Windows 10: Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.

Discus and support Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is no description on this, so that may mean it is not safe. I disabled it but it says it's running currently. Right clicking then opening the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carson H, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Carson H Win User

Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.

There is no description on this, so that may mean it is not safe. I disabled it but it says it's running currently. Right clicking then opening the file location takes me to the System32 folder, but I cannot find the lowercase s system32 folder shown under the Command line. The file in file explorer seems pretty safe.

:)

Carson H, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Kovoet Win User

Problem with system32

I have a slight problem, every time I start windows I get this message.

Windows\system32 driver\ntndis.exe

Is there anyone who can help. I have no problems with putting together hardware but when it gets to software I get nervous to mess with it

Kovoet, Jun 9, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    System32 Folder

No that is not normal,

You should see:

System

System32

SystemApps

Capital S on all folders

Can you open the system32 folder set the view to list from the view ribbon and provide a screenshot of the contents of that folder

DaveM121, Jun 9, 2023
  4. IHP
    IHP Win User

System32 Folder

I have Windows 10 Home Edition OS. Is it normal for me to have two system32 folders, one named System32 and the other system32? It appears one is the duplicate of the other as the files inside appear to be the same.

Thema:

1. Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32. - Similar Threads - virus Has Different

2. Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.: There is no description on this, so that may mean it is not safe. I disabled it but it says it's running currently. Right clicking then opening the file location takes me to the System32 folder, but I cannot find the lowercase s system32 folder shown under the Command line....
  3. System32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32: Hi i have question about system 32 is there any way to clear dirver store or other files with any coommands i already know disk clena up but just asking if there more way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system32/69391b2d-1143-4610-aabf-ddc8c5073f21
  4. System32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System32: Hi i have question about system 32 is there any way to clear dirver store or other files with any coommands i already know disk clena up but just asking if there more way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system32/69391b2d-1143-4610-aabf-ddc8c5073f21
  5. System32 Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 Virus: Hello, I got a virus from a suspicious site after I tried to install a game on my computer. I disabled windows defender so I could extract the file and then I realized it was a virus.I used windows defender later Malwarebytes in the hope that they would be able to remove the...
  6. System32 Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System32 Virus: Hello, I got a virus from a suspicious site after I tried to install a game on my computer. I disabled windows defender so I could extract the file and then I realized it was a virus.I used windows defender later Malwarebytes in the hope that they would be able to remove the...
  7. System32 Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. System32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System32: I accidentally deleted some crucial programs and services from sysyem32 i have a dell latitude e6500 running Windows 10 i cant open any files, i can open command prompt but i cant open as administrator, i i cant reset or back up through settings, i i cant update or download...
  9. System32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System32: Hello, I bought a computer in a store, When taking the delivery, I check the computer and I saw a lot of hidden files (9 982 about and 1038 folders). Files that are visible are 4161 about and 130 Dir. I am not an expert, so I like to know how many files using windows 10 a...
  10. Virus in System32 winevt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus in System32 winevt: Avast in my Win 10 PC is showing threat as in the attached image but not able to resolve. I am even not able to delete this file manually. What is the importance of this file. How to delete it. [img] 112613