Windows 10: Is this a spam call

Discus and support Is this a spam call in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a call from Asbury Park, NJ ( 848-217-3909) from someone saying they were Microsoft and that my valid copy of Windows 10 Pro was expired and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nubbs521, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Nubbs521 Win User

Is this a spam call

I received a call from Asbury Park, NJ ( 848-217-3909) from someone saying they were Microsoft and that my valid copy of Windows 10 Pro was expired and I would be charged $299. I called them and they said that my copy will expire and that they need to deactivate my Windows 10 Pro because an update that I received was corrupted. That don't sound right at all. Can anyone help me?

:)

Nubbs521, Jul 2, 2019

2. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 2, 2019
  3. bruinator Win User
    spam blocker

looking for a simple email spam blocker for android. Can someone suggest one they actually use and works well.
    thx

bruinator, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Is this a spam call

How do I filter Spam in Mail Windows 10?

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

You can move to spam folder all day long and you get the same unwanted emails the next day. What a piece of crap. I'm about to go with a Chromebook or Apple. Microsoft sucks more and more.

MikeAguailar, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Is this a spam call

1. Is this a spam call - Similar Threads - spam call

2. I need some help with stopping spam

in Browsers and Email
    I need some help with stopping spam: So, i just reinstalled firefox, and i realized what a spam monster it is right off the bat. It seems like you can get rid of most ads by installing adblocker, just like you can get rid of most cookies warnings by installing the addon called i dont care about cookies. With...
  3. spam phone calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spam phone calls: I keep getting phone calls saying they are from Microsoft Support and need to run a scan on my computer as I have security issues. They sound like they are from India. About 7 years ago I fell for that and they ruined my computer so I scrapped it and bought another.Now I...
  4. How do I stop spam/junk mail from my computer other than changing my address/username

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I stop spam/junk mail from my computer other than changing my address/username: I would like to know how to stop the large amount of Junk from being sent to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-spamjunk-mail-from-my-computer-other/d914f057-1c6f-4ff5-8d73-104f49bc9b1b"
  5. Getting spam reminded event in Windows notification center everyday

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting spam reminded event in Windows notification center everyday: Hi, recently I'm getting some Russian spam (about some online making money) even in my windows notification center. It asks me to snooze or dismiss. When I click on that it opens my calendar I think (I don't remember well, didn't pay attention) and when I go in Windows...
  6. Clipboard getting spammed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard getting spammed: This question is a follow-up from this thread. So, my clipboard has an issue. Whenever I try to copy a word longer than 33 characters, it creates one copy of alphanumeric string. I can still paste my copied document from the clipboard. But if I copy words longer than 51...
  7. Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?: I was looking through the spam folder in Gmail and was wondering why some emails from ZDNet Newsletter which I am subscribed to go to the Inbox and remain there while others are relegated to the spam folder. I also noticed some emails from CNET Insider...
  8. Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?: I was looking through the spam folder in Gmail and was wondering why some emails from ZDNet Newsletter which I am subscribed to go to the Inbox and remain there while others are relegated to the spam folder. I also noticed some emails from CNET Insider...
  9. "Photo App" loaded with SPAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Photo App" loaded with SPAM: I have just downloaded MS Photo App from Win 10 app store and found that when run - it comes up with advert after advert - ie SPAM Is this the way that MS is going ?...
  10. I can't find any of the spam I have received in my email acct. SBCGlobal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't find any of the spam I have received in my email acct. SBCGlobal: I need to see the spam I have received in my emails. I can't find anything, any where, that lists all the spam I have received. Please reply. Thank you...