Windows 10: Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

Discus and support Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Violet Guile, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if these folders are safe to delete ?In the program data folder i have one called Package cache that has quite a few files in, would it be safe to delete this as its a cache folder ? Any help will be grateful thank you

:)

Violet Guile, Feb 24, 2023
  2. Callender Win User

Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?

As far as I can work out you should not have access to that folder. Mine is 35.2 Mb in size.

You can try:

• Stop Windows Font Cache service in services.msc.
    • Run C-Cleaner System / Font Cache option.
    • Start Windows Font Cache service again.

Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache 292989d1597493474t-huge-font-cache-folder-safe-delete-ccleaner.jpg

If you took ownership of that folder or other system folders then you'd best figure out how to restore original permissions.

Callender, Feb 24, 2023
  3. archz2 Win User
    Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?

I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). While doing analysis for huge folders and files in C drive I came across font cache folder. It is occupying a whopping 11.7 GB space.

Can I safely delete this folder without causing any trouble?

Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache 292986d1597492107t-huge-font-cache-folder-safe-delete-image.png

archz2, Feb 24, 2023
  4. Jan Del Win User

Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

Windows Store Broken - Windows Store cache may be damaged

Hi,

Since you already run wsreset.exe, We suggest clearing/deleting the local cache by following these steps:

• Run Command.
    • Click Users.
    • Select the username that you're using to login on the computer.
    • Click AppData.
    • Select Local.
    • Click on Packages.
    • Select on Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    • Click on LocalCache.
    • Delete all files and folders.
    • After you have deleted cache try to open Windows App Store again.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 24, 2023
Thema:

Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

1. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache - Similar Threads - folder safe delete

2. Duplicate folder Package Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate folder Package Cache: Hello,Even though they take space, I understood I shouldn't delete this folder.However, I have to folders with the same name and size:c:\Users\All Users\Package CacheC:\ProgramData\Package CacheWhy do I have two? Can I delete one of them is one of them unnecessary?...
  3. Duplicate folder Package Cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate folder Package Cache: Hello,Even though they take space, I understood I shouldn't delete this folder.However, I have to folders with the same name and size:c:\Users\All Users\Package CacheC:\ProgramData\Package CacheWhy do I have two? Can I delete one of them is one of them unnecessary?...
  4. Duplicate folder Package Cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache: Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if...
  6. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache: Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if...
  7. What is C:\ProgramData\Package Cache? Can it be deleted?

What is C:\ProgramData\Package Cache? Can it be deleted?: I need to free up some space on my hard drive, and I see that this folder is taking up 8GB. Every discussion that I've found says that it is related to Visual Studio, but I've never installed VS, so it can't be that. What is it? If contents are deleted and are later needed...
  8. Is it safe to delete files in c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution

Is it safe to delete files in c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution: Hi, Need some technical help and advise, is it safe to delete files both in "c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution"? Will it post any technical problem after deletion? Example Windows OS corrupted?...
  9. Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?: I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). While doing analysis for huge folders and files in C drive I came across font cache folder. It is occupying a whopping 11.7 GB space. Can I safely delete this folder without causing any trouble? [img] 162569
  10. Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?: I ran a CCleaner scan this morning and there is a 30 gig file that I sure am not using. Heres a snip of it: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-cache-file-is-it-safe-to-delete/13bde00b-43ed-44cb-972e-80ff3e1eb449