Is this my final Windows 10 license key?

Discus and support Is this my final Windows 10 license key? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've removed the Windows 10 insider preview installation I had, and gone back to Windows 7. The preview I was running was a direct upgrade installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delicieuxz, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Delicieuxz Win User

I've removed the Windows 10 insider preview installation I had, and gone back to Windows 7. The preview I was running was a direct upgrade installation from Windows 7, and the Win 10 installation was listed as Activated in OS system details.

Since going back to a fresh installation of Windows 7, and after installing all updates, I no longer receive an upgrade reservation notification for Windows 10.

Would that be because my Windows 7 key is already identified as having received the free Windows 10 upgrade? And is this key, captured from Windows 10 insider preview 4 days ago, my official Windows 10 license key, including for the official release?

Is this my final Windows 10 license key? [​IMG]

It is a different key than the one I have for Windows 7.

:)

Delicieuxz, Jul 24, 2015
  2. skypejrs Win User

I'm removing Dell software from PC. Would any files/programs with Dell as part of the name cause me operating system problems i.e Dellprof, Dell Audio

Thank you for your reply.

Clean install may be my final answer. Will I lose my Windows 10 license if I do it?

skypejrs, Jul 24, 2015
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP) Win User
    WIndows 10 upgrade activation for previous Windows 7 Enterprise (previously licensed)

Enterprise can only be upgraded through the volume license center. You need to contact them

If you are running the Enterprise edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview, to upgrade to the final release of Windows 10 Enterprise you will need to download and activate it from

Volume Licensing Service Center
    . As a reminder, the Enterprise edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview is not eligible for the free upgrade offer and can only be upgraded to the final release of Windows 10 through an
    active Software Assurance agreement.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 24, 2015
  4. tumas04 Win User

1. Probably no. I installed windows 8.1 twice and even after i upgraded the first installation to windows 10 it asked me to reserve windows 10 during the second installation (but i had to force the "icon" to show up with the bat-file)

2. Again probably no. As far as i know there is nobody who has a unique windows 10 key. They all seem to be generic. You could google the 5 last letters/numbers and probably find it on different websites.

PS: Product-ID and Activation-Key are two different things *Wink

tumas04, Jul 24, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    The activation key is the key you use for Windows 7, 8, 8.1.

bro67, Jul 24, 2015
  6. TairikuOkami Win User
    10 installs/activates without a key and yes, keys are generic, this is mine on both machines.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is this my final Windows 10 license key? - Similar Threads - final license key

2. Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update: Hello, Been having an issue lately with Office 2013 VL on Windows 10 1709. To test, I just spun up a brand new VM, installed Windows 10 1709 and Office 2013. Both are activated and the 'Give me updates for other MS products... " is checked in Windows Update. I receive...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018: I updated to a new PC this summer. My old one was 32 bit and my new one is 64. I have the latest updates installed. Ever since changing over, the snooze feature does not work in the Calendar app. The reminder appears and if I snooze it for any length of time, it never shows...
  4. i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc: hello guys i want to create a new user for my kids https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-want-to-add-a-new-user-for-my-kids-in-the-pc/49651e3b-78c9-4351-8a2e-2abb8ec0e92a
  5. Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.: Hi.....somehow I lost my original start page menu layout. I can access everything as before, but the layout is different and I have to click on more buttons etc. Is there a way I can get the original layout without doing a computer restore and having to 'customize' things...
  6. Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?: I have tried 10 times by now and it always gets stuck at 75%. What happens at 75%? I would like to know! While looking for a solution I have only come across a million other posts regarding issues with update 1803. This makes me think nobody actually has been able to...
  7. Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10)

Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10): I recently replaced my dead m.2 ssd with a Samsung 860 evo 1tb and since then I have gotten the error code 0x80080005 when trying to update/download anything from windows. Even after multiple ssd formats and clean installs the error code persists which is pretty strange. I...
  8. Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic

Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic: My company is using Windows 10 workstations for print servers and are constantly receiving Windows 10 updates. We are finding that after remotely or in person, logging into the workstation as Administrator, Windows 10 Enterprise will start doing an update. In some cases we...
  9. help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.: here is the dilemma, happen after a lighting strike it was worse before but this is what is subsided to [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/help-this-is-what-my-screen-looks-like-from-my/f168d730-0e22-40d0-9986-3d96f7e8950a
  10. Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10: This question has been asked for over 4 years and there is still no permanent solution from Microsoft. Re-launching google chrome can solve the issue, but it comes back soon. Uninstall/re-install google chrome also works, but the issue comes back. Turning off hardware...