Windows 10: Is this my final Windows 10 license key?

Discus and support Is this my final Windows 10 license key? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've removed the Windows 10 insider preview installation I had, and gone back to Windows 7. The preview I was running was a direct upgrade installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delicieuxz, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Delicieuxz Win User

Is this my final Windows 10 license key?

I've removed the Windows 10 insider preview installation I had, and gone back to Windows 7. The preview I was running was a direct upgrade installation from Windows 7, and the Win 10 installation was listed as Activated in OS system details.

Since going back to a fresh installation of Windows 7, and after installing all updates, I no longer receive an upgrade reservation notification for Windows 10.

Would that be because my Windows 7 key is already identified as having received the free Windows 10 upgrade? And is this key, captured from Windows 10 insider preview 4 days ago, my official Windows 10 license key, including for the official release?

Is this my final Windows 10 license key? [​IMG]

It is a different key than the one I have for Windows 7.

:)

Delicieuxz, Jul 24, 2015
  2. skypejrs Win User

I'm removing Dell software from PC. Would any files/programs with Dell as part of the name cause me operating system problems i.e Dellprof, Dell Audio

Thank you for your reply.

Clean install may be my final answer. Will I lose my Windows 10 license if I do it?

skypejrs, Jul 24, 2015
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP) Win User
    WIndows 10 upgrade activation for previous Windows 7 Enterprise (previously licensed)

Enterprise can only be upgraded through the volume license center. You need to contact them

If you are running the Enterprise edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview, to upgrade to the final release of Windows 10 Enterprise you will need to download and activate it from

Volume Licensing Service Center
    . As a reminder, the Enterprise edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview is not eligible for the free upgrade offer and can only be upgraded to the final release of Windows 10 through an
    active Software Assurance agreement.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 24, 2015
  4. tumas04 Win User

1. Probably no. I installed windows 8.1 twice and even after i upgraded the first installation to windows 10 it asked me to reserve windows 10 during the second installation (but i had to force the "icon" to show up with the bat-file)

2. Again probably no. As far as i know there is nobody who has a unique windows 10 key. They all seem to be generic. You could google the 5 last letters/numbers and probably find it on different websites.

PS: Product-ID and Activation-Key are two different things *Wink

tumas04, Jul 24, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    The activation key is the key you use for Windows 7, 8, 8.1.

bro67, Jul 24, 2015
  6. TairikuOkami Win User
    10 installs/activates without a key and yes, keys are generic, this is mine on both machines.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is this my final Windows 10 license key? - Similar Threads - final license key

2. No valid digital license/Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No valid digital license/Product Key: Hi, Getting error code 0x803FA067 when using the Windows 10 Home Product Key to reactivate the product. I had to replace my motherboard. I tried Powershell command: (Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey which did not...
  3. Where do I find my digital license key

Where do I find my digital license key: My Surface got stuck in a loop with no way out. Had to reload Windows 10 from scratch wiping out all my software and local data. $&#(*&^@^!!!! So I want to create a recovery memory stick with an ISO file on it. I was told I need the product key or digital license. Where is...
  4. Windows 10 stating my Product key/Digital license is invalid

Windows 10 stating my Product key/Digital license is invalid: Hello, I recently upgraded my desktop computer's components and when I launched Windows 10 it booted with all my customisation and data from my drive which held windows. It then requested me to activate Windows 10 and produced the error 0x803F7001 which tells me to buy a...
  5. Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change

Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change: I recently upgraded my computers motherboard and SSD under the assumption that with a windows 10 pro digital license I'd be able to move the license to my new SSD and mobo via my windows account which it was attached to however it's telling me I have no digital license and...
  6. I have lost my license key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have lost my license key: Hi,everyone..I have a stupid question. A year ago, in march 2015, I think, I used to have Windows 10 technical preview on my laptop and I was given a key. A few months later I went back to Windows 7,and last week I decided to install Windows 10 again, but I made a clean...
  7. Is my windows 10 license bound to my windows ID?

Is my windows 10 license bound to my windows ID?: I know this has probably been asked a bunch of times, but I heard they might've changed things. Is my windows 10 license bound to my windows ID? So if I build a totally new computer and login will it activate? Or is it bound to my hardware? I'm on the anniversary update....
  8. Windows 8 license key on Windows 10

Windows 8 license key on Windows 10: I have Windows 10 on my computer. Is it possible to activate Windows 10 With an unused Windows 8.1 key? Or do i have to downgrade to Windows 8.1, activate it and then upgrade to Windows 10 again? Thanks for replying *Smile 12304
  9. Windows 10 License Key

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 License Key: After upgrading my Laptop and PC I checked for my License using Speecy and both have the same key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T Which I would assume it's a generic one. I actually tried doing a fresh install of Windows 10 after upgrading and successfully Activating it on my...
  10. Finally got my Grandmother on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Finally got my Grandmother on Windows 10: I finally got my Grandmother on Windows 10. She had Windows XP, but it was no longer supported so she moved on to Windows 7 and the Windows 7 was a borrowed machine from my cousin's boyfriend. So we told her she needed her own computer and that Windows 7 would be no longer...