Windows 10: Is this normal? It's only running between 0.55 GHz to 0.65 GHz

Discus and support Is this normal? It's only running between 0.55 GHz to 0.65 GHz in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jazper08 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jazper08, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Is this normal? It's only running between 0.55 GHz to 0.65 GHz

/u/Jazper08, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Randysea Win User

Lenovo X1 very slow on 5 GHz wifi, normal on 2.5 GHz

I have tried inSSIder and Acrylic Wifi Home.

inSSIDer reports signal strength in db. Both wifi bands are around -60 db, with the 5G band wavering between 0 and 3 db lower (weaker) than 2.5 gb. If i remember my DBs, being 3 db lower means half the strength.
    inSSIDer shows a max rate of 1300 for 5 GHz and 216 for 2.5 GHz.
    I couldn't see any way to get a text log.
    Moving to 7' from my router, I got signals in the -30 db to - 40 db range. Midway from my usual workspace is an office around 20' from the router. There I got me around 50 db.

With Acrylic, the results are in RSSI. That's relative to some TP-Link reference, I assume, since my router is a TP-link. There, my results are around -65 to -70. Again, 2.5 GHz hovers between +5 better and 0 difference. Max speed for 5 GHz is the same 1300 Mbps; for 2.5 GHz is shows as 450 GHz.

At different times, I am sometimes seeing my actual internet download speed vary from 2 Mbps to 7 Mbps on 5 GHz. The 7 Mbps is the speed I am paying for. From the 2.5 band, it has varied from 4 Mbps to 7 Mbps.

I am thinking about getting a new router. I have an AC 1750 TP-link which is only a few years old, but maybe I need something better or a mesh router.

First, I want to repeat the internet speed tests via a wired Ethernet connection. That way I will see if some of the speed variations are due to my router's wifi or the hardware my ISP installed. My rural valley has a fiber optic main line, with little radios along it. They look like white plastic milk cartons. I have a small radio on a pole that gets a signal from the nearest main line radio.

Randysea, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Help!!!! CPU operating at only 0.51 GHz

Look at the Performance tab and at the bottom click Open Resource Monitor, check if you are seeing only 1 core out of the 2, 3 or 4 on the CPU. I get different speeds depending on the core, usually waiting a bit will step through the cores.

Berton, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Is this normal? It's only running between 0.55 GHz to 0.65 GHz

GHz Running Low

Hi, a week ago I the Latitude E5440 laptop Windows 10 and I've been getting problems with performance. When I would go to task manager and click on performance, my speed would be 0.78 GHz instead of 2.60 GHz. Obviously this is way, way slower than what it
    should be and I've already tried guides on YouTube and other things. It is very hard to run programs with this problem and I'm stuck at the moment. Please help.

Hello_people, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Is this normal? It's only running between 0.55 GHz to 0.65 GHz

1. Is this normal? It's only running between 0.55 GHz to 0.65 GHz - Similar Threads - normal running between

2. How to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10: Depending upon the hardware, you can use 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in your Windows 10 computer to get a better internet speed. Here is how you can switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10. In general, if your computer has a 5 GHz adapter and your Wi-Fi...
  3. System interrupts always between 0 to 1% to 2% normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts always between 0 to 1% to 2% normal?: Is it ok that the proccess 'System Interrupts' keep oscillating between 0-1-2%? Or should it be always at 0%? submitted by /u/Sone3D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jku4yz/system_interrupts_always_between_0_to_1_to_2/
  4. 2.4 ghz vs 5.0 ghz

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2.4 ghz vs 5.0 ghz: present my HP laptop access 2.4GHZ ONLY .I WANT TO CONNECT MY 5 GHZ router how to eneble 5 GHZ in my laptop please respond if it not suports how to change my wifi adapter with 5 GHZ with company name...
  5. GHz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GHz: how do i change my wifi's GHz to 5GHz... i watched many tutorials but it did not work.. please answer this is my wifi's properties SSID: FJM2016 Protocol: Wi-Fi 4 802.11n Security type: WPA2-Personal Network band: 2.4 GHz Network channel: 11 IPv6 address:...
  6. Lenovo X1 very slow on 5 GHz wifi, normal on 2.5 GHz

Lenovo X1 very slow on 5 GHz wifi, normal on 2.5 GHz: Windows Pro 1909. I have a 7 Mbps internet connection to my local ISP. Not great, but pretty good in my rural area. No problem streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime on my TV or old laptop. I just discovered that my new X1 7th Gen (purchased 9/2019) is running at 1/5 speed wifi...
  7. GHz Running Low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GHz Running Low: Hi, a week ago I the Latitude E5440 laptop Windows 10 and I've been getting problems with performance. When I would go to task manager and click on performance, my speed would be 0.78 GHz instead of 2.60 GHz. Obviously this is way, way slower than what it should be and I've...
  8. GHz Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GHz Problem: Hi there Problem with my laptop again, I recently purchased the MSI PS63 Modern off of the Microsoft website and under tech specs it says it should go up to 4.6 GHz but it's stuck at around 1.6 GHz. I've tried switching the mode in order to increase it but it won't budge?...
  9. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ: I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-from-5-ghz-to-24-ghz/576f5c1a-1a88-4ba9-bcf6-7eb409642e62
  10. Trying to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz HELP!: Hello, i'm trying to switch between 2.4 and 5 as the title says. I have tried disabled 2.4 GHz from my routers homepage but my PC loses connection but my laptops internet remains working as it's running with 5 GHz I have a 802.11n Wireless LAN Card built into my pc bought...