Windows 10: Is this much memory being used normal for firing up EDGE?

Discus and support Is this much memory being used normal for firing up EDGE? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'll check and let you know. Wow! Thats weird Axe0, Task Manager shows a completly different story.. Task Manager shows Cyberfox burning up the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Probe, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Probe Win User

Is this much memory being used normal for firing up EDGE?

I'll check and let you know. Wow! Thats weird Axe0, Task Manager shows a completly different story..

Task Manager shows Cyberfox burning up the memory now instead of Edge. I cleared cookies and cash on Edge and went back to the Motortrends website and below is what I got. So System Explorer and Task Manager are not agreeing with each other from what I can tell....

Is this much memory being used normal for firing up EDGE? [​IMG]

Maybe all this is normal? I have read here at the forum, and other forums that memory is meant to be used completely, so maybe this is normal. My CPU at 99% though, I hope that is normal too.

Probe, Jul 26, 2016
  2. axe0 New Member

Taskmanager I find is the best to check memory, CPU & disk usage *Smile

What that program showed is not normal, but at least you know that Edge isn't using that much as that program shows *Smile

3. f14tomcat Win User
    I hate to mention the obvious, but Shutup10 may be in a P*&^%ing contest with the OS. Try telling Shutup10 to shut up (turn it completely off) and see what happens.

f14tomcat, Jul 26, 2016
  4. Probe Win User

Sorry for not getting back to this thread in a while. I thought of the same thing Tomcat. Shutup 10 shutting things down that Windows 10 doesn't want shut down, causing a big fight.

Lately though, even with Shutup 10 running, things have quieted down. I have Edge on MSN website with a video playing and Cyberfox with 3 tabs open and TBird running and memory is hovering around 175,000, which I can certainly live with. So maybe it was Edge updating itself or something, not sure. Just glad its quieted down.

@axe0
    I agree, I think Task Manager is the most accurate. I may just get rid of System Explorer, since I don't use all the other functions on it anyway, just the processes, which I can do from Task Manager. Plus, System Explorer itself puts a slight load on memory when its running too.

Probe, Aug 6, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Glad to hear things have quieted down. Maybe the AE update helped a bit.....

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is this much memory being used normal for firing up EDGE? - Similar Threads - much memory being

2. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Memory Being Used: My HD is being consumed by Apps & features, it is using 433 GB out of 460 GB total, but I might only have 30 GB worth of applications,I've read the space is used by hidden files recovery & shadow copies, I have tried Disk Cleanup with the more option/System Restore and Shadow...
  3. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden Memory Being Used: My HD is being consumed by Apps & features, it is using 433 GB out of 460 GB total, but I might only have 30 GB worth of applications,I've read the space is used by hidden files recovery & shadow copies, I have tried Disk Cleanup with the more option/System Restore and Shadow...
  4. Too much storage being used.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much storage being used.: I tried watching youtube videos to see how to clear it out, I tried all those steps, but it really didn't solve the problem. When I go to the storage section in settings, it says that apps are using 129 GB. I tried to sort it out by size but there was nothing that was bigger...
  5. Too much storage being used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much storage being used.: I tried watching youtube videos to see how to clear it out, I tried all those steps, but it really didn't solve the problem. When I go to the storage section in settings, it says that apps are using 129 GB. I tried to sort it out by size but there was nothing that was bigger...
  6. Too much storage being used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows uses too much memory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows uses too much memory?: Using task manager i see that my user is using 1.8 GB. But my computer is using 5.6 GB in total. I tried to check for memory leaks but I didn't find any. Is it normal? Like is this how windows is supposed to work? Cause it gives me some trouble when I am trying to use...
  8. Is this much memory usage normal or is there something wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this much memory usage normal or is there something wrong?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/treeclapper084 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgqfdd/is_this_much_memory_usage_normal_or_is_there/
  9. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...
  10. memory being eaten up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory being eaten up: Hi there! I have a HP 124BS153OD windows 10 laptop. It is a cute little laptop with very very little memory, {57GB}, so every little bit is important. It does what I want it to do, and I am happy with it. My concern is that something is eating away at what little...