Windows 10: Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"?

Discus and support Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm receiving this warning from Kaspersky TOTAL Security:Name: HxTsr.exePath: C:\Program... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by andresantacruz, May 23, 2023.

1. Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"?

I'm receiving this warning from Kaspersky TOTAL Security:Name: HxTsr.exePath: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11629.20316.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbweType: TrojanAgent Name: HEUR:Backdoor.MSIL.Agent.genPrecision: Heuristic AnalysisTreat level: AltoObject name: Controller.dllObject path.: https://outlook.office365.com/outlookservice/servicechannel.hxs//DllInjector\Controller\bin\DebugI got this warning yesterday, then I completely reinstalled my Windows 10 copy, formating my disks completely.As soon as I install the Kaspersky just after the reinstallation, I began

:)

andresantacruz, May 23, 2023

2. Microsoft Outlook Communications Re: HxTsr.exe?

1803. Mostly an annoyance I guess but I do not like looking at it in Task Manager:

Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"? 217828d1545243007t-microsoft-outlook-communications-re-hxtsr-exe-task-manager.jpg

Ending the task and it comes right back. Apparently Microsoft Outlook Communications is linked to HxTsr.exe

HxTsr.exe Windows process - What is it?

When I go to task manager details I see HxTsr.exe there but not a away to disable it:

Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"? 217829d1545243163t-microsoft-outlook-communications-re-hxtsr-exe-taskmanager-details.jpg

I have tried uninstalling the app package:

Mail/Calendar Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

and I do not have Microsoft Office installed.

Is there anyway to disable this one HxTsr.exe or barring that how do I get Microsoft Outlook Communications to stop showing up in Task Manager.

Thanks. Oh BTW I am waiting on a package delivery so I am in full pestering mode. Kindly forgive me : )

phaedruspress, May 23, 2023
  3. Microsoft Outlook Communications Re: HxTsr.exe?

Well ticking off the above Mail and Calendar permissions did nothing to get rid of Microsoft Outlook Communications and by extension (no pun intended) HxTsr.exe. Only by terminating the app as mentioned above am I able to get rid of it in task manager.

Incidentally here is where it is at on my computer:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11001.20106.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"? 218002d1545353267t-microsoft-outlook-communications-re-hxtsr-exe-capture.jpg

It's a bitch trying to take ownership of the WindowsApps folder but truth be told taking "ownership" of things has always been one of the more difficult things for me to understand and master. Even though I am logged in as admin there are always so many steps to take that I never end up getting ownership.

I guess for the time being since Malewarebytes and Bitdefender gave me a clean bill of health I am OK with going to the app every time and terminating it. I just hate seeing it in task manager for some peculiar reason : )

4. Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"?

Microsoft Outlook Communications Re: HxTsr.exe?

OK. I ran Bitdefender paid version full system scan and it came back clean. Fortuitously I happen to be on the last day of a Malewarebytes Premium trial and ran a full system scan. I don't know if the full system scan is different between the paid and free version and that came up clean.

As already mentioned I uninstalled the Windows app "Mail and Calendar" but Microsoft Outlook Communications and HxTsr.exe were still showing up in task manager.

Even though uninstalled I went looking at the Windows app "Mail and Calendar" and clicked advanced options and saw among other things "terminate" this app and it's related processes and I did that and Microsoft Outlook Communications and HxTsr.exe disappeared from the task manager.

Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"? 217971d1545340558t-microsoft-outlook-communications-re-hxtsr-exe-capture2.jpg

There were some other settings in this supposedly uninstalled app that showed "on" and I wonder if they are causing Microsoft Outlook Communications and HxTsr.exe to show up in the task manager. I have ticked these off and when I boot back up later tonight I'll see if that does the trick.

Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"? 217972d1545340697t-microsoft-outlook-communications-re-hxtsr-exe-capture.jpg

Thema:

Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"?

1. Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"? - Similar Threads - real treat Microsoft

2. What is HxTsr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is HxTsr: Hi guys,Recently I was looking in my task manager the programs that was running, and I notice this program called hxtsr.You know if it’s a virus? Or something related to windows?Thank youAle...
  3. What is HxTsr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is HxTsr: Hi guys,Recently I was looking in my task manager the programs that was running, and I notice this program called hxtsr.You know if it’s a virus? Or something related to windows?Thank youAle...
  4. Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"?: I'm receiving this warning from Kaspersky TOTAL Security:Name: HxTsr.exePath: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11629.20316.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbweType: TrojanAgent Name: HEUR:Backdoor.MSIL.Agent.genPrecision: Heuristic AnalysisTreat level:...
  5. Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a real treat on "Microsoft Outlook Communications;HxTsr.exe"?: I'm receiving this warning from Kaspersky TOTAL Security:Name: HxTsr.exePath: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11629.20316.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbweType: TrojanAgent Name: HEUR:Backdoor.MSIL.Agent.genPrecision: Heuristic AnalysisTreat level:...
  6. Microsoft Outlook Communications high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook Communications high CPU usage: The mail app on my laptop is linked to my gmail account. The Microsoft Outlook Communications has high CPU usage when I click the refresh button in mail. Most of the time the usage is between 10% and 20%, but some time it can be more than 30%. I never notice this problem...
  7. Microsoft Outlook Communications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook Communications: Today I keep noticing that the process "Microsoft Outlook Communications" is maxing out my DSL . Windows 10 pro 64 1809 17763.195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-outlook-communications/ffe91f9c-9c3e-4c1e-8c7d-3280b4d65b43
  8. Microsoft Outlook Communications Re: HxTsr.exe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Outlook Communications Re: HxTsr.exe?: 1803. Mostly an annoyance I guess but I do not like looking at it in Task Manager: [img] Ending the task and it comes right back. Apparently Microsoft Outlook Communications is linked to HxTsr.exe https://www.file.net/process/hxtsr.exe.html When I go to task manager...
  9. Microsoft Outlook Communications problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Outlook Communications problem: According to what I've been able to find. this is a service of Office 2016, which I have uninstalled. I have never used Outlook, do not want it on my computer. However, this keeps asking to connect to the internet, and no matter how many times I tell my firewall to block it,...
  10. Roadmap update for Real Time Communications in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Roadmap update for Real Time Communications in Microsoft Edge: Late last year, we released our initial ORTC implementation to the web community as part of EdgeHTML 13. We’ve been hard at work on the next steps for RTC in Edge, and wanted to share an update on our roadmap, which we discussed in detail last week at Edge Web Summit....