Windows 10: Is this communication, supposedly from Microsoft, legitimate?

Discus and support Is this communication, supposedly from Microsoft, legitimate? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A pop-up on my Win10 computer spoke of serious problems if I did not immediately call "Microsoft" at 388-217-6320. Sure enough, I was unable to use my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Odin99, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Odin99 Win User

Is this communication, supposedly from Microsoft, legitimate?

A pop-up on my Win10 computer spoke of serious problems if I did not immediately call "Microsoft" at 388-217-6320. Sure enough, I was unable to use my computer outside safe mode. The rep at that phone number ["Morris," direct line 866-22-3137] said that I needed network license keys that I must right away obtain by buying $800 worth of Google Play gift cards at $200 each, whose numbers I'd give him, after which he'd refund the cost to me. He said I needed Google Play cards because I was using a Google Web server. Is this a scam?

:)

Odin99, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

Tenforo, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    HP and Microsoft Expand Alliance in Unified Communications and Collaboration

At Interop Las Vegas 2009, HP and Microsoft today announced a four-year strategic global initiative to deliver an end-to-end unified communications and collaboration solution.

As part of their Frontline Partnership, the two companies expect to invest up to an additional $180 million in product development, professional services, as well as joint sales and marketing, to help organizations lower costs and improve productivity.

The solution, which is planned to span software, hardware, networking and services, would enable customers to improve business output and reduce travel, telecom and IT operating costs. This would be accomplished by streamlining communications across messaging, video and voice with connected applications and devices. HP and Microsoft also plan to provide the flexibility and control customers need to manage their communications infrastructure efficiently.

Demand for unified communications and collaboration technologies is growing rapidly. According to an independent report from Forrester Research, 84 percent of enterprises in North America and Europe are currently evaluating, piloting or implementing unified communications and collaboration solutions, and the market is expected to grow at a rate of 35.9 percent through 2015.

“Customers can lower costs and rapidly enhance employee productivity with unified communications and collaboration from HP and Microsoft,” said Ann Livermore, executive vice president, Technology Solutions Group, HP. “We provide customers with solutions that are rich, intuitive and accessible from anywhere on nearly any device.”

HP and Microsoft share a vision for business productivity solutions built on open, software-based platforms that work with the applications and systems people know and use today.

“Together, we are offering the extensive breadth of capabilities of our respective technologies to deliver a truly unified communications and collaboration solution to help our customers improve business productivity,” said Stephen Elop, president, Microsoft Business Division, Microsoft. “This means one click to communicate, one click to conference, one click to collaborate.”

“Microsoft’s approach to unified communications and collaboration solutions, combined with HP’s global technology and services, will help us drive innovation and growth in our business,” said Tina Atkinson, program sponsor, New Ways of Working, Cathay Pacific Airways. “Cathay Pacific Airways followed a detailed tender process and chose Microsoft and HP because they best met our requirements for a flexible and comprehensive approach to unified communications and collaboration, tailored to our needs.”

Product development and integration

• The two companies will form joint teams to collaborate on products and services development across Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Office Communications Server, as well as HP ProCurve networking products.
    • HP will obtain Microsoft Unified Communications qualification for the HP dx9000 TouchSmart Business PC and select smartphones.
    • HP will obtain Microsoft Unified Communications qualification for new IP desk phones.
    • HP Business Technology Optimization (BTO) software will provide additional support for Microsoft Office Communications Server, including the ability to provide real-time quality of service metrics for the voice and video network over the IP infrastructure.
    • The two companies will provide end point interoperability with HP Halo Telepresence Solutions and Microsoft Office Communications Server-based unified conferencing, enabling remote participants at any Microsoft Office Communication Server-enabled PC to join telepresence conferences.
    Professional services

• Microsoft and HP will offer a full set of business productivity services ranging from assessment, architecture planning and design to implementation, monitoring, management and support for software, hardware, network, server, storage and infrastructure components in the shared portfolio.
    • HP will dedicate a global team of service professionals to support the joint solutions, helping customers achieve improved levels of network availability and response times. • HP and Microsoft will also target communications service providers, offering them the same technologies and services to enable hosted unified communications and collaboration services for small to medium-sized businesses.
    • HP and Microsoft will provide services for customers who seek to run their technology on-premise, fully outsource, or who opt for a combination of both.
    • Microsoft and HP will work together to address customers’ real-time collaboration needs using HP Halo Managed Services and HP ProCurve products.
    Marketing and sales

• Microsoft and HP will assign dedicated salespeople to their joint solutions and train several thousand technical and delivery personnel.
    • The companies will showcase their end-to-end solution and their respective communications and collaboration products in Microsoft Technology Centers and HP Customer Briefing Centers worldwide.
    • HP will help organizations accelerate adoption of the end-to-end solution with flexible financing and trade-in programs from HP Financial Services.
    More information about the HP and Microsoft initiative is available here. More information about Microsoft unified communications and collaboration technologies is available here.

Source: HP

Tenforo, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

Tenforo, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Is this communication, supposedly from Microsoft, legitimate? - Similar Threads - communication supposedly Microsoft

2. Message in Junk Mail supposedly from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Message in Junk Mail supposedly from Microsoft: Received a security alert from Microsoft regarding unusual sign in activity. Since this came over to junk I am not sure it is legit. I did not open. How can I tell if this is real or fake?...
  3. Is this a legitimate patch from Microsoft?

Is this a legitimate patch from Microsoft?: Our Sonicwall is deeming: am_delta_patch_1.343.1035.0_8d4747caeb29b700fe8387ce0f578980b7d59d9f.exe, a Microsoft patch, a malicious file.Is it it a legitimate patch and what is it for?...
  4. A Message Supposedly from Microsoft asking for Money

A Message Supposedly from Microsoft asking for Money: I have message '' supposedly " from windows requesting $271.71 to be auto deducted from my account on June 21, 2021. Is this from you all?Thanks,Dennis Padgett[Original Title: windows defender]...
  5. Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?

Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?: Yesterday I started getting this popup below, again and again. Is this actually from Microsoft or is it malware? I am suspicious because it has no option to exit without taking action. I have now found a way in Settings to pause updates for seven days. If I keep...
  6. Verify communication is from Microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Verify communication is from Microsoft: Received email about an unknown purchase from Microsoft. Delivered to email account I don't usually use for such mail; how can I make certain it is legit without opening something or phoning the number?...
  7. Is a popup seemingly from Microsoft legitimate?

Is a popup seemingly from Microsoft legitimate?: The following popped up on my screen and I could not take any action except respond. I rebooted instead. Is this a legitimate message from Microsoft? If it is, how is a user expected to know that? [ATTACH]...
  8. Legitimate Microsoft request??

Legitimate Microsoft request??: I keep getting a warning that my computer will freeze if I don't call this phone number for assistance … 1-816-280-2833. Is this for real? If not real how do I stop this from popping up on my computer?...
  9. Call supposedly from Microsoft

Call supposedly from Microsoft: I keep getting a call saying it is Microsoft and that my computer has been hacked by several countries, ask me to push one on my phone, they never ask for me by name, so I thing It is a scam, does anyone have same problem...
  10. Microsoft Outlook Communications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook Communications: Today I keep noticing that the process "Microsoft Outlook Communications" is maxing out my DSL . Windows 10 pro 64 1809 17763.195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-outlook-communications/ffe91f9c-9c3e-4c1e-8c7d-3280b4d65b43