Windows 10: Is this a Virus or Spyware?

Discus and support Is this a Virus or Spyware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried Revo Uninstaller but it couldn't find Nox App Player, so I installed it again and used Revo to uninstall it but no results. Well, are you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikeMecanic, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Is this a Virus or Spyware?

Well, are you familiar with Regedit? Win+R+regedit.exe. Search for Nox_unload.exe + nox + nox player. Click F3 each time to reach the end of the loop.
    You should try first to take a tour to see what the search engine returns.
    You must be prudent with nox alone, because you may get undesirable results. Delete what is related to nox only.

Note: In Revo, when deleting files (advanced) there is a popup from Nox asking you to delete their app with their internal uninstall program. Did you answer <<no>> to this popup?

MikeMecanic, Apr 5, 2018

2. So every time I turn my laptop on, I get this message:
    "------------------------------------start------------------------------------Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0msNox_unload.exe 6488 Console 1 50,156 Ki=1Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1: Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0msSUCCESS: The process "Nox_unload.exe" with PID 652 has been terminated.i=2Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1: Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0msi=3Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1: Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0msi=4Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1: Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0msi=5Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1: Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms"C:\Program Files (x86)\Nox"-------------------------------------end-------------------------------------"

So after this message, I deleted the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nox" folder and then I got some message in uTorrent that 127.0.0.1 requires a login.
    I've scanned with Malwarebytes and no threats were found. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

theCodeFather, Apr 17, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Is this a virus or something?

Here's one way to check whether the pop-up is legitimate: Rest your mouse pointer on the link ("Haz clic aqui ...") In the lower left corner of your browser window you will see the actual address where the link points. If the link points to a genuine Corel
    website then it's legitimate. Otherwise, be suspicious.

BulldogXX, Apr 17, 2018
  4. Is this a Virus or Spyware?

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 17, 2018
  5. dmholt57 Win User
    Check the startup folder, it is not sending outbound, everything points back to your computer, 127.0.0.1 *Nerd

dmholt57, Apr 17, 2018
  6. The startup folder is empty.

7. dmholt57 Win User
    Must be in Scheduled Tasks...or a service from the game/program...there may be registry keys left behind when you deleted the Nox folder, you could search regedit in HKLM and HKCU

dmholt57, Apr 17, 2018
  8. swarfega Win User

Is this a Virus or Spyware?

Whats in C:\Program Files (x86)\Nox ?

swarfega, Apr 17, 2018
  9. I deleted it, so I don't know.

10. Even after deleting the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nox" folder, I got the same message at the next startup.

theCodeFather, Apr 18, 2018
  11. simrick Win User
  12. Then try Revo Uninstaller pro for removing leftover.

If Nox is not shown in the main page, in the upper left corner, select Forced Uninstall, type the name of the program <<nox player>> and then click advanced + next. Select all twice and delete twice.

Choose the Pro version free trial:
    Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Good luck,
    This is the bug you have:
    WHAT IS nox_unload.exe -Fix nox_unload.exe errors (Solved)

MikeMecanic, Apr 18, 2018
  13. simrick Win User

*Wink You're welcome.

simrick, Apr 19, 2018
  14. I tried Revo Uninstaller but it couldn't find Nox App Player, so I installed it again and used Revo to uninstall it but no results.

theCodeFather, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Is this a Virus or Spyware? - Similar Threads - Virus Spyware

2. is there a way to stop a trojan spyware virus from logging keystrokes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to stop a trojan spyware virus from logging keystrokes?: is there a way to stop trojan virus from logging keystrokes? Thats all I'm wondering because I don't want to risk my password to remove the virus....
  3. is there a way to stop a trojan spyware virus from logging keystrokes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to stop a trojan spyware virus from logging keystrokes?: is there a way to stop trojan virus from logging keystrokes? Thats all I'm wondering because I don't want to risk my password to remove the virus....
  4. Virus And Spyware Definitions Update Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus And Spyware Definitions Update Issue: I am trying to update the virus and spyware definitions of my Dad's laptop but it is stuck at a particular point. It reads that it is downloading but has not moved from the point where it is currently in. Please, I would appreciate any help I can get, thank you....
  5. Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone...

Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone...: Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone call when I opened HP Windows 10 laptop. Please, Need More Help!I'm sorry, this is a repost. I also made a second post in a different category when there was a change in the situation....
  6. Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone...: Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone call when I opened HP Windows 10 laptop. Please, Need More Help!I'm sorry, this is a repost. I also made a second post in a different category when there was a change in the situation....
  7. Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Defender's Virus And Spyware Definitions Not Updating

Windows Defender's Virus And Spyware Definitions Not Updating: My windows defender's virus and spyware definitions isn't updating when I check for updates in windows update and also in the windows defender user interface either.I submit a prove about what happen when I tried to update it.I am not a fan of going to...
  9. Microsoft is by definition, a virus, spyware, and malware.

Microsoft is by definition, a virus, spyware, and malware.: What do viruses, spyware and malware do? They hijack your computer, install unwanted software, corrupt your files making them unusable, and spy on your activities. Literally...EVERYTHING that Microsoft does. Many know this already because we've spent endless hours setting up...
  10. Virus and Spyware definition update.

Virus and Spyware definition update.: Tried multiple times updating definition but it still says of of date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-spyware-definition-update/250ae572-fed5-452e-9fac-c56fd78ccd09