Windows 10: Is this a scam? I am a sick old man and need some help.

Discus and support Is this a scam? I am a sick old man and need some help. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I did at one time subscribe to a support service that I believed was authorized by Microsoft. paid them a substantial fee, a few hundred dollars. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by timhovdahl, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Is this a scam? I am a sick old man and need some help.

I did at one time subscribe to a support service that I believed was authorized by Microsoft. paid them a substantial fee, a few hundred dollars. I think it may have been for 4 years or so service. After a year or so, I began to have some issues with my pc failed they failed to rectify. I became suspicious of other activities on my pc, ultimately becoming disenchanted with their service and I thought I had severed all ties and contact with them, found a local computer service and had them strip down the hard drive and reboot with fresh software.

I have been receiving a myriad of calls, (3 - 6 per day for at least 6 mos') from this company that ids itself as "Microsoft and Apple support services". They say that they are going out of business and have been ordered by the court to re-pay all remaining subscription moneys, and I have $299.90 for two years remaining on my contract that they are trying to pay back to me. They want me to go to my pc and allow them to take over my that computer to deposit the money into my personal banking account. It must be done via the internet and my pc, electronically. I refuse to give them the access, tell them to mail me a check which they claim they cannot do but remain persistent and continue this harassment.

:)

timhovdahl, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Is this a scam? I am a sick old man and need some help.

Jsssssssss, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Is this a scam? I am a sick old man and need some help.

1. Is this a scam? I am a sick old man and need some help. - Similar Threads - scam sick old

2. I am sick of useless updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am sick of useless updates: everytime i try to update my w10 its basically crashes for no good reason and i have to wait quite some time just so it can re erase every update made..I can't even start my computer bcs of this.ABSOLUTELY SICK AND USELESS Plus to this i did everything to delete Skype...
  3. I am sick of useless updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am sick of useless updates: everytime i try to update my w10 its basically crashes for no good reason and i have to wait quite some time just so it can re erase every update made..I can't even start my computer bcs of this.ABSOLUTELY SICK AND USELESS Plus to this i did everything to delete Skype...
  4. I am sick of useless updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need some help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need some help: I tried to install the Windows 10 update on my HP laptop and now it got stuck in the loop and it's showing Attempting to recover installation & undoing changes made to your computer. I don't have a bootable usb. How can I resolve this? Thanks! submitted by /u/MrNoobyUwU...
  6. I need some Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need some Help: Hello, i want an ISO of the Windows 10 18363.752 build but i can't find it anywhere in the internet so i am asking anyone who's in here: can anyone send me an ISO? submitted by /u/Icey677059 [link] [comments]...
  7. Need some help reviving an old PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Need some help reviving an old PC: Hi. My aunt asked me to give her laptop a once over because it wasn't 'working right'. Yeah, no kidding. Its slowed to an absolute crawl. Its been like that for a long time apparently, she just never bothered doing anything about it. I did the basics, uninstalled a lot of...
  8. I need some help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need some help: So, I'm wanting to buy an SSD for my laptop, it says the performance would increase dramatically. But the problem is, my laptop has terrible fps on Minecraft: Java edition, so, what should I do? My Laptop is a Toshiba satellite c55-b5100. Current Specs: Windows 10: Latest...
  9. i am sick of this pop ups.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am sick of this pop ups.: please help with these pop ups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-sick-of-this-pop-ups/8b0d2f3d-0d2f-4540-b19a-fd04046d7e68"
  10. I need some help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some help.: So, I saw a ad that I clicked on. After, as soon that I saw some coding appearing and a Microsoft Alert logo, I immediately clicked off the page. Was that the right thing to do, or should I have used Task Manager to close it? What should I do now?...