Windows 10: Is this a scam and fake?

Discus and support Is this a scam and fake? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer locked up and said that I had been hacked. I called the number that it showed 8776860081 and the guy gave me all this information and said... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AbagailBailey, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Is this a scam and fake?

My computer locked up and said that I had been hacked. I called the number that it showed 8776860081 and the guy gave me all this information and said I needed to buy a warranty or all my info would be lost. It seemed like a scam so I ended the call. Just wanted to make sure. here is the information that he gave me. Was it a scam?[Original Title: Hackers?]

:)

AbagailBailey, Jan 6, 2022

2. Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Jsssssssss, Jan 6, 2022
  4. clam1952 Win User

Is this a scam and fake?

clam1952, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

Is this a scam and fake?

1. Is this a scam and fake? - Similar Threads - scam fake

2. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?: I've seen other posts on here about fake security hotline numbers, but here's what happens when you call them.My dad was trying to pay a bill online and did not get very far, when all these pop ups started coming up on the computer saying "do not restart your computer" and...
  3. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?: I've seen other posts on here about fake security hotline numbers, but here's what happens when you call them.My dad was trying to pay a bill online and did not get very far, when all these pop ups started coming up on the computer saying "do not restart your computer" and...
  4. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Fake key seller scams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fake key seller scams: I bought a digital activation key from a seller, a merchant from a ebay type website which i believe the hey was fake as it didn't work. i then bought another key from a another seller which activated the 1st time. After leaving a 1 star review for the fake seller they are...
  6. Fake key seller scams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fake key seller scams: I bought a digital activation key from a seller, a merchant from a ebay type website which i believe the hey was fake as it didn't work. i then bought another key from a another seller which activated the 1st time. After leaving a 1 star review for the fake seller they are...
  7. Is Windows Defender Renewal Email a Scam and Fake?

Is Windows Defender Renewal Email a Scam and Fake?: I received an email thanking me for "renewal of services" for Microsoft Defender Protection. It states that I will be charged $399 for a year subscription. Is there a charge for Defender? I DID NOT order this. Is it a scam???It states: "...to cancel subscription please...
  8. Fake windows support employee, SCAM

Fake windows support employee, SCAM: I want to know if the Windows Support Employee ID MH1718 with name MIKE HARLDSON, is real or fake, because yesterday sept 23th my laptop started to sound alarms and showed windows with signal of infection and gave me a phone number to call 1-888-517-4333. The guy who answer...
  9. Scammed by fake support chat

Scammed by fake support chat: I was scammed by a fake support chat line on Quicken yesterday. I unfortunately gave him access to my Windows 10 laptop to solve my Quicken problem. He installed Advanced Identity Protector software that exposed "supposed" trouble with Identity Traces. He became more and more...
  10. Fake tech-support scam

Fake tech-support scam: More better AntiVirus your gonna get a blue screen if you don't[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fake-tech-support-scam/0ec82939-7e6b-444b-a4f8-acbce23bc600