Windows 10: Is this a scam?

Discus and support Is this a scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was on the microsoft edge browser when a pop up and audio saying my device been compromised and call tech which a did and they said if any store they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Eloza, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Eloza Win User

Is this a scam?

I was on the microsoft edge browser when a pop up and audio saying my device been compromised and call tech which a did and they said if any store they mentioned like circle k was around so I could buy the security in that store because they’re partners or something like and it would cost me $350? So is it a scam?

:)

Eloza, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User

Is this a scam?

Smeed, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Is this a scam?

1. Is this a scam? - Similar Threads - scam

2. ERRORS AND SCAMS LEVEL TWO NOT GETTING ANY HELP FOR A LEVEL TWO GOT A FAKE PRETENDING TO BE...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ERRORS AND SCAMS LEVEL TWO NOT GETTING ANY HELP FOR A LEVEL TWO GOT A FAKE PRETENDING TO BE...: THIS COMMUNITY FAKE SCAMMED ME TODAY IT SHOULD BE MICROSOFTS RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT THIS SITE. I SHOULD HAVE A FREE DEFENDER PRO SCAN AND LEVEL TWO HELP I AM IN THE INISIDER PROGRAM FOR MANY YEARS HELPING MICROSOFT AS A FREE VOLUNTEER BUT I DID NOT UNDERSTAND NOR DID...
  3. "Security Info Replacement" Email - Scam or legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Security Info Replacement" Email - Scam or legit?: Perusing the threads, have found some mentions of this dating back several years - but no definitive answer. Received an email this morning stating from "Microsoft account team" *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email stated that someone "started a process to...
  4. click bait scams and false advertising.

click bait scams and false advertising.: hi, ive asked here before and was told to use feed back on msn home page .but no one is bothered ..why does msn allow scam adds . today they have a add showing celeb rock star bono with a message about him to tempt you to click on ..its all for bitcoin scams. and I dare say...
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 product key - scam or true?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Windows 10 product key - scam or true?: Hello! I bought new Windows 10 Pro from GenuinePros and friend too. He tried to install his copy and it looks like scam - his words. How to find if is Windows 10 Product Key true or scam without Windows 10 installation begin? Thank you for fast support. Miro...
  6. My over 80 years old father was scammed and his computer is locked up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My over 80 years old father was scammed and his computer is locked up: Hi All, My over 80 years old father was recently scammed and gave remote access to a "Microsoft Technician" to fix his Dell Inspiron 3670 desk top computer with Windows 10. Once connected to my dad's PC the "tech" wanted $1000 to fix it and literally told my dad if he...
  7. Tech support scam; malwarebytes finds nothing. Advice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tech support scam; malwarebytes finds nothing. Advice?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alalavar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emj4rw/tech_support_scam_malwarebytes_finds_nothing/
  8. microsoftstoreemail.com - Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoftstoreemail.com - Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam?: I'm getting emails from "Microsoft Store <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>". Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoftstoreemailcom/c2740f8f-1679-42aa-ac43-02d5aa18a896"
  9. Ominous Screen has popped up - Is this a scam?

Ominous Screen has popped up - Is this a scam?: I have had an ominous screen pop up and I am wondering if it is a scam. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ominous-screen-has-popped-up-is-this-a-scam/8da0be4e-93df-4791-be66-0b6d1e2c7ee4
  10. Scam ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scam ?: I keep getting icloud.exe-bad image error and I can't figure how to rid of the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam/a453c3b9-7abc-4f6a-9f1a-22c7eb981174