Windows 10: Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?

Discus and support Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello.My pc 10850 stock 4800mhz with NZXT KRAKEN X73 50-60C on load 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ AORUS Z490 Pro Ax Rtx Gigabyte 3090 OC stock , max gpu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sew3334, Mar 8, 2021.

1. sew3334 Win User

Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?

Hello.My pc
    10850 stock 4800mhz with NZXT KRAKEN X73 50-60C on load
    2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ
    AORUS Z490 Pro Ax
    Rtx Gigabyte 3090 OC stock , max gpu temp 62C
    Seasonic TX-850W PRIME TITANIUM

Using Windows 10 H20. Drivers updated.
    My question is that i have SET SCREEN TO SLEEP to NEVER. But today it turns off after 15 minutes. I wake up by touch mouse. And again after 15 minutes he shuts off. Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?

I checked event viewer. NO DRIVER crash. Nothing in viewer. Also pc is stable on load from what i tested.

:)

sew3334, Mar 8, 2021
  2. FAXA Win User

Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

FAXA, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?

HP monitor keeps going to sleep

Hi Ruth,

Incorrect power settings or options can cause your computer's monitor to constantly go to sleep. For us to properly isolate your case, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Which Windows version/build are you using?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Do you also remember changing or modifying your monitor's default settings?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?

1. Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself? - Similar Threads - possible setting monitor

2. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  3. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  4. Edge Setting Itself as Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Setting Itself as Default: Microsoft Edge keeps setting itself as the default browser. This is the second computer I've had this issue with; I've changed all the settings via default apps and by program. I want to uninstall the entire program, but cannot find a way to do so. I have read previous posts,...
  5. Edge Setting Itself as Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Setting Itself as Default: Microsoft Edge keeps setting itself as the default browser. This is the second computer I've had this issue with; I've changed all the settings via default apps and by program. I want to uninstall the entire program, but cannot find a way to do so. I have read previous posts,...
  6. Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?: Hello.My pc 10850 stock 4800mhz with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 50-60C on load ) 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ AORUS Z490 Pro Ax Rtx Gigabyte 3090 OC ( stock , max gpu temp 62C ) Seasonic TX-850W PRIME TITANIUM Using Windows 10 H20. Drivers updated. My question is that i have SET...
  7. Per monitor sleep setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Per monitor sleep setting: Is there a way to configure sleep settings per monitor. One monitor is my actual monitor, the extended 'monitor' is an hdmi cable to my receiver for sound only. When my display goes to sleep, the sound cuts out too (so no Spotify in the background for instance). Would be...
  8. Per-monitor sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Per-monitor sleep settings: I use an HDMI connection for both a screen and audio, so when the screen goes to sleep I lose sound. Is there a way to configure a particular monitor/HDMI connection to never sleep? I want to keep power saving settings on my display, but not lose sound when it goes to...
  9. Monitor not following sleep settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor not following sleep settings: I have my monitor set to sleep after 10 minutes but it goes to sleep after only 5 mins. Why won't it follow the sleep settings? I have also tried 20 minutes without luck. All Win 10 updates are current. 62852
  10. Set hibernation as "default" sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Set hibernation as "default" sleep: Hello, Is there a way to configure windows so every time a sleep is triggered indirectly (i.e. by a 3rd-party SW) than windows will automaticaly hibernate instead of entering a "regular" sleep ? 85437