Windows 10: Is this i virus i'm not sure. My cpu spikes up to 100% randomly.

Discus and support Is this i virus i'm not sure. My cpu spikes up to 100% randomly. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. recently like two days ago i've been getting these random spikes on my computer. They lasts for around 5 minutes then go away. They come at random.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by danpoonie00, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Is this i virus i'm not sure. My cpu spikes up to 100% randomly.

Hi. recently like two days ago i've been getting these random spikes on my computer. They lasts for around 5 minutes then go away. They come at random. When i go into task manager it says it's being used 100% but some apps that shouldn't be using that much. I have a intel core i7 7700K so i'm not sure whats happening. I have windows 10 OS build 18362, 476
    Is this i virus i'm not sure. My cpu spikes up to 100% randomly. [​IMG]

:)

danpoonie00, Dec 6, 2019

2. CPU spiking to 100% in windows 10

I am having a similar problem. Every 60 seconds the CPU usage spikes due to Windows Explorer. The system freezes for a few seconds and then continues. Sometimes windows close.

I have started in Safe Mode and also a Clean Boot but the problem persists. I tried the system maintenance, as suggested, with no luck. I'm not sure what else to try.

LarryEhnert, Dec 6, 2019
  3. jkforde Win User
    jkforde, Dec 6, 2019
  4. jkforde Win User

Is this i virus i'm not sure. My cpu spikes up to 100% randomly.

E51 300.34.56 - CPU spiking

Thanks for the reply. I had no spiking problem with the previous firmware v200.34.36 using the same settings, configuration and 3rd party apps. The only thing I suspect is that this firmware comes with the Search function bundled with it so maybe it is
    causing the 100% CPU spikes... I have turned off everything possible in that Search app but the spikes are still occuring.

jkforde, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Is this i virus i'm not sure. My cpu spikes up to 100% randomly.

1. Is this i virus i'm not sure. My cpu spikes up to 100% randomly. - Similar Threads - virus i'm sure

2. My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.: I have a problem with my desktop computer. The thing is that yesterday I changed my graphics card from rtx 2060 to gtx 1650 and after uninstalling the drivers with the help of ddu and pulling out the 2060 graphics, my computer could not turn on when it had 1650 in it, or...
  3. My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.: I have a problem with my desktop computer. The thing is that yesterday I changed my graphics card from rtx 2060 to gtx 1650 and after uninstalling the drivers with the help of ddu and pulling out the 2060 graphics, my computer could not turn on when it had 1650 in it, or...
  4. My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is it normal for SysMain to randomly spike up to 20% CPU usage?

Is it normal for SysMain to randomly spike up to 20% CPU usage?: Every so often, SysMain's CPU usage spikes up to usually between 10% and 20%. I only just caught wind of this and I'm not too sure if this should be happening. I noticed it happens a lot when I'm playing games like Minecraft Java Edition, enclosed is a screenshot.I have heard...
  6. 100% CPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage spike: Hi my computer was working fine last night no issues then this morning I power on and suddenly it stuck at 100% CPU usage and it's all windows processes that seem to be occuping the usage. I have done a reset and removed everything and still same issue I don't think there was...
  7. Disk Usage randomly started spiking to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Usage randomly started spiking to 100%: Hi guys! Really searching for a solution as I’ve tried a lot of things. I’ve had my gaming rig for years and never experienced any problems. This week however, the disk issue started. Every time I load up any game, my disk usage goes to 100% for approximately 30-45 seconds...
  8. Random 100% HDD read spikes

Random 100% HDD read spikes: Hi, I'm experiencing system wide stuttering due to secondary disk usage. My primary disk is SSD. Stuttering completelety freezes PC for 1-3 seconds. I've tried using Process Monitor from Sysinternals but did not found any process writing or reading from HDD during that...
  9. Windows 10 100% cpu spike

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 100% cpu spike: Hello guys I have a problem with windows 10, sometimes I get a 1sec or smth like that 100% cpu spike and it kinda feels when i watch a movie/ play a game/etc . I don't know what to do because I cant even find the process, all its to fast and random 11980
  10. CPU 100% spikes - freezing the laptop - WIN10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU 100% spikes - freezing the laptop - WIN10: Hello, In the last month or so, I've been getting maximum CPU spikes to 100%, completely freezing the laptop on couple of seconds. This occurs pretty much each time the laptop is used for very basic stuff, music video on youtube + few extra tabs and thats pretty much it, not...