Windows 10: Is this Process Necessary?

Discus and support Is this Process Necessary? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Something called "Windows Modules Installer Wor..." is running and uses a lot of memory. My system is running slow (that pesky Windows 10) so I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by joeker7772, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Is this Process Necessary?

Something called "Windows Modules Installer Wor..." is running and uses a lot of memory. My system is running slow (that pesky Windows 10) so I'd like to know if I need this process. This is right after restarting and installing updates. Thanks! Joe in Orlando. I only have 4MB RAM.

:)

joeker7772, Mar 20, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 20, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Is this Process Necessary? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 20, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

Is this Process Necessary?

What processes are necessary to operate Windows 10?

Thank you.

Someone should have asked why you're asking the question before answering it. Don't assume that the processes listed above are the only ones necessary for things to run normally. Don't go stopping or disabling anything if you don't know what you're doing.

JimWynne, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Is this Process Necessary?

1. Is this Process Necessary? - Similar Threads - Process Necessary

2. how come my processes don't show in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how come my processes don't show in task manager: how come my processes don't show in task manager like they use to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-come-my-processes-dont-show-in-task-manager/300e17fb-e1f7-4012-aeca-1ccd6bec8822
  3. how come my processes don't show in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how come my processes don't show in task manager: how come my processes don't show in task manager like they use to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-come-my-processes-dont-show-in-task-manager/300e17fb-e1f7-4012-aeca-1ccd6bec8822
  4. how come my processes don't show in task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Multiple UserModePowerService Log in EventViewer for Process...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple UserModePowerService Log in EventViewer for Process...: Why I am getting thousands of events for UserModePowerServiceProcess C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe process ID:17272 reset policy scheme from {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} to {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}...
  6. Multiple UserModePowerService Log in EventViewer for Process...

Multiple UserModePowerService Log in EventViewer for Process...: Why I am getting thousands of events for UserModePowerServiceProcess C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe process ID:17272 reset policy scheme from {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} to {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}...
  7. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  8. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  9. un-necessary processes in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    un-necessary processes in windows 10: The subject of this thread says it all you guys. What is the most reliable way to find out what processes in windows 10 boot automatically when the iOS reaches the desktop and the boot process is over? Because it's my suspicion that 50% of the processes can be ditched if you...
  10. Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10): There are soooo many things running on my PC, some I don't even recognize, which obviously makes my PC run horribly. Is there a list of absolutely necessary programs/apps that windows 10 must have to run correctly so that I or anyone else wondering the same thing can get...