Windows 10: Is this email legit?

Discus and support Is this email legit? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am receiving emails fro *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, requesting to update or else my account will be closed, is this legitimate?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PattySmith2, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Is this email legit?

I am receiving emails fro *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, requesting to update or else my account will be closed, is this legitimate?

:)

PattySmith2, Apr 11, 2021

2. IS THIS EMAIL A LEGIT EMAIL?

What header? , oh and another question isnt *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a legit email or what.

Aaron Zamora, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Witchmann Win User
    IS THIS EMAIL A LEGIT EMAIL?

It's hard to say. Might be legit then again it could be scammers trying to get your info. You have 9,999+ emails in your inbox !!??

Witchmann, Apr 11, 2021
  4. SP1232 Win User

Is this email legit?

Windows 10 Confirmation Email? Legit or not?

I checked my email, which I don't do often. Apparently a while back I received an email from

"Windows" with the subject "Congratulations on reserving your free upgrade to Windows 10"

The email that it was sent from was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but checking the source it was sent from mta28.email.microsoftemail.com from the ip 66.231.92.214, not sure if they spoofed a microsoft.com email or if its legit.

Is this a legit email regarding confirmation for reservation of Windows 10? I've never seen the Microsoftemail.com domain before. I didn't click any of the links in the email itself, but all the links linked to a microsoftemail.com link.

Usually an email from Microsoft will be marked as "trusted sender" this one was not.

EDIT: Looking it up some more, the IP address is owned by "Exact Target" and the domain by "MarkMonitor Inc." it appears they're legit companies that Microsoft uses?

SP1232, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Is this email legit?

1. Is this email legit? - Similar Threads - email legit

2. Is an email from Brenda rogers legit saying thanks for order for microsoft defender

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is an email from Brenda rogers legit saying thanks for order for microsoft defender: Microsoft defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-an-email-from-brenda-rogers-legit-saying-thanks/b3ce3781-79d6-469d-8573-e438c239eadd
  3. Is an email from Brenda rogers legit saying thanks for order for microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is an email from Brenda rogers legit saying thanks for order for microsoft defender: Microsoft defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-an-email-from-brenda-rogers-legit-saying-thanks/b3ce3781-79d6-469d-8573-e438c239eadd
  4. Is an email from Brenda rogers legit saying thanks for order for microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Updates to our terms of use email, scam or legit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates to our terms of use email, scam or legit?: A family member received this email today:Your Services Agreement made clearerYou’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our...
  6. Updates to our terms of use email, scam or legit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates to our terms of use email, scam or legit?: A family member received this email today:Your Services Agreement made clearerYou’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our...
  7. Updates to our terms of use email, scam or legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: HiIs this a legit email address? I received a message from my e-commerce customer that someone complained about us selling non-genuine windows 10 software which is incorrect. We couldn't get the genuine software since Dec/2022 and we been selling recovery...
  9. Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: HiIs this a legit email address? I received a message from my e-commerce customer that someone complained about us selling non-genuine windows 10 software which is incorrect. We couldn't get the genuine software since Dec/2022 and we been selling recovery...
  10. Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation