Windows 10: Is this normal? Perfmon

Discus and support Is this normal? Perfmon in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lt38lc/is_this_normal_perfmon/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PiperidinDerivat, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Is this normal? Perfmon

/u/PiperidinDerivat, Feb 26, 2021

2. PerfMon errors on program start

when I start perfmon i get the following error. Any Clues? Windows 10 home. Dell laptop Inspiron 5758 It's been a while since I ran perfmon, so don't know when this error my have started. Last time I ran perfmon (months and months ago) it ran fine.

Also, when I try to add the page file counter it does not show up in the list of counters to choose from.

see screen shots below.

Is this normal? Perfmon [​IMG]

Is this normal? Perfmon [​IMG]

warrensmith, Feb 26, 2021
  3. perfmon /report

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as the PC is facing a high average interrupts/processor. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What are troubleshooting steps that you have performed to resolve this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Method 1: Update the Display Adapter driver from device manager.

1. Press Windows + X, select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapter.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices one by one and click on Update Driver.
    4. Please restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Launch PC in Safe mode.

Please refer this
    safe mode
    article and start the PC in safe mode. If the issue persist in safe mode then perform clean boot in safe mode environment, please follow the steps mentioned in this

clean boot
    article. A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, if the issue doesn’t persist in safe mode, then try clean boot in normal mode, so that you can determine whether a background
    program is interfering and causing this issue.

Clean Boot Disclaimer: A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with
    your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

Also refer the article on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    and check if that helps.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Is this normal? Perfmon

perfmon /res hangs

When i open perfmon /res at hard drive monitoring tab and copy lots of files it hangs.

Also after i joined ntp pool at pool.ntp.org: Join the NTP Pool! perfmon /res hangs when i open network tab.

KirillFrolov, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Is this normal? Perfmon

1. Is this normal? Perfmon - Similar Threads - normal Perfmon

2. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins: Hello i have a Hp pavillion gaming laptop which has amd ryzen 5600h3.30ghz, 8 gigs of ram7.34 usable for some reason and gtx 1650 in it. it was working fine for 3 years but suddenly 3-4 days ago it started getting fps drops in almost all games. i used to play csgo 2 at...
  3. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins: Hello i have a Hp pavillion gaming laptop which has amd ryzen 5600h3.30ghz, 8 gigs of ram7.34 usable for some reason and gtx 1650 in it. it was working fine for 3 years but suddenly 3-4 days ago it started getting fps drops in almost all games. i used to play csgo 2 at...
  4. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  6. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  7. Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded...: Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded applications like Voice recorder:I Even reset my windows 10 laptop completely and nothing happened.I have tried Updating driversDownloading old driversDownloading new driversIncreasing it...
  8. Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded...: Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded applications like Voice recorder:I Even reset my windows 10 laptop completely and nothing happened.I have tried Updating driversDownloading old driversDownloading new driversIncreasing it...
  9. Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded...

10. Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode: I've been messing around with my graphics drivers on dell E6540 and after getting BSODs I decided to reset windows 10 but I'm still getting BSODs and now I can't even set-up my language and keyboard and things I tried using safe mode but I cant set it up that way either when...