Windows 10: Is this possible with OneDrive?

Discus and support Is this possible with OneDrive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I had windows 8.1, any photos I had on my local c drive automatically synced with one drive. I've had windows 10 for awhile now and I've just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andreah1, Dec 18, 2015.

1. andreah1 Win User

Is this possible with OneDrive?

When I had windows 8.1, any photos I had on my local c drive automatically synced with one drive. I've had windows 10 for awhile now and I've just noticed that any new photos/documents I add to my local drive don't automatically sync to one drive. When I right clicked on the icon in notifications and went to settings it says I am saving my pictures to This PC Only. I'm afraid if I change it to one drive it won't save it in BOTH places. How can I do this? I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket and trust one drive to keep all my photos safe, I want to have them on the local drive and backed up to an external drive (as well as one drive). I know, probably overkill but I've been burned in the past.
    Also, I used to be able to open up one drive on my desktop in more of an app format, that seems to be gone and only the file explorer method is there. I liked the app format, even went to the "store" to download it but it said not available for desktops. Is that gone? Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks!

:)

andreah1, Dec 18, 2015
  2. psychomania---01, Dec 18, 2015
  3. nj15 Win User
    Is this possible?

Yeah.I was thinking of that too...SE is a now a threat to three leading manufacturers not only Nokia.SE is now improving both UI and design IMHOIs this possible with OneDrive? :),but i'll stick with Nokia.Anyway,thanks koЯngear for your support.Is this possible with OneDrive? :D

4. Hemimax Win User

I also use OneDrive as a backup option, everything I drop in my OneDrive folder is automatically synced to the MS cloud server.
    Right click notification icon, settings tab: set to start with Windows, Auto save tab: set to This PC only, Account tab: select choose folders, check which folders you want to sync.
    Please look into the OneDrive tutorials in this forum for more detailed information.

Hemimax, Dec 19, 2015
  5. andreah1 Win User
    Thanks, I do have all that checked but I see there are quite a few files that never went over to OneDrive, I guess I'll have to manually do them when I have time. I'll look for the tutorials....

andreah1, Dec 19, 2015
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "I liked the app format, even went to the "store" to download it but it said not available for desktops. Is that gone?"

Yes, the App was discontinued so MS could 'focus' on desktops

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is this possible with OneDrive? - Similar Threads - possible OneDrive

2. Is it possible for me to change my onedrive email?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible for me to change my onedrive email?: I got a new laptop last year and somehow down the line I ended up registering some applications under my university email as I use outlook for school and now most of my Microsoft apps are under my uni email address. Is there anyway I can change my onedrive email to my...
  3. Is it possible for me to change my onedrive email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for me to change my onedrive email?: I got a new laptop last year and somehow down the line I ended up registering some applications under my university email as I use outlook for school and now most of my Microsoft apps are under my uni email address. Is there anyway I can change my onedrive email to my...
  4. Is it possible for me to change my onedrive email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Syncing/login of OneDrive, iCloud for Outlook, Microsoft store only via VPN possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing/login of OneDrive, iCloud for Outlook, Microsoft store only via VPN possible: Hello Community,some of my microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft store and activation of newly installed Office products and non-microsoft software Outlook plugin of iCloud doesn't login or sync without my computer being connected to my universities VPN service.The problem dates back...
  6. Syncing/login of OneDrive, iCloud for Outlook, Microsoft store only via VPN possible

Syncing/login of OneDrive, iCloud for Outlook, Microsoft store only via VPN possible: Hello Community,some of my microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft store and activation of newly installed Office products and non-microsoft software Outlook plugin of iCloud doesn't login or sync without my computer being connected to my universities VPN service.The problem dates back...
  7. Syncing/login of OneDrive, iCloud for Outlook, Microsoft store only via VPN possible

8. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus

Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus: Hi there.There is strange folder appear on my Folder E: yesterday The folder name is "dce7337580918db4d51ca95ef9" and size of approximately 726 MBSo my question is 1. Is it a important folder and is it possible a hacking or virus?2. Can I deleting this folder?If someone can...
  9. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus: Hi there.There is strange folder appear on my Folder E: yesterday The folder name is "dce7337580918db4d51ca95ef9" and size of approximately 726 MBSo my question is 1. Is it a important folder and is it possible a hacking or virus?2. Can I deleting this folder?If someone can...
  10. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus