Windows 10: is this a problem?

Discus and support is this a problem? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting this notification after quick scans, "Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings." To make this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by renielabejo, Mar 22, 2020.

1. is this a problem?

I keep getting this notification after quick scans, "Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings."

To make this clear: I don't have ANY exclusions, and as far as I'm aware, I haven't changed my network protection settings in the past.

What's going on? Is this malware, or a bug with the new update? How do I fix this? I want to be reassured that I'm safe, this isn't very reassuring.

:)

renielabejo, Mar 22, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Mar 22, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

is this a problem?

UNIGINE-Valley BENCHMARK scores

OK, no problem! It's your list...I was just making a suggestion. No hard feelings?

rtwjunkie, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

is this a problem?

1. is this a problem? - Similar Threads - problem

2. after recent update having problems with the app store and microsoft apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after recent update having problems with the app store and microsoft apps not working: help, calendar, Microsoft store and other apps not working. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-update-having-problems-with-the-app/ef247bd2-560e-47a2-965a-f912c6d467e8
  3. Windows Update Problem 0x80080005

Windows Update Problem 0x80080005: Hey guys, My windows just doesn't want to update, i found one, that's about using the Command Prompt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-error-0x80080005/07b6e544-a501-4492-851d-83fcb80e8f2f That doesn't really help me, since...
  4. NET Framework 4.8 - Problem with Software

NET Framework 4.8 - Problem with Software: After the February updates or March updates I can not say more precisely NET Framework 4.8, very expensive programs that worked on versions 4.5 and 4.6 stopped working. These are very expensive programs and I really need them XviD4PSP, Sony Vegas Pro and Magix Sound Forge...
  5. Automatic repair loop. Bitlocker or drive problem maybe?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic repair loop. Bitlocker or drive problem maybe?: My windows 10 desktop froze and after some time of waiting, I did a hard shutdown. It then went into automatic repair and wouldn't fix the issue. I tried restarting and that didn't work, and I'm now in a restore loop. I tried restoring to a restore point, but I couldn't click...
  6. Problems with Viewing Links Shown on an Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with Viewing Links Shown on an Email: When I open a link that is shown on an email, there is a small picture of the email in the top portion of the screen that I cannot remove. The link is opened, but the area shown to read what is on the link is somewhat reduced about 2/3 the size of a normal link. Can anyone...
  7. There was a problem resetting your computer.

There was a problem resetting your computer.: So, my PC has been having a number of issues such as slowness and 100% disk usage at startup. It constantly freezes sometime in mid activity and will just decide to restart for no reason. The issue started when I downloaded The Sims, I started getting "Application was blocked...
  8. Problems with network converting hostname to ip address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with network converting hostname to ip address: For the last several weeks. I've been having a problem with Firefox taking several minutes to find and start loading a sites web page. Firefox tends to hang on looking for hostname. Once the site is loaded it still takes several minutes for the site to fully load. I also...
  9. I have problem with external Hard Drive same is detected in system but file explorer same...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have problem with external Hard Drive same is detected in system but file explorer same...: I can use pen drive but unable to use external hard drive I tried no of hard drive which are working with another Laptop Windows updated Installed update drivers checked with USB Pen drive Working properly Used SD Card same is working properly only External Hard...
  10. Camera problem in Skype app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera problem in Skype app: Hi. I'trying to set up Skype and noticed that if I access through the browser everyting works fine, while when I try to access through the Skype app, and go to video settings, the camera preview shows a black screen. Can please help me?...