Windows 10: Is this a scam? I am being charged using my Husband's name: Windows Defender Advanced...

Discus and support Is this a scam? I am being charged using my Husband's name: Windows Defender Advanced... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This does not look right. Someone is using my Husband's name and he does not own a computer. I am the only one with a Microsoft 365 Personal account.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by freezeframe2, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Is this a scam? I am being charged using my Husband's name: Windows Defender Advanced...

This does not look right. Someone is using my Husband's name and he does not own a computer. I am the only one with a Microsoft 365 Personal account.

What is this email?

Microsoft Account

Order Confirmation

Separator

Invoice Number : WIN48974984-xxxxxx

Customer Id : xxxxxx

Email : xxxxxxxxx

Phone : +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX

Invoice Date: Feb 16, 2021

Item

Quantity

Total

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Firewall & Network Protection One Year Subscription

$ 349.99

Total $ 349.99

Dear Customer,

If You didnt make this purchase or if you believe an unauthorized person is attempting to access your Microsoft account Call to our customer care representative +1 877-564-0128 Toll Free.

This Email confirms payment for the Microsoft Defender listed above. You will be each plan period until you cancel by downloading to the Microsoft Defender plan from your PC.

You May contact Microsoft for a full refund within 48 Hrs of a monthly Subscription upgrade or within 72 Hrs after yearly payment. Partial refunds are available where required by law.

Regards

Microsoft team

Phone : 18775640128

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Firewall & Network Protection One Year Subscription

$ 349.99

Total $ 349.99

:)

freezeframe2, Feb 16, 2021

2. Windows Defender Scam

I received an email stating I am being charged $199.00 for windows defender can this be true or is it a scam?

[Original Title: window defender]

bettyeharris, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Window Defender Scam

I received a scam email concerning Windows Defender Protection this morning which I did not call phone number listed. Just wanted to advise you of this email.

monroejohnson, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Schness02 Win User

Is this a scam? I am being charged using my Husband's name: Windows Defender Advanced...

Window Defender Scam

I also received a SCAM email regarding Windows Defender Protection. I called the phone number. The person who answered the phone was trying to tell me about a $299 subscription charge. And made little sense. I hung up quickly.

I did not respond to the email. The disguised email address is: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Schness02, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Is this a scam? I am being charged using my Husband's name: Windows Defender Advanced...

1. Is this a scam? I am being charged using my Husband's name: Windows Defender Advanced... - Similar Threads - scam being charged

2. I am being charged for a service i cannot use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am being charged for a service i cannot use: i logged into my account and it wont let me use any of the microsoft. i want refund https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-being-charged-for-a-service-i-cannot-use/c53b5182-e522-40cf-af0c-18a0fb67da9a
  3. I am being charged for a service i cannot use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am being charged for a service i cannot use: i logged into my account and it wont let me use any of the microsoft. i want refund https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-being-charged-for-a-service-i-cannot-use/c53b5182-e522-40cf-af0c-18a0fb67da9a
  4. Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed: My husband contacted me today while I was out and said his computer had been hacked and hit with spyware. He did not call the number on his computer screen but instead got on his phone and googled what he thought was a Microsoft support phone number 888-387-4005 and that he...
  5. Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed: My husband contacted me today while I was out and said his computer had been hacked and hit with spyware. He did not call the number on his computer screen but instead got on his phone and googled what he thought was a Microsoft support phone number 888-387-4005 and that he...
  6. Can find a subscription that I am being charged for

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can find a subscription that I am being charged for: I am being charged for Visio and looked at my subscriptions but I can’t find in any of my accounts…I have the invoices and the confirmation numbers…...
  7. How to transfer my husband's account to my name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to transfer my husband's account to my name: My husband was an account holder. He has died and I wish to transfer the account to my name. The subscription has been paid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-my-husbands-account-to-my-name/d07ac218-95fa-4bf7-af25-b2857c16fcbc
  8. Am I being scammed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Am I being scammed?: I keep receiving this message: "We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." Is this legitimate or am I being hacked?...
  9. Am I being scammed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I being scammed?: I heard an alarm bell going on my laptop. Then a message saying that I needed to update Windows 10 drivers. Then a message from Tweakbit.com telling me to install & update Windows 10. Is this a scam?...
  10. Scam using Microsoft name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam using Microsoft name?: I received a call from a UK geographic number (01202 680708) claiming that my computer had security issues and that Microsoft wanted to check my PC and show me how to fix the issues by sending an upgrade. When I said I wasn't going to do that he said I was right to be wary...