Windows 10: Is this for real??

Discus and support Is this for real?? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; That simply is not true. You'll get Windows 10 pre-installed when you buy a new computer, or you can buy it for your own build with $100. Compare... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ICIT2LOL, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Is this for real??

to b e honest i stopped looking at their pricing years ago when office was over 200 for the standalone. i got a discounted copy from a store going out of business. glad to see that it looks like microsoft was forced to lower their prices.

xXWhackerXx, Nov 10, 2017
  2. cereberus Win User

They have not lowered prices directly but the market is much bigger than 20 years ago, and allowing for inflation, prices are much cheaper. Your argument is like keeping an old car as a runaround to local shops. Sure it will be ok, but take it on along journey at high speed.....

If a 20yr old version suits your needs, fine but do not compare oranges and bananas.

The MS lease deal is good value to keep up to five users on latest version and a lot of cloud space. Hell most cloud services would cost more for 5TB (or even 1TB) without any software included.

cereberus, Nov 10, 2017
  3. lol, if you think Microsoft software is expensive I have one word for you, Adobe. *Wink

alphanumeric, Nov 10, 2017
  4. Is this for real??

I own a 2000 Acura 3.2TL with 108,000 miles on it and it will still get up to 130MPH , I had no problems Driving it to Arizona is 48 Hours.

Josey Wales, Nov 10, 2017
  5. dude the price has come down period from what it use to be regardless of version number. i'm personally on office 16.

xXWhackerXx, Nov 10, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Price: $0 *Wink

Is this for real?? [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 11, 2017
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Look I am going to mark my thread as solved but before I go I wanted to say that I was very disappointed with some of the comments that were made about my post which was meant to be a simple query and I am left wondering if some are inferring that I am a stirrer and don't know what I am talking about. Well I admit I might not be as clever as most even not coming close but I think a little more diplomacy would not have gone astray in this instance.

However I want to thank those who did explain things to me in a positive manner I do appreciate it.

ICIT2LOL, Nov 11, 2017
  8. Kari Win User

Is this for real??

I just had to read this thread through one more time, especially posts which were direct replies to your posts or commenting them. I didn't find anything that was impolite, rude, criticizing you or something that should "disappoint" you in any possible way. That is, assuming that you do not mean with being disappointed that you did not get replies you were expecting for.

Talking about my posts, I simply pointed out that post you referred to on Macrium forums was fake news, nothing to be worried for, and that you've got the Office subscription model wrong; although subscribing is dirt cheap and practical with a lot of benefits, there still is and will be an option to simply buy a one time license. Subscription is just an option, not the only option.

For future reference, could you please PM me instructions for how to reply to your posts without making you disappointed, how you expect to be replied and corrected if wrong?

9. CountMike New Member
    Anyway, what would be so bad about subscription model ? Most of us would never be able to own a house/apartment, car or any major appliance if we had to pay everything in one shot without taking on a mortgage or bank loan. For longest time I payed car insurance like that, 12 postdated cheques took care of that. Now with electronic banking it's even easier and budget friendly. Whole world, including largest and richest countries work like that.

CountMike, Nov 11, 2017
  10. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Well I will keep it as short as I can and say that I was just disappointed with such comments as BS, cow excrement not to mention what I took to be inferences by some replies to this post that I was some sort of nit wit stirrer and unnecessary stuff like that.
    I might add that I shall not be posting anything like that again in this or the 7 forum which I have been a member as most will know for many years and I shall just stick to problems that affect myself and my machines.
    I don't pretend to be anything more than semi literate with computers but all the same I don't need to be replied to in that fashion either even though I might have been reading that article in perhaps the wrong way about that topic that or may not have had any substance.

ICIT2LOL, Nov 11, 2017
  11. For what its worth my comments were directed at the person posting in the link you provided. Not at you specifically. My apologies if you thought I was pointing my comments directly at you.

alphanumeric, Nov 11, 2017
  12. Kari Win User
    As were mine.

@ICIT2LOL, how on earth can you take all this so wrong? After posting this I will unsubscribe, not wanting to continue this discussion anymore. However, I want to make a last effort in explaining this to you.

You asked if that post on Macrium forums is for real. I answered that question, told my opinion that the post is total garbage, complete BS. The BS reference in my post was clearly not referring to you or the fact that you posted asking if it is real. Instead, it referred to that post in Macrium forums.

You had right to ask that question, but in all honesty if you do not tolerate other than politically correct replies you should add a note in posts like that informing us fellow members that you expect us only to use language that you have pre-approved. Using an expression like BS is not against forum rules.

I still can't find any better words to describe that post on Macrium forums than garbage and BS. I am sorry if that makes you disappointed. I am sorry that I hurt your feelings by telling my sincere and honest opinion, answering your question as honestly as I could. What a bad thing to do it was, what a bad person I am! Sorry.

With that attitude of yours, I really recommend that you make it absolutely clear to us fellow members how you expect us to answer your questions. You could for instance start a thread in Chillout and outline the rules we should follow and obey when replying to you. You could title it simply "When replying to me, please follow these rules".

Personally I will promise that in the future I will not reply to your posts before I've sent a draft of my intended reply to you as a PM to ask your acceptance, and only post it when you have given your OK.

For Flying Spagetti Monster's sake, think!

13. Is this for real??

Hi,
    All I can say is I've reinstalled office 2007 many times and on at least 5 different computers
    Not to mention a couple of reinstalling/ reactivating on those computers plus installing and reinstalling on 2 different win-10 installs.
    The small business version I bought through MS was indeed not cheap
    I got it as soon as it was released
    Actually bought office 2003 but MS just released office 2007 and I called them and said I wanted the newer version
    It was pretty smooth process they didn't even want the 2003 disk set back it was never installed.
    I believe the 2007 small business version was about 450.us
    But it can be installed on many computers I just don't know how many *Smile

So not sure what's up with your office activating problem *Sad
    I always love the terms MS uses they create confusion trying to use plain English *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Nov 11, 2017
  14. essenbe Win User
    John, no one in this thread, that I have seen, has made any reference to you. All replies I have read were talking about the poster on the Macrium Forums. His comments were Speculation at best, pure garbage and trolling at worst. You obviously misunderstood the replies. They made no reference to you or your question.

essenbe, Nov 11, 2017
  15. clam1952 Win User
    Nothing wrong with seeking clarification over something you don't know is genuine or not, especially with the amount of false or misleading information found on the web these days. As others have said none of the negative comments were or even appeared to directed at you.

clam1952, Nov 11, 2017
Thema:

Is this for real??

1. Is this for real?? - Similar Threads - real

2. LATENCY PROBLEMS-REAL TIME AUDIO HANDLING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LATENCY PROBLEMS-REAL TIME AUDIO HANDLING: I just bought a new MSI KATANA 17,3 laptop, 64 bit system, x64 based i7 13620H cpu 2.4 ghz, 16 gb ram, 1 tb hd running win 11.NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4060 8GB. Despite being powerful enough It can't process real time audio. I have tried every optimization possible. I use VIRTUAL...
  3. LATENCY PROBLEMS-REAL TIME AUDIO HANDLING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LATENCY PROBLEMS-REAL TIME AUDIO HANDLING: I just bought a new MSI KATANA 17,3 laptop, 64 bit system, x64 based i7 13620H cpu 2.4 ghz, 16 gb ram, 1 tb hd running win 11.NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4060 8GB. Despite being powerful enough It can't process real time audio. I have tried every optimization possible. I use VIRTUAL...
  4. Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation: This happens sometimes when I close a game and sometimes happens in the middle of a game. The system just shuts down and reboots by itself sort of like a restart, I checked the event viewer and this what it gives meif that helps, someone please tell me what is...
  5. Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation

Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation: This happens sometimes when I close a game and sometimes happens in the middle of a game. The system just shuts down and reboots by itself sort of like a restart, I checked the event viewer and this what it gives meif that helps, someone please tell me what is...
  6. Are these apps for real?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these apps for real?: https://apps.microsoft.com/search/publisher?name=Roberto+Baruffa+-+Pro&hl=en-us&gl=US$100 each all his apps.Somebody's up to some funny business.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-these-apps-for-real/372f74b4-c656-4be8-84c1-ad06714c1f56
  7. Are these apps for real?

Are these apps for real?: https://apps.microsoft.com/search/publisher?name=Roberto+Baruffa+-+Pro&hl=en-us&gl=US$100 each all his apps.Somebody's up to some funny business.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-these-apps-for-real/372f74b4-c656-4be8-84c1-ad06714c1f56
  8. Are these apps for real?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Why can't I disable real time protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I disable real time protection?: I'm trying to disable real-time protection, but I can't do that until I disable tamper protection, and it doesn't allow me to do that even though I'm the administrator.I tried gpedit, regedit, safe mode, cmd, and PowerShell but nothing worked....
  10. Why can't I disable real time protection?

Why can't I disable real time protection?: I'm trying to disable real-time protection, but I can't do that until I disable tamper protection, and it doesn't allow me to do that even though I'm the administrator.I tried gpedit, regedit, safe mode, cmd, and PowerShell but nothing worked....