Windows 10: Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user?

Discus and support Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user? We both use a Microsoft account. This person doesn't want to use password to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by groze, May 7, 2016.

1. groze Win User

Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user?

Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user? We both use a Microsoft account. This person doesn't want to use password to log-in to her account. There are two accounts on this computer.

:)

groze, May 7, 2016

2. Is it possible for a windows 6.0 phone to delay a sent email for 2 hours through settings or service issues?

I have a samsung code SCH-i220 with metro pcs service, please help me!

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

tribaltrak, May 7, 2016
  3. Is it possible for a windows 6.0 phone to delay a sent email for 2 hours through settings or service issues?

Hello. First, email must have an internet connection by WIFI or your data plan. The data plan is through your wireless carrier's network and with all networks congestion is certainly possible resulting in delays. I've had text messages delayed so the system
    isn't perfect. Signal strength also can play a role whether you have the internet connection required to send an email. As for settings, you could have the account to send manually when you press send/receive. But if it is just one email, I would think poor
    service is the problem.

Resourceful, May 7, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

No, it's not possible.

In a multiuser machine all users should use password. If one user does not have a password and this user shuts down the PC when signed in, Windows automatically signs him / her in when computer is again started, bypassing the user selection. This can only be avoided and the user selection shown when all accounts are password / PIN protected.

Personally I cannot understand how setting up a password, then setting up a four digit PIN (PIN requires a password being set up first) could be so difficult? Takes a second to press four keys to sign in.

Kari, May 7, 2016
  5. groze Win User
    I did find a workaround using netplwiz. It is a home computer, so it does not matter who has access to it. Just for your info, some Linux Distros have delayed automatic user login. In fact, when I have windows 7 installed there were no password for each account.

groze, May 7, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    The only possible thing with netplwiz you can call a workaround is to make the PC to automatically sign-in a specific user, then if another user wants to use the PC the automatically signed in user must sign out or you need to use Switch User feature.

Family or not, I would never allow another living person to freely access my user account, my personal documents, my notes and diary and so on.

What does that have to do with Windows 10?

What does that have to do with Windows 10?

Kari, May 7, 2016
  7. groze Win User
    Kari, that your choice and I respect that. Anyways, I don't really have that much private stuff on our computer. We are a two person family and we don't do much online. We don't have hardly any secrets. The secrets we do have are keep in our heads.

groze, May 8, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Well....sometimes Num Lock is not on and you hit your 4 numbers and wonder why nothing happened. That can be really confusing. ;-)

NavyLCDR, May 8, 2016
  9. RolandJS Win User
    Yeah, I remember the NumNum lock; in the old days, in BIOS, I turned it off for me; I'm wondering if UEFI/BIOS combine has something similar - to enable NumLock [on] during post.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user? - Similar Threads - possible automatic log

2. Programs all not responding roughly 60 seconds after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs all not responding roughly 60 seconds after boot: This morning I was on my computer for about an hour when I noticed no programs were responding. I did not get any errors from either the programs or windows, inputs simply had no feedback and existing processes halted. YouTube running on Microsoft edge stopped like it was...
  3. explorer.exe crashes seconds after logging into any user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe crashes seconds after logging into any user account: I was dual booting between two Windows 10 installs on separate ssd's, one was my main which I used the most, the other because I could only install and play a game from a clean Windows 10 install for some reason. This worked well for a long time until a few days ago. I...
  4. Windows 10 Locks after Exactly 60 Seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Locks after Exactly 60 Seconds: Hi Windows 10 Locks after exactly 60 seconds. I have tried the following steps: Set Turn Off display to 10 minutes Set Put computer to sleep in 30 minutes Set Console Lock Time Out to 60 minutes Disabled Hybrid Sleep and Hybernation. Please advise. Thank you....
  5. Windows 10 user automatically logging in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 user automatically logging in?: I have 2 users on my desktop PC. Me (administrator) and my wife (not administrator). Both accounts are set up as hello PIN and both require PIN sign in at startup. On a fresh start, when my wife logs in, when she tries to shut down she is told that other users are active do...
  6. How to stop automatic log out after 60 seconds on Windows 10 ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to stop automatic log out after 60 seconds on Windows 10 ?: Hi, I have an issue with the automatic log out. I want it after five or ten minutes, not just 60 secs. I tried: Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen > Screen Saver Settings Set screen saver to None Uncheck "On resume, display logon screen" Settings > System >...
  7. Windows logs automatically logs into last user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows logs automatically logs into last user: I just upgraded my PC to windows 10 and have already seen my first issue. I have two user accounts on my computer. Neither of them have passwords. In Windows 7 it would load up windows and give me the option to select the user I want to sign into. In Windows 10 to...
  8. BSOD 60 seconds after boot every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 60 seconds after boot every time: it has given me several reasons for BSOD, such as: unexpected kernel mode trap security check failure and others I forget sorry... I am running in safe mode now without problem for quite a while so I guess it is a driver problem, I hope? here is my debug thing...
  9. No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.: Issue copied from reddit /windows10 as i'm having the same issue.. Hi all, I've had this issue for a while and haven't really bothered to do anything about it till now. Since I upgrade to Win10 some months ago, I've noticed that every time I start or reboot my PC my...
  10. Automatically select user to log in to

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically select user to log in to: Hello! I'm running the Enterprise version of Windows 10 on my work computer. The PC is on a domain. When I click to move on from the lock screen, I am presented with my username (I assume since I was the last one to log in), and an "Other user" option. On the Windows 7 PCs on...