Windows 10: Is this Real or Scam?

Discus and support Is this Real or Scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently there is someone who promote omnipotent otk ,a type of cryptocurrency using the name of dr liu tie yan ,assistant managing director of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jax_300, May 13, 2020.

1. jax_300 Win User

Is this Real or Scam?

Recently there is someone who promote omnipotent otk ,a type of cryptocurrency using the name of dr liu tie yan ,assistant managing director of Microsoft Research Asia to ask public to invest in it.is it a scam?

[Original Title: scam?]

:)

jax_300, May 13, 2020

2. Upgrade - Real or Scam

This morning I got the following message when I started up: Based on your update settings, this PC is entitled to an upgrade.

1. Is this real or a scam?

2. Where did this come from?

3. If this is a long running scam, why did Microsoft security and/or my firewall not block it?

DenisFredrick, May 13, 2020
  3. CarolWms Win User
    Scam or real?

Scam or real?
    Is this Real or Scam? ccdd4a07-261d-426c-8fa4-7a041e8d2384?upload=true.png
    udden
    this took over my screen:

CarolWms, May 13, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Is this Real or Scam?

Smeed, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Is this Real or Scam?

1. Is this Real or Scam? - Similar Threads - Real Scam

2. My Windows Defender Real Time Protection keeps on becoming off!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Windows Defender Real Time Protection keeps on becoming off!: My Windows Defender Real Time Protection keeps on becoming off after every week! I got a notification about it... I googled about it and found out that an another antivirus program can block it but I don't have any. I also ran a Full System Scan But didn't find any...
  3. Front camera not working at all. Any way I can get real-time help from MS? Its terribly...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front camera not working at all. Any way I can get real-time help from MS? Its terribly...: After trying to access MS support unsuccessfully for many hours, the only option that showed was "Microsoft Support One". Surely those "scammers" are only taking advantage of shortcomings on the part of MS- which is consistently terrible?? I JUST NEED A SOLUTION TO MY...
  4. Is email from live.com info *** Email address is removed for privacy *** real or a scam?

Is email from live.com info *** Email address is removed for privacy *** real or a scam?: Can someone please tell me if the email I just received is valid or a scam? Thank you very much. Your Current Login Session has expired and will Reset/Update if you Logout. live.com update may take up to 48hours! You will not be able to use your mailbox until update is...
  5. Scam or real?

Scam or real?: Scam or real?[ATTACH]udden this took over my screen: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-or-real/695493f0-2cb4-4880-bc38-1f0e86c9ae33"
  6. Scam or real

Scam or real: Yesterday my computer froze and I got a message to call a number that said it was for Microsoft help. I was told I had been hacked and needed to fix my laptop. The fee was $799. Is this legitimate?...
  7. phone scam or real?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phone scam or real?: I have gotten several calls over the past 2 mos. claiming to be with windows security and that my windows internet security has been turned off by a service not of the US, and I should make changes. if I have done so, to ignore this message. if I have not done so to call...
  8. MICROSOFT refund...REAL OR SCAM??

MICROSOFT refund...REAL OR SCAM??: Security...I received seceral phone calls (finally answered today) from a caller with a distinct accent that said i was due a refund from microsoft of about $300. I am skeptical because he needed a verification code which i have not yet requested and then he supposed;ly...
  9. Is this a real Microsoft number?! Or have I been scammed?

Is this a real Microsoft number?! Or have I been scammed?: I found the following number online, listed as Microsoft support : 0800 026 0330. I was ringing in regards to my office product key which I am unable to read. Anyway, it first sounded like genuine call centre ( phones ringing in the background, others talking) but then...
  10. Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real?: I received an email from the following address: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [ATTACH] I have not downloaded the pictures, but the email contains various links. It seems legitimate, but I am slightly concerned that I have accessed my account frequently in...