Windows 10: Is this a spam call

Discus and support Is this a spam call in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a call from Asbury Park, NJ ( 848-217-3909) from someone saying they were Microsoft and that my valid copy of Windows 10 Pro was expired and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nubbs521, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Nubbs521 Win User

Is this a spam call

I received a call from Asbury Park, NJ ( 848-217-3909) from someone saying they were Microsoft and that my valid copy of Windows 10 Pro was expired and I would be charged $299. I called them and they said that my copy will expire and that they need to deactivate my Windows 10 Pro because an update that I received was corrupted. That don't sound right at all. Can anyone help me?

:)

Nubbs521, Jul 2, 2019

2. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 2, 2019
  3. bruinator Win User
    spam blocker

looking for a simple email spam blocker for android. Can someone suggest one they actually use and works well.
    thx

bruinator, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Is this a spam call

How do I filter Spam in Mail Windows 10?

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

You can move to spam folder all day long and you get the same unwanted emails the next day. What a piece of crap. I'm about to go with a Chromebook or Apple. Microsoft sucks more and more.

MikeAguailar, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Is this a spam call

1. Is this a spam call - Similar Threads - spam call

2. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  3. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  4. Spam call from supposed technical department os Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spam call from supposed technical department os Microsoft: Thank you for your welcome! We had a spam call through Belgian number on our landline phone, supposedly from Microsoft technical department. They have also sent us a personal badge photo. Please let us know, what is happening...
  5. Spam call from supposed technical department os Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spam call from supposed technical department os Microsoft: Thank you for your welcome! We had a spam call through Belgian number on our landline phone, supposedly from Microsoft technical department. They have also sent us a personal badge photo. Please let us know, what is happening...
  6. Spam call from supposed technical department os Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Authentication call - spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Authentication call - spam?: My partner just had a call from +1 212220. It said something along the lines of 'thank you for using microsoft verification'. There was then dialling keys on the other side, and the call said 'please press the pound key' or similar. My partner hung up. They then called again...
  8. Error spam when calling vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceFormatsKHR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error spam when calling vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceFormatsKHR: I'm working on a vulkan renderer and when I call the vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceFormatsKHR function with valid parameters, I get spammed by errors in Windows.Graphics.dll The call: uint32_t count{ 0 }; int const result = vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceFormatsKHR physDevice,...
  9. Google Fi brings spam warnings and Wi-Fi calling to more phones

in Windows 10 News
    Google Fi brings spam warnings and Wi-Fi calling to more phones: No matter what phone you use with Google Fi, our phone plan in the U.S., you’ll get great features—like reliable coverage, easy group plans and high speed international data coverage for the same rates you pay at home. We’ve been working to bring the Google Fi experience to...
  10. spam phone calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spam phone calls: I keep getting phone calls saying they are from Microsoft Support and need to run a scan on my computer as I have security issues. They sound like they are from India. About 7 years ago I fell for that and they ruined my computer so I scrapped it and bought another.Now I...