Windows 10: is this Robocopy behavior a sign from Robocopy of fault or Errors ?

Discus and support is this Robocopy behavior a sign from Robocopy of fault or Errors ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; the Indicator you see in the Image below highlighted in Red is Supposed to stay at the bottom and next to the file that is being copied but today while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by yafatana, Mar 16, 2021.

1. yafatana Win User

is this Robocopy behavior a sign from Robocopy of fault or Errors ?

the Indicator you see in the Image below highlighted in Red is Supposed to stay at the bottom and next to the file that is being copied but today while i was copying 300 gb of data like for example files from 1 to 100 it stayed next to file number 30 and followed this file while it was going up and then when Robocopy got to file 60 it back to normal at the bottom is this a sign from Robocopy of a fault ?i using Windows 10using this Robocopy CommandRobocopy.exe "Source" "Dist" /mir /r:3 /w:10 /TEE /LOG:"E:\robocopylog.txt

is this Robocopy behavior a sign from Robocopy of fault or Errors ? [​IMG]

:)

yafatana, Mar 16, 2021

2. Robocopy infinite recursion

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try running the /zb command from the article
    Robocopy
    for the Access Denied error and check if this helps.

If you are still facing any issues, then I would suggest you to post your query in

IT Pro TechNet forums

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Robocopy WIndows 10 strange behavior. It will add the root to the path

Hi Tom,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting error when using the Robocopy command.

What happens when you try to use robocopy \\server\M Drive\SQL Data\ E:\SQL Data\ without quotes? Are you getting the same error?

You may want to check the
    Robocopy and a Few Examples
    , which may provide some insights.

However, we do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to Robocopy, let me point you in the right direction, where you may get further assistance, if the issue persists. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have
    support professionals to address your query.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 16, 2021
  4. is this Robocopy behavior a sign from Robocopy of fault or Errors ?

Robocopy

Hello Felicia, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

Please, refer to the article Robocopy for the Access Denied error and try running the /zb command

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

If the issue persists, please post your query in IT Pro TechNet forums

Technet forums

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

is this Robocopy behavior a sign from Robocopy of fault or Errors ?

1. is this Robocopy behavior a sign from Robocopy of fault or Errors ? - Similar Threads - Robocopy behavior sign

2. ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME: I love using ROBOCOPY to perform my file backups but just after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME occurs it appears to no longer perform a DIFFERENTIAL backup. Instead, ROBOCOPY starts copying as if it were the very first time. I know there is a 'DST' optional flag available but when...
  3. ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME: I love using ROBOCOPY to perform my file backups but just after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME occurs it appears to no longer perform a DIFFERENTIAL backup. Instead, ROBOCOPY starts copying as if it were the very first time. I know there is a 'DST' optional flag available but when...
  4. robocopy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    robocopy: Hi robocopylog Total Copied ?1055, 197, log.txt818?/MIR /MT:8 /r:2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/robocopy/dca938b6-3089-4c84-ac33-6ae7c255f0b5
  5. robocopy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    robocopy: Hi robocopylog Total Copied ?1055, 197, log.txt818?/MIR /MT:8 /r:2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/robocopy/dca938b6-3089-4c84-ac33-6ae7c255f0b5
  6. robocopy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. robocopy / ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    robocopy / ads: does robocopy copy all ADS streams for files on an NTFS file system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/robocopy-ads/f40fd16f-3c6e-47ce-baa3-1d7024b8521a
  8. question about robocopy behavior...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    question about robocopy behavior...: I was trying to do a quick backup of my documents folder, so decided to use robocopy with the /MIR switch: robocopy C:\Users\Brian\Documents D:\Backups\X390\Current\Documents /MIR It was taking a really long time, and what I discovered is that robocopy also backed up my...
  9. Robocopy options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Robocopy options: I have a batch file that contains this line Code: robocopy "E:\ame\Documents\_kunddata" "\\DESKTOP-2S2F2DJ\Backup\Kunddata" /MIR /W:1 /R:1 /LOG:C:\TEMP\BACKUP.LOG In the log file I get this Code: Options : *.* /S /E /DCOPY:DA /COPY:DAT /PURGE /MIR /R:1 /W:1 So there are som...
  10. Robocopy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Robocopy: I like Robocopy and used it for a long time but after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it got in a loop when I tried to back up via the Documents and Settings Junction. I know that I didn’t change permissions on this folder. But If I try to open it, I get "Access...