Windows 10: Is this pop up legitimate?

Discus and support Is this pop up legitimate? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [IMG]This pop up showed up on the computer and because of the recent privacy/update debacle I feel a bit unsure. Is this legitimate?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rheana, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Rheana Win User

Is this pop up legitimate?

Is this pop up legitimate? [​IMG]This pop up showed up on the computer and because of the recent privacy/update debacle I feel a bit unsure. Is this legitimate?

:)

Rheana, Jan 16, 2020
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Ditendra Win User
    Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

This is obvious scam. Google employee would never call you.

"I just like to inform you that we are a legitimate company. Without your
    permission we cannot control your device because if we need to control your
    computer, we have to call you to run TeamViewer software, when you will
    share your Teamviewer ID & Password with us, then only it is possible for
    us to control your device with your permission. This is the way of a
    genuine company."

You need to remember that scammers are always trying to manipulate victims. This is their job. Of course they won't admit that they aren't legitimate or scammers. And them saying that they need your permission for remote controlling "to prove you that they're legitimate" is just another tactic of manipulation, so you think, "oh if they were scammers they wouldn't need my permission."

They are 100% scammers. You must be really very naive to not notice it. Anyway, all you need to do now is to block their number, put them in spam. They will probably try to call you again from the different numbers. Anytime they will call you, straightaway hangup. If they don't stop, I would suggest you to change your number. Also there is another way. I don't know if they were calling you to your smartphone or landline phone, but if it's a smartphone, then most smartphones have this ability where it blocks all unknown numbers automatically. I know it's not an ideal option, but it's the only thing to do if you don't want to change your phone number. For example my android phone has a feature to block calls from the strangers and also block calls from hidden numbers and even from contacts. Anyway, they somehow gained your personal information (number, email and etc)... And also remember, there are whole departments in the world that obtain, collect & then sell such information to scammers.

Next step after blocking and putting them in spam (& also report their emails to google) is to clean install of your windows if there's even a small suspicion that they had remote control of your computer. Disconnect your computer from the Internet. Format your disk and clean install Windows. After this change passwords of your important accounts & increase security as much as possible (very important to enable 2-step verification wherever you can).

And lastly, remember few golden rules:
    • Never give your credit card information to anyone! Even if God descends from the sky and asking your cc number.
    • Never make a transaction to some company you have not enough information, that has not reputation and name, in short in some shady companies and remember, even reviews can be faked and fabricated.
    • Never send money to strangers.
    • Never give strangers remote control of your computer.
    P.S. I suggest you to use password managers like Lastpass or Bitwarden, definitely use strong password and enable 2-step verification for them & also use strong and complex passwords (You can use this site for generating strong passwords: Strong Random Password Generator or you if you're using Chrome, it also can generate for you and also lastpass and bitwarden also have this ability).

Ditendra, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Is this pop up legitimate?

? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Is this pop up legitimate?

1. Is this pop up legitimate? - Similar Threads - pop legitimate

2. Blocking pop-ups in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking pop-ups in Edge: Since updating Edge to the latest version, I have frequently experienced pop-up ads opening in new tabs at random times when I click on a link in a website.In my Edge settings, under Cookies and site permissions/ Pop-ups and redirects, I have Block turned on. Is there...
  3. Blocking pop-ups in Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking pop-ups in Edge: Since updating Edge to the latest version, I have frequently experienced pop-up ads opening in new tabs at random times when I click on a link in a website.In my Edge settings, under Cookies and site permissions/ Pop-ups and redirects, I have Block turned on. Is there...
  4. Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?: I must have triggered a key shortcut that has activated this notification that keeps on popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-click-my-caps-lock-a-notification/2db80415-a18c-440a-a237-09f4cefe3bf9
  5. Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?

Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?: I must have triggered a key shortcut that has activated this notification that keeps on popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-click-my-caps-lock-a-notification/2db80415-a18c-440a-a237-09f4cefe3bf9
  6. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off: how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off. checked all third party software and removed them issue did not go away....
  7. is a Bios update pop up legitimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is a Bios update pop up legitimate?: Is this pop up legitimate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-bios-update-pop-up-legitimate/477fcea4-6cf4-460f-b15f-98ba3a44d420
  8. is a Bios update pop up legitimate?

is a Bios update pop up legitimate?: Is this pop up legitimate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-bios-update-pop-up-legitimate/477fcea4-6cf4-460f-b15f-98ba3a44d420
  9. Is this a legitimate MS pop-up window?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is this a legitimate MS pop-up window?: For the last few days a pop-up window had been appearing in the lower right hand corner of my screen and stays there no matter what is running behind it. My question is: is this really from MS? And does it have anything to do with upgrade 2004? (Current ver = 1903) I question...
  10. Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused.

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused.: I am confused. How does the Recycle Bin become corrupted? Apparently this has been a long standing problem in Windows. So is this a system security weakness? An OS weakness? Why does not Microsoft fix it the mandatory updates? The published fixes are long,...