Windows 10: is this normal or should i be worried ? ntoskrnl and registry?

Discus and support is this normal or should i be worried ? ntoskrnl and registry? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [ATTACH] ntoskrnl and regestiry? - - - Updated - - - bump 131509 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xaty, Apr 27, 2019.

1. xaty Win User

is this normal or should i be worried ? ntoskrnl and registry?

is this normal or should i be worried ? ntoskrnl and registry? ebaaef1e2aeb04b7ef24de2b9d54f8de.png

ntoskrnl and regestiry?

- - - Updated - - -

bump

:)

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 27, 2019
  3. 4747 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Boot problems

Hi everyone.

I've got some problems during instalation. I disabled UAC, passed the first install step, rebooted and completed install. But after consequent reboot Windows detects 'ntoskrnl' or something is corrupted.

Everything was fine on 'old' windows, but after I made a clean windows installation, everything goes this way.

Any suggestions?

4. YYZ_53 Win User

ntoskrnl problem?

I am pretty certain the issue has nothing to do with proxy settings. Let me recap the symptoms.

• after a reboot everything is "normal and functioning" except if I open resmon it shows that the ntoskrnl process is creating a new thread about every 8-10 seconds so the thread count continuously climbs,
    • in 24 hours after the reboot the thread count on the kernel reaches about 16524+ at which time the browsers can no longer open a new connection
    • at this point in time resmon shows the thread count on the kernel no longer incrementing.
    • if I do a "pslist64 4 -x" ( from PS Tools) it shows thousands of theads in the "wait:executive" state with runtime durations that decrease by about 8 seconds per line
    • if I use process explorer to check the kernel process it shows that the thousands of threads have a start address of ntoskrnl.exe+0x3dbd0
    I do not have a kernel debugger or process link map to find out which module is creating all these zombie threads.

YYZ_53, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

1. is this normal or should i be worried ? ntoskrnl and registry? - Similar Threads - normal should worried

2. is this normal or should i be worried ? ntoskrnl and regestiry?

in Windows 10 Support
    is this normal or should i be worried ? ntoskrnl and regestiry?: [ATTACH] ntoskrnl and regestiry? 131509
  3. I'm about to get 1803 -Should I be worried?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm about to get 1803 -Should I be worried?: I have read many, many problems encountered by users after 1803 was applied to their system. In fact there are web sites devoted to 'common problems after installing v1803' I can see mine will be applied when I next re-start. Should I be concerned? Your thoughts? 110574
  4. Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine?: Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine? I think it's upstairs neighbours and I don't get on with them KDL-32R433B. Which I googled and it's a Sony Smart TV. My Bluetooth has been turned on a few times without me! 37691
  5. SFC errors. Should I worry?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC errors. Should I worry?: Hi I ran sfc scan now and there were problems it could not resolve. I looked at the CBS log but it made little sense to me. However, the PC seems to running perfectly fine so should I bother addressing the SFC problems? 100591
  6. DISM RestoreHealth gives error, should I be worried?

DISM RestoreHealth gives error, should I be worried?: After updating to Creators (Win 10 ver 1703), I ran SFC /scannow from admin-level command prompt, which found no integrity violations. I then ran DISM RestoreHealth option (I don't have exact syntax memorized, I always copy/paste from Brink's tutorial), which gave an error....
  7. Should these event entries worry me?

Should these event entries worry me?: I am still seeing unexpected restarts, though not as many as prior to upgrading from 7 to 10. However the event logs around today's restart were are a bumper crop, of which some I have not seen before. I hope someone will look at what I post below and advise me, please, if...
  8. Should I delete this folder in the Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I delete this folder in the Registry: I have uninstalled Setpoint with Advanced Uninstaller but though it supposedly cleans up the Registry afterwards, it actually doesn't. While in the Registry, I typed "Setpoint" under Find and it brings me to this particular Folder. In it, I see several things regarding...
  9. Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors

in Windows 10 News
    Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors: For almost a decade AMD has yielded ground to Intel when it comes to processors, but the new Ryzen 7 chips change all that. For almost a decade AMD has yielded ground to Intel when it comes to processors, but the new Ryzen 7 chips change all that. Must read: Has AMD...
  10. Should I?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I?: So a long time ago i upgraded to Windows 10 but after a month or two it would lock up on the loading screen when starting so i wiped the HD and reinstalled the original Windows 7. I have gotten the upgrade notification again and i feel like i want to do it but i have been...