Windows 10: Is this disk defragmenter's problem?

Discus and support Is this disk defragmenter's problem? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My disk is 1tb After i merge c drive and ddrive the defragmenter stuck Then i unmerge them the disk defragmenter worked and it didnt stuck Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeeTeck Xian, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Is this disk defragmenter's problem?

My disk is 1tb

After i merge c drive and ddrive the defragmenter stuck

Then i unmerge them the disk defragmenter worked and it didnt stuck

Is this the defragmenter problem or the system problem?

:)

LeeTeck Xian, Jun 29, 2019

2. disk defragmentation

Hi,

To defragment your hard disk:

1. Click the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Defragmenter, and then in the list of results, click Disk Defragmenter.

2. Select the disk you want to defragment.

3. Click Analyze disk to determine if the disk needs to be defragmented or not.

4. If fragmentation is above 10%, you should defragment the disk.

5. Click Defragment disk, in order to defragment the disk.

(The above method is based on Disk Defragmenter tool for Windows 8)

Code:
    [url='https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10']Upgrade to Windows 10[/url]

sayedarifuddinpallab, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    Disk Defragmenter runs but when finished it now shows 14% fragmented.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Did you perform the defragmentation internally or on an external drive?

• Do you face any performance related issues even after the defragmentation?
    You can ignore the message if you are not facing any performance related issue
    after the process is done. It might be due to some error in the reporting. Then it won’t be an issue to worry about. If that is not the case, and you are still facing performance related issues, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it
    helps.

Step 1: Run a Disc Check on the computer.

You can perform a check disk to spot any error in your hard disk. To do so, right- click on the start button>select command prompt (admin)> type “chkdsk” and press enter.

This will display the exact errors occurring in your hard drive. Restart the computer and try Step 2.

Step 2: Perform a Disk Cleanup on your computer.

Refer the link below for steps to perform a Disk Cleanup.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Now, Run Disk Defragmentation and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Pawan1709, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Is this disk defragmenter's problem?

Problem using Disk Defragmenter

Disk Defragmenter freezes after checking 16% of disk. Machine must be re-booted to clear problem.

WilliamKreher, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Is this disk defragmenter's problem?

1. Is this disk defragmenter's problem? - Similar Threads - disk defragmenter's problem

2. system disk defragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system disk defragmentation: MY system drive is 94 % fragmented. used defrag command but it stops after two passes and does not optimize. I am using hp probook 4530s with windows 10 on it . Any help please....
  3. system disk defragmentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system disk defragmentation: MY system drive is 94 % fragmented. used defrag command but it stops after two passes and does not optimize. I am using hp probook 4530s with windows 10 on it . Any help please....
  4. system disk defragmentation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Defragmenter problem !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defragmenter problem !: My second post on this problem ! It was a week ago when I downloaded the Windows 10 May update and encountered a defragging problem. I think after you have done a big update the Defragmenter/Optimiser shows "Never run" until you actually run it. The problem is after running...
  6. Disk Defragmenter app for spinning Disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Defragmenter app for spinning Disk?: Hello, Windows 10 Home v1909 b.18363.535 I am still running Win 10, using a spinning Disk, happy with it, I do not need an SSD for now I am looking for a clean no malware, no ads Disk Defragmenter, I do not care if it is payware, I do not care where my big files are stored, I...
  7. Disk Defragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Defragmentation: Good Morning, I have a Touchsmart computer with Windows 10 Version 1903. I was doing defragmentation of my computer this morning and ran into the following issue. Never had any problem before. C: Drive D: Drive System System showed 14% fragmented and it would...
  8. Disk Defragmenter is crazy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Defragmenter is crazy: Hi Microsoft, I use a HDD drive in my laptop and I recently ran a defragment operation to speed things up (Windows recommended this operation, too). Websites said that some people got another 20GB of storage after doing the operation, so I thought this would kill two birds...
  9. Windows 10 Hard disk defragmentation problem !

Windows 10 Hard disk defragmentation problem !: Hello, I have a problem with the hard disk defragmentation in windows 10. After optimizing the C partition, it says 3% fragmented, not 0%, which I assume not to be normal. I tried again, but it still showed 3%. I searched the problem on google, and here's what I tried : 1....
  10. Disk defragmenter stuck

Disk defragmenter stuck: My disk defragmenter stuck on pass 1:55 relocated After a few minute,it reoptimize again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defragmenter-stuck/3c86ae80-939d-4aa9-89ed-1ba8f96e7550"