Windows 10: Is this a serious infection of PC?

Discus and support Is this a serious infection of PC? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been plagued with issues on my Windows 7 for about two years, sometimes serious yet most of the time just niggling issues but always things not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidQuinn3, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Is this a serious infection of PC?

I have been plagued with issues on my Windows 7 for about two years, sometimes serious yet most of the time just niggling issues but always things not working like they should. Since i've moved onto 10 the problems haven't exactly disappeared and I also installed AVG and it has detected a virus as shown in the picture

Could anybody here tell me what would cause a virus to be infected in that location? The program cannot access the file after a restart I get the same prompt.

Thanks to anybody able to help.

:)

DavidQuinn3, Jun 29, 2019
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Jun 29, 2019
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Is this a serious infection of PC?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Is this a serious infection of PC?

1. Is this a serious infection of PC? - Similar Threads - serious infection

2. A serious question about conducts and proper practices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious question about conducts and proper practices: Ok, this is gonna be a pretty wild thread but clearly some companies are even wilder, and I'm gonna copy and paste it as your employees/bots will instantly close any thread that is in any way related to misconduct or corruption in this company, Microsoft conveniently doesn't...
  3. A serious question about conducts and proper practices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious question about conducts and proper practices: Ok, this is gonna be a pretty wild thread but clearly some companies are even wilder, and I'm gonna copy and paste it as your employees/bots will instantly close any thread that is in any way related to misconduct or corruption in this company, Microsoft conveniently doesn't...
  4. Microsoft support is a god damn joke.. Seriously?!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft support is a god damn joke.. Seriously?!: My 92 year old grandfather was forced to make an outlook account to install windows 10. he purchased a brand new machine with a brand new windows 10 license, and mistyped his password. I setup our account to email me for recovery issues.. We've tried multiple times to reset...
  5. Microsoft support is a god damn joke.. Seriously?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft support is a god damn joke.. Seriously?!: My 92 year old grandfather was forced to make an outlook account to install windows 10. he purchased a brand new machine with a brand new windows 10 license, and mistyped his password. I setup our account to email me for recovery issues.. We've tried multiple times to reset...
  6. Microsoft support is a god damn joke.. Seriously?!

7. i need some seriously help with errors at my event wiever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i need some seriously help with errors at my event wiever: Im having trouble with those errors listed below, any kind of would appreicated. Kernel-PnP event ID: 219<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" /> <EventID>219</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>3</Level>...
  8. I have a serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a serious problem: i changed the file program location from disk c: to external hard d: from registry editorand when i turnit back it wont and all shortcuts dont work even blendr stopedi realy need fast help on this...
  9. I have a serious problem

I have a serious problem: i changed the file program location from disk c: to external hard d: from registry editorand when i turnit back it wont and all shortcuts dont work even blendr stopedi realy need fast help on this...
  10. I have seriously concerning login issue.

I have seriously concerning login issue.: ***Title: Windows PIN Setup Issue*** **Need Assistance** Hello Community, I'm currently experiencing difficulties with setting up my Windows PIN. I find myself unable to reset the PIN, and therefore I am forced to stay out of my laptop. And the system is prompting me to reset...