Windows 10: Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

Discus and support Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Geoff S, May 26, 2021.

1. Geoff S Win User

Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214)' Some of these updates can take a very long time both to download and install and I've read reports of updates creating chaos. Is this a worthwhile exercise? My PC is currently working well after a week of trauma so I'm reluctant to stir up what could be yet another hornet's nest. Geoff

:)

Geoff S, May 26, 2021
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, May 26, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 26, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing? - Similar Threads - 'Optional quality update'

2. Windows Optional quality update available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Optional quality update available: I have an update that just won’t download everyone it downloads after it’s finished it says it’s failed cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 22h2 for x64 basked systems KB5026435...
  3. Windows Optional quality update available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Optional quality update available: I have an update that just won’t download everyone it downloads after it’s finished it says it’s failed cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 22h2 for x64 basked systems KB5026435...
  4. optional quality update

optional quality update: Should I Install it??? or leave it????And what is this ???Thanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-quality-update/1bba3355-b701-48ad-98c2-6b9354160715
  5. Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?: My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214)' Some of these updates can take a very long time...
  6. What is a Optional Quality Update

What is a Optional Quality Update: I have seen a couple of Optional Quality Update. What are these and why are they optional, should I install them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-optional-quality-update/67bff46f-c5c3-41e1-b618-8b468b85514f
  7. "We couldn't install this optional quality update"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "We couldn't install this optional quality update": Just today, Windows Update showed "Optional quality update available". But after pressing "Update" button, and some delay, the error message appeared: We couldn't install this update but you can try again (0x80070541) 2021-03 Cumulative Update for W10 Version 20H2 (KB5001649)...
  8. "We couldn't install this optional quality update"

"We couldn't install this optional quality update": Just today, Windows Update showed "Optional quality update available". But after pressing "Update" button, and some delay, the error message appeared: We couldn't install this update but you can try again (0x80070541) 2021-03 Cumulative Update for W10 Version 20H2 (KB5001649)...
  9. Optional Quality Update Keeps Failing to install KB5001649

Optional Quality Update Keeps Failing to install KB5001649: I keep getting this error when I check for updates on Windows 10. I've searched for this KB and it's nowhere to be found anywhere on the internet. I also recently had to do an Upgrade in place for windows because I was having some update issues. [ATTACH] Here is my...
  10. Choose when updates are installed (feature and quality) options gone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Choose when updates are installed (feature and quality) options gone: Hi All First up some info: Win 10 Pro (Retail) 2004 OS Build: 19041.329 (If it matters) Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0 So I was just looking at this thread (thinking about resurrecting it but decided to start a new one): The Strange Case of...