Windows 10: Is This A Scam?

Discus and support Is This A Scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Twice now I have been contacted by someone claiming to be from "Microsoft Technology". He says that a program I bought for computer tech service has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShelbyMorrison, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Is This A Scam?

Twice now I have been contacted by someone claiming to be from "Microsoft Technology". He says that a program I bought for computer tech service has not been operating properly and that Microsoft will repair it and also refund my money. Then, he took me through some steps online, including connecting with "getme.com" if I remember correctly. I was suspicious and became moreso when the screen asked to to turn over to remote control. At that point I told him "no" and disconnected. I hope you can find him. Shelby Morrison *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

ShelbyMorrison, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User

Is This A Scam?

Smeed, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Is This A Scam?

1. Is This A Scam? - Similar Threads - Scam

2. I Drive SCAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Drive SCAM: I enrolled in I Drive back up service some months ago. Had question a few days ago called in and the Indian tech asked to do remote view so as to better show me the answer to my question. In the process my desktop background went black instead of the usual green images that...
  3. possible scam

possible scam: I am getting calls from "Windows PC Care" saying my security support has expired. I will be charged $399.00 if I don't cancel, in which I have to go to their web address to start the process. He called & called & called. When I stopped answering he started texting me....
  4. Is there a link to report a scam?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a link to report a scam?: I would like to report a tech scam and found a link earlier within the Microsoft site but I can no longer find it. Can anyone direct me there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-link-to-report-a-scam/4367b9a5-d734-4fec-8c1b-d337aeadbd4b
  5. Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate?

Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate?: Is Driver Support a scam or legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/driver-support-security-a-scam-or-legitimate/0200746a-4c60-4c7b-9212-4659c6ad2596
  6. Is this a scam?

Is this a scam?: I was on the microsoft edge browser when a pop up and audio saying my device been compromised and call tech which a did and they said if any store they mentioned like circle k was around so I could buy the security in that store because they’re partners or something like and...
  7. Scam or real?

Scam or real?: Scam or real?[ATTACH]udden this took over my screen: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-or-real/695493f0-2cb4-4880-bc38-1f0e86c9ae33"
  8. scam purporting to be Microsoft

scam purporting to be Microsoft: I received another scam call, from an ****,coming in as coming from my landline home telephone, purporting to be Microsoft, telling me that my license will be revoke, within 38-hours, if I do not respond! Of course, I opened the phone line, with ****, and responding, again,...
  9. Did I get scammed

Did I get scammed: My computer crashed and I called HP - I bought it in January. They said I needed to talk to 2nd level and that they would call me back and gave me a date and time. Woman from Microsoft called and had me reset my pc and download windows from aka.ms/win7iso. I have Windows...
  10. Windows is a piece of shi...!!!! a shame and fu... scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is a piece of shi...!!!! a shame and fu... scam: Why this piece of shi.... is doing upgrade without asking and more of that killing all apps without saving your work!!!! This is a fu... shame. Windows is a piece of shi... and a commercial scam. The worth os that make informatic back to 20years at least. Bill gate should...