Windows 10: Is this false CHKDSK reporting?

Discus and support Is this false CHKDSK reporting? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all - I open an administrative command window on W10 Pro and type chkdsk c: /F /V so that chkdsk can run on the boot volume upon restart. Drive C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Compumind, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Is this false CHKDSK reporting?

Hi all -

I open an administrative command window on W10 Pro and type chkdsk c: /F /V so that chkdsk can run on the boot volume upon restart. Drive C: is an SSD.
    Upon reboot, chkdsk is invoked and I notice this:

Is this false CHKDSK reporting? [​IMG]

Note the bottom line in the picture - Scanning and Repairing Drive.

Interestingly, none of my other SSD/Disk tools pick up any problem. I'm able to replicate this again and again. Can you?

I don't see any "verbose" output, unless I just run chkdsk /V or chkdsk c: /scan in a administrative command window.
    The output there is perfectly clean.

Is this a false positive - that is, the filesystem is just fine? Or is there a "bug" in the way W10 is reporting chkdsk upon boot, unmounted.

Please check and let me know.

Many thanks.

*Confused

:)

Compumind, Jan 3, 2019
  2. xCleggy Win User

False Reports...

Me and my friends keep getting false reported by somebody but i don't know how to report it to someone working for xbox, could you help me please...

xCleggy, Jan 3, 2019
  3. rivre Win User
    chkdsk report cut off mid-way?

Any reason chkdsk cut off mid-way through the report? Is this normal when there's lots of corrupted files? Whats the point of a report if it's cut off mid-way? It starts listing the files one by one then cuts off mid-way through the list.

rivre, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Is this false CHKDSK reporting? - Similar Threads - false CHKDSK reporting

2. How to report FALSE Positive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to report FALSE Positive ?: I have my own application created by me which created 10 year ago, been using it with no issue.but recently Microsoft Defender trigger it as Trojon which is FALSE POSITIVE but as personal MS user, i don't seem like able to FIND way to report FALSE positive.I know i can...
  3. How to report FALSE Positive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to report FALSE Positive ?: I have my own application created by me which created 10 year ago, been using it with no issue.but recently Microsoft Defender trigger it as Trojon which is FALSE POSITIVE but as personal MS user, i don't seem like able to FIND way to report FALSE positive.I know i can...
  4. MS safety scanner reporting false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS safety scanner reporting false positive?: Every week or so I run the MS Safety Scanner. It always finds the following:virtool:win32?defender/tamper restore. What seems to be really odd is no other security software finds this item. I have installed McAfee Total protection, SuperAnti Spyware, and MalwareBytes. McAfee...
  5. MS safety scanner reporting false positive?

MS safety scanner reporting false positive?: Every week or so I run the MS Safety Scanner. It always finds the following:virtool:win32?defender/tamper restore. What seems to be really odd is no other security software finds this item. I have installed McAfee Total protection, SuperAnti Spyware, and MalwareBytes. McAfee...
  6. chkdsk report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    chkdsk report: hey so i ran a chkdsk and thn i searched for the logs so can u tell me is there any problem or not by seeing the logs:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Windows Error Reporting Date: 18-12-2021 15:31:22 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User:...
  7. chkdsk report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk report: hey so i ran a chkdsk and thn i searched for the logs so can u tell me is there any problem or not by seeing the logs:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Windows Error Reporting Date: 18-12-2021 15:31:22 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User:...
  8. chkdsk report

9. False Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False Report: I'm a clean gamer but for some reason, i got a message from xbox saying that my account has been banned this is the message: Notice of enforcement action: For more information, check the email associated with your Xbox Live account, or visit enforcement.xbox.com. Right...
  10. CHKDSK Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK Report: Can you explain me the chkdsk results of my HDD? What is the condition of my hard drive? Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. A disk check has been scheduled. Windows will now check the disk. Stage 1: Examining basic...