Windows 10: Is this legitimate?

Discus and support Is this legitimate? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am not a surface customer and I got this email. Is this legit? Subject: Microsoft Extended Service Contract/Registration Confirmation_ 70-NVF64 |... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KateCop, Sep 23, 2019.

1. KateCop Win User

Is this legitimate?

I am not a surface customer and I got this email. Is this legit?

Subject: Microsoft Extended Service Contract/Registration Confirmation_ 70-NVF64 | UIN3862
    Date: xxxx
    From: Bulk Warranty Registration Alias <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>
    To: xxxx
    CC: Bulk Warranty Registration Alias <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

Dear Microsoft Surface Customer,

The registration of your device(s) is complete. If you would like to check your service contract status at the Surface Support for Business portal, click this link, https://mybusinessservice.surface.com then select Confirm your Device Serial Number/Check Service Contract, and enter your Surface serial number(s) (listed below).

Serial Number(s):

xxxx

Thank you,

Microsoft Commercial Service Contract Team

:)

KateCop, Sep 23, 2019
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Sep 23, 2019
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 23, 2019
  4. PJLLB Win User

Is this legitimate?

How do I upgrade from non-legitimate Win7 to legit Win10?

If you've reverted back to Windows 7 then you should be able to see all of the current drivers and the hardware components by brand that they support. Catalogue the list of hardware, install Windows 10, and then find the correct drivers on the manufacturers' web sites.

It's interesting you say "All drivers are missing or not working" because if Windows 10 booted then some of them are present and working (although perhaps generic), enough to boot. Additional hardware drivers could then be loaded as I suggested -- using the hardware descriptions you can get from the Windows 7 device manager.

My only speculation on why the upgrade from Windows 7 failed is that it was not a "legitimate" copy.

PJLLB, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Is this legitimate?

1. Is this legitimate? - Similar Threads - legitimate

2. Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?: I made a forum post regarding my Outlook account security a few days ago and had a case opened by Microsoft. I received the case ID in my messages, and was waiting for a phone call, but missed it once on Thursday morning. I messaged a member for support to see when I could...
  3. I have a legitimate windows 10 product key, but I can't activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a legitimate windows 10 product key, but I can't activate.: I got a windows 10 key from an old computer that I bought new. Whenever I try to use it on my new computer, I always get the same message, "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050". I don't know...
  4. Is a "Microsoft account problem" popup legitimate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is a "Microsoft account problem" popup legitimate?: [https://imgur.com/69CvG1P] A week ago, this popup appeared on the notification panel (righthand side) on my laptop. I clicked it and it took me to "Accounts" in the Settings with the messge "Some of your accounts require attention," and below that a "FIX NOW" button....
  5. would like to get legitimate version of windows 10 for my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    would like to get legitimate version of windows 10 for my PC: I would like to get a legitimate version of windows 10 for my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-like-to-get-legitimate-version-of-windows-10/35cffdaf-1f12-4c8e-b430-3f721e09e0bf
  6. Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?

Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?: Yesterday I started getting this popup below, again and again. Is this actually from Microsoft or is it malware? I am suspicious because it has no option to exit without taking action. I have now found a way in Settings to pause updates for seven days. If I keep...
  7. I activated Windows with a legitimate key but after a while the watermark came back. When I...

I activated Windows with a legitimate key but after a while the watermark came back. When I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Twishty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idg5pd/i_activated_windows_with_a_legitimate_key_but/
  8. Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using...

Will changing the product key into a legitimate one change the "Windows is activated using...: I got my new laptop but upon running command prompt, it's saying that my laptop is activated by KMS. Will changing my product key do any? submitted by /u/-bellyflop- [link] [comments]...
  9. Is this a legitimate MS pop-up window?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is this a legitimate MS pop-up window?: For the last few days a pop-up window had been appearing in the lower right hand corner of my screen and stays there no matter what is running behind it. My question is: is this really from MS? And does it have anything to do with upgrade 2004? (Current ver = 1903) I question...
  10. Is this bios update legitimate or a virus of some form?

Is this bios update legitimate or a virus of some form?: Is this legitimate? I just purchased a new computer and it randomly started to slow down. It restarted with an update and it seems to have lost speed. Will allowing this update solve this problem? [IMG]...