Windows 10: Is this a Windows Problem or a Hardware Problem?

Discus and support Is this a Windows Problem or a Hardware Problem? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help! I'm trapped in an endless loop! Upon booting, Windows attempts to auto repair, which always fails and leads to the troubleshooting menu. From... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wostguvjimbo, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Is this a Windows Problem or a Hardware Problem?

Help! I'm trapped in an endless loop! Upon booting, Windows attempts to auto repair, which always fails and leads to the troubleshooting menu. From there I'm attempting to reset my PC, but this seems to always lead to a crash during the reset, which then reboots and starts the whole thing over.

I've tried the reset about 3 times now. The third time it didn't crash but I got a blue screen message reading, "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

I've already safely removed my files from my HDD, so I'm not worried about losing anything. I don't think it's a problem with my HDD but I'm not that experienced so I could be wrong.

submitted by /u/Wostguvjimbo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wostguvjimbo, Feb 28, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 28, 2020
  3. robal Win User
    need HELP - Cant UNDERSTAND what's the PROBLEM

Hi,

The fact that your PC failed to start the very first time is worrying, and suggests hardware problem.

Screen gibberish with Ubuntu can be normal (way the GPU driver kicks in).
    However, the screen gibberish during Windows load is unheard of, and suggests GPU problem (or windows corruption)

I'd suggest running a thorough memtest86+ from bootable CD/USB first.
    Possible problems:
    - power supply
    - memory
    - graphics card
    - windows corrupted

robal, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Is this a Windows Problem or a Hardware Problem?

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Is this a Windows Problem or a Hardware Problem?

1. Is this a Windows Problem or a Hardware Problem? - Similar Threads - Problem Hardware Problem

2. Hardware problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware problem: Hello i use a x52 pro joystick and throttle controller on a windows 11 pc the throttle is functionning very well but the joystick does light up but do not respond do you have any solution ?...
  3. hardware problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hardware problem: Hi! I have the asus tuf 505 with a windows 10 installed on it.The problem is : mu ASUS laptop battery is not charging. The battery indicator on the laptop says not charging” even when an AC adapter is connecting to the laptop....
  4. hardware problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware problem: Hi! I have the asus tuf 505 with a windows 10 installed on it.The problem is : mu ASUS laptop battery is not charging. The battery indicator on the laptop says not charging” even when an AC adapter is connecting to the laptop....
  5. Hardware problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hardware problems: Hi so I got the acer swift 3 laptop this summer to use for school and ever since i got it i have been having issues getting it to stay connected to the wifi and when trying to reconnect it shows no networks. We have called acer support many times and have done what they said...
  6. Hardware Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware Problem: I realise this site is about Windows, etc., but there might come a point where I won't be able to use your software because of a hardware glitch. My 5-month old pc HP 22-C0027nafull-HD all in one Prod: 5KR99EA# ABU has presented me with a dilemma. I can't find out how it...
  7. Hardware Problem

Hardware Problem: Why is my Gateway laptop playing the hardware sounds randomly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-problem/57c9345b-0b17-4109-9f2b-f4c0661af353
  8. Hardware Problem?

Hardware Problem?: So my computer's been crashing randomly with various BSoD's (kernel_security_check_error, system_thread_exception_not_handled, etc.). It first started happening when I was gaming but then it grew more frequent to the point where it would happen every 30min to an hour. I tried...
  9. Hardware problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware problem: I am trying to use 2 DVD drives with Win 10. The bios shows them, but win 10 device manger, only sees the first drive ( pioneer bdr-207m sata ) the second drive a Lite-On IHass224-06 does not show up and cant be accessed.... if I access the hidden devices it will show but not...
  10. Problem with hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with hardware: Hello My problem is about my laptop's hard disk broken down and I bought a new one. And I want to redownload my windows 10 verison that it came with laptop I bought Could I?...