Windows 10: is this odd event log for Windows 10 shutdown ?

Discus and support is this odd event log for Windows 10 shutdown ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I shutdown my machine at about 8:35pm and I get the following event log recorded at the time, is this normal ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nocturnal_complex90, Feb 8, 2020.

1. is this odd event log for Windows 10 shutdown ?

is this odd event log for Windows 10 shutdown ? VjzfBnTAfdGsn2Quj1TbkWEhGm0EMBWCFm1MIDKltaw.jpg

So I shutdown my machine at about 8:35pm and I get the following event log recorded at the time, is this normal ?

https://preview.redd.it/siobvbdoaof...bp&s=cb808f080a5ec20846deedd0e21c849334519801

I cant find anything in this system event log about machine start/restart or shutdown. What specific Event IDs I should look for ? the Task category is also displaying in numbers rather than text which I find odd too

submitted by /u/nocturnal_complex90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nocturnal_complex90, Feb 8, 2020
  2. odddray Win User

random shutdown problem in event log

im expierenceing random shutdowns when playing games but the wierd part is is that the mouse stays on and the keybaord. and when i wiggle the mouse the computer boots up.

would this weird error be an error in the the event log.
    if so what would it be under????

odddray, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Sam Vimes Win User
    How can I log processes/sevices that are causing slow shutdown?

Hi Ed.....

I took a look at the event viewer as suggested and all it showed was that the event log was stopped and that I'd started a shutdown.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Feb 8, 2020
  4. oldeboye Win User

is this odd event log for Windows 10 shutdown ?

Restart and shutdown do not function from START button

If I select restart or shutdown from the log in screen, they work. Both also work from safe mode with networking.

Nothing obvious in the event log.

Any suggestions for the next step?

oldeboye, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

is this odd event log for Windows 10 shutdown ?

1. is this odd event log for Windows 10 shutdown ? - Similar Threads - odd event log

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown everyday, no information in event log

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown everyday, no information in event log: Getting unexpected shutdown almost everyday and cannot debug how to fix, here are the attachments:Got all my hardware re-checked from local hardware vendorPlease help further diagnose and check for solutions:My Windows Specifications:...
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown everyday, no information in event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown everyday, no information in event log: Getting unexpected shutdown almost everyday and cannot debug how to fix, here are the attachments:Got all my hardware re-checked from local hardware vendorPlease help further diagnose and check for solutions:My Windows Specifications:...
  4. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown everyday, no information in event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs: Hi, I had a question regarding the logistics of Windows Event Log. I'm trying to build a service that depends on time, and am trying to use Windows Event Log's timestamps for specific events, mainly power-related events such as Restart/Shutdown/Dirty Shutdown and Time...
  6. Long restart/shutdown, Event Log 200

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long restart/shutdown, Event Log 200: Hello. Very recently I started to have an issue with my shutdown/restart. From few seconds to like 2 minutes. It doesn't happen every time. Every few restarts problem comes back. The event log shows Error with event ID 200. I tried to kill some services but the problem is...
  7. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: I moved this post from general discussions where it got completely buried. I'm sure every one of us is getting these errors in windows 10 This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server...
  8. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the...
  9. Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached: This has been happening since last 24 hours, My toshiba laptops shuts down automatically without showing any warning, the first it happened about 20 minutes after I turned it on , after the shutdown I again hit the power button and it started normally but after 2 minutes it...
  10. Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Shutdown and Restart Event Logs in Windows You can use restart. The event ID's below will show you these details. Event ID Description 1074 Logged when an app (ex: Windows Update) causes the...