few weeks or so. I purchased the laptop, not "my organization" for home work purposes. There is no reason for me to change the PIN this frequently, and I want to either disable it or extend the period to something...
  10. You organization requires you to change your pin

You organization requires you to change your pin: So this is probably the third time I have gotten this message. My pc is not part of a domain or organization, this is a fresh install of windows, but every time I install office 365 (student version) upon reboot it forces me to have a more complex pin, and then when I go into...