Windows 10: Is this normal? CPU has been "active" for 1month 17 hours

Discus and support Is this normal? CPU has been "active" for 1month 17 hours in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/raghw8pbijr61.png?width=506&format=png&auto=webp&s=d8b7cb52922be547e32718777dbf7d36fa84480f submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Walrus694206, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Is this normal? CPU has been "active" for 1month 17 hours

/u/Walrus694206, Apr 6, 2021

2. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Apr 6, 2021
  3. SerhiyIA Win User
    'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Is this normal? CPU has been "active" for 1month 17 hours

Installing Updates and Restarting During my Active Hours?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you as the Active Hour feature is not working as it should be.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that fix the issue.

Configuring active hours with Group Policy.

Please refer the section for Configure active hours
    and make the changes accordingly. If the PC installed with Windows 10 Pro then follow the steps under
    Configuring active hours with Group Policy and if it is
    Windows 10 Home then follow steps under Configuring active hours through Registry
    from this article: Manage device restarts after updates.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Please let us know the status of the issue,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Is this normal? CPU has been "active" for 1month 17 hours

1. Is this normal? CPU has been "active" for 1month 17 hours - Similar Threads - normal CPU has

2. 5 hours in, it’s been at 99% for a while now- normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5 hours in, it’s been at 99% for a while now- normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok_Resolution2239 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16usfgn/5_hours_in_its_been_at_99_for_a_while_now_normal/
  3. This has been going on for about 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This has been going on for about 2 hours.: It's stuck on 20% for about 2 hours. And what is this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-has-been-going-on-for-about-2-hours/4c76a954-4030-42c3-8ff5-546b08af52aa
  4. System Restore has been going for hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore has been going for hours.: I wanted to make space on the C: drive of my new laptop Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15.6 using a micro SD card as permanent storage. The laptop has a built in card reader specifically for expanding storage, so I installed a brand new 1tb card and formatted it the way my limited...
  5. I was resetting windows 10 on my pc and it has been stuck at 9% for 3 hours is this normal?

I was resetting windows 10 on my pc and it has been stuck at 9% for 3 hours is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FINLAY-UK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6fteb/i_was_resetting_windows_10_on_my_pc_and_it_has/
  6. This has been frustrating me for HOURS

This has been frustrating me for HOURS: [ATTACH] I have looked at every possible fucking solution and none of it works. I am trying to play sea of thieves from the windows store( I know big mistake there) but the fat issue is that every time I click the game I get the sea of thieves logo before it starts up then...
  7. This has been updating for an hour. Whybis it doing this?

This has been updating for an hour. Whybis it doing this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GhostyBoi666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9sger/this_has_been_updating_for_an_hour_whybis_it/
  8. It has been stuck at 86% for an hour. Is this normal?

It has been stuck at 86% for an hour. Is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hotglue0303 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiz3vw/it_has_been_stuck_at_86_for_an_hour_is_this_normal/
  9. My computer has been like this for a few hours. Is this normal and what can I do?

My computer has been like this for a few hours. Is this normal and what can I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DaLegend27k [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiq2qm/my_computer_has_been_like_this_for_a_few_hours_is/
  10. Has Cortana Been Down For Past 24 Hours?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Cortana Been Down For Past 24 Hours?: Since yesterday I've got the following every time I try to use Cortana, whether clicking the icon or talking to her; web searches are also down. Anyone else having this issue? [img] Just also noticed, Bing is down too. Perhaps that's why? 19100