Windows 10: Is this bios update legitimate or a virus of some form?

Discus and support Is this bios update legitimate or a virus of some form? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is this legitimate? I just purchased a new computer and it randomly started to slow down. It restarted with an update and it seems to have lost speed.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HarrisonLavelle, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Is this bios update legitimate or a virus of some form?

Is this legitimate? I just purchased a new computer and it randomly started to slow down. It restarted with an update and it seems to have lost speed. Will allowing this update solve this problem?

Is this bios update legitimate or a virus of some form? [​IMG]

:)

HarrisonLavelle, Jul 25, 2020
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Is this bios update legitimate or a virus of some form?

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Is this bios update legitimate or a virus of some form?

1. Is this bios update legitimate or a virus of some form? - Similar Threads - bios update legitimate

2. virus in the bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus in the bios: is it possible to clean the bios from viruses if the virus has penetrated the bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-in-the-bios/09e32865-2143-4e69-a1e0-5d3bc1323eb4
  3. virus in the bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus in the bios: is it possible to clean the bios from viruses if the virus has penetrated the bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-in-the-bios/09e32865-2143-4e69-a1e0-5d3bc1323eb4
  4. is a Bios update pop up legitimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is a Bios update pop up legitimate?: Is this pop up legitimate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-bios-update-pop-up-legitimate/477fcea4-6cf4-460f-b15f-98ba3a44d420
  5. is a Bios update pop up legitimate?

is a Bios update pop up legitimate?: Is this pop up legitimate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-bios-update-pop-up-legitimate/477fcea4-6cf4-460f-b15f-98ba3a44d420
  6. why are some emails in raw form?

why are some emails in raw form?: Some of my emails arrive in a raw form I think that's the term or HTML. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-emails-in-raw-form/47e96e4e-9ebf-47aa-b311-5c536e623c97
  7. UEFI/BIOS Virus?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI/BIOS Virus?: I have recently bought a new PC. Initially the W10 version was 1909 but very soon after purchase it was upgraded to 2004. One of the first things I did was to create a recovery USB memory stick. This was prior to me knowing how to access the PC's BIOS/UEFI although I had...
  8. bios virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bios virus: using hp mini desktop and window 10 pro. got avirus which corrupted MBR couldnt load window. Installed a new ssd formatted by other computer, re-installed another copy of window but the same error message, corrupted MBR happened again, any suggestions?...
  9. BIOS Virus

BIOS Virus: Dear All, Do it have a virus that can sleep inside BIOS area? b.bios,c.bios Do we have an anti-virse scanner that can check the BIOS, b.bios, c.bios? What kind of mal-function that bios virus can be done? I seem to have found a new bios virus that can damage computer...
  10. Phone call saying I had a virus. Is this legitimate?

Phone call saying I had a virus. Is this legitimate?: I received a voice mail on my land line saying they were from Microsoft - claiming that a virus had been detected on my hard drive. The message suggested I immediately take the device to a local Microsoft retailer. If there was no retailer available they provided a...