Windows 10: Is this my final Windows 10 license key?

Discus and support Is this my final Windows 10 license key? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've removed the Windows 10 insider preview installation I had, and gone back to Windows 7. The preview I was running was a direct upgrade installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delicieuxz, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Is this my final Windows 10 license key?

I've removed the Windows 10 insider preview installation I had, and gone back to Windows 7. The preview I was running was a direct upgrade installation from Windows 7, and the Win 10 installation was listed as Activated in OS system details.

Since going back to a fresh installation of Windows 7, and after installing all updates, I no longer receive an upgrade reservation notification for Windows 10.

Would that be because my Windows 7 key is already identified as having received the free Windows 10 upgrade? And is this key, captured from Windows 10 insider preview 4 days ago, my official Windows 10 license key, including for the official release?

Is this my final Windows 10 license key? [​IMG]

It is a different key than the one I have for Windows 7.

:)

Delicieuxz, Jul 24, 2015
  2. skypejrs Win User

I'm removing Dell software from PC. Would any files/programs with Dell as part of the name cause me operating system problems i.e Dellprof, Dell Audio

Thank you for your reply.

Clean install may be my final answer. Will I lose my Windows 10 license if I do it?

skypejrs, Jul 24, 2015
  3. WIndows 10 upgrade activation for previous Windows 7 Enterprise (previously licensed)

Enterprise can only be upgraded through the volume license center. You need to contact them

If you are running the Enterprise edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview, to upgrade to the final release of Windows 10 Enterprise you will need to download and activate it from

Volume Licensing Service Center
    . As a reminder, the Enterprise edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview is not eligible for the free upgrade offer and can only be upgraded to the final release of Windows 10 through an
    active Software Assurance agreement.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 24, 2015
  4. tumas04 Win User

Is this my final Windows 10 license key?

1. Probably no. I installed windows 8.1 twice and even after i upgraded the first installation to windows 10 it asked me to reserve windows 10 during the second installation (but i had to force the "icon" to show up with the bat-file)

2. Again probably no. As far as i know there is nobody who has a unique windows 10 key. They all seem to be generic. You could google the 5 last letters/numbers and probably find it on different websites.

PS: Product-ID and Activation-Key are two different things *Wink

tumas04, Jul 24, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    The activation key is the key you use for Windows 7, 8, 8.1.

bro67, Jul 24, 2015
  6. 10 installs/activates without a key and yes, keys are generic, this is mine on both machines.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is this my final Windows 10 license key?

1. Is this my final Windows 10 license key? - Similar Threads - final license key

2. window 10 License key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    window 10 License key: Hi, so I've just brought a new windows 10 License key form the MS store, it states the product key will be emailed to me, I can safely say this has not happened.I have looked at the help files and it says I should be able to find the key in order history, again nothing.I have...
  3. window 10 License key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 10 License key: Hi, so I've just brought a new windows 10 License key form the MS store, it states the product key will be emailed to me, I can safely say this has not happened.I have looked at the help files and it says I should be able to find the key in order history, again nothing.I have...
  4. Windows 10 license key

Windows 10 license key: Right now I am using Ubuntu and previously I have active windows 10 so what happens when I download windows 10 iso from Microsoft and install it. Did my windows activate automatically? If yes then how?...
  5. Windows 10 license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license key: Right now I am using Ubuntu and previously I have active windows 10 so what happens when I download windows 10 iso from Microsoft and install it. Did my windows activate automatically? If yes then how?...
  6. Windows 10 license key

Windows 10 license key: Dear Microsoft team,Are Windows 10 professional license key same for 32 bit and 64 bit OS.Regards.Saravanan P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-key/03f4d127-fece-418b-9cd0-0f086190f1c6
  7. Windows 10 license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license key: Dear Microsoft team,Are Windows 10 professional license key same for 32 bit and 64 bit OS.Regards.Saravanan P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-key/03f4d127-fece-418b-9cd0-0f086190f1c6
  8. Windows 10 license key

Windows 10 license key: I had a Windows 10 PC with valid license that had the boot drive die. In doing a rebuild, I realize that I don't have the original license key anymore. Since it was registered with MS, is there a way to recover it, or am I out of luck? If out of luck what is the best way to...
  9. license key for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    license key for windows 10: The computer is asking me for the license key. How can I know if this is a truth message? Where can I found this key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-key-for-windows-10/e7b1e9f5-1459-4619-b146-574f1bc32a56
  10. Windows 10 License Key

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 License Key: After upgrading my Laptop and PC I checked for my License using Speecy and both have the same key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T Which I would assume it's a generic one. I actually tried doing a fresh install of Windows 10 after upgrading and successfully Activating it on my...