Windows 10: Is this Scam??

Discus and support Is this Scam?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting a warning that my windows firewall has not been updated and is corrupted and to click update. Is this a scam? [Original Title: Scam??]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SharonSchultz1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Is this Scam??

I am getting a warning that my windows firewall has not been updated and is corrupted and to click update. Is this a scam?

[Original Title: Scam??]

:)

SharonSchultz1, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Smeed Win User

Is this Scam??

Smeed, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Is this Scam??

1. Is this Scam?? - Similar Threads - Scam

2. Suspicious Scams

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Scams: I've received calls at least twice a month from someone pretending to be from Microsoft Windows Defender Refund Department. They claim that I have paid $299.99 for security software and they can no longer provided security for my computer. They want to refund me the money,...
  3. Virus scam.

Virus scam.: A virus alert came up telling me to call the number 877 427-9910. This seems to be some place near Anaheim. It isn't Microsoft, but the guy even gave me a Microsoft Identifying name of Jason MC029C. It was impossible to close Microsoft Edge while I was online. The guy...
  4. UK Airport email scam

UK Airport email scam: Hi there this obviously could have been a big problem -- although it would seem to me a pretty obvious scam -- however so many people are very lax when it comes to email type scams I'm hardly surprised though. Airport email scam thwarted by UK's cyber-defender NCSC - BBC...
  5. Scam or not

Scam or not: I got a call from a computer company today and they said my windows will expire in a few days, I bought my window 10 and installed it, So I don't think it will expire. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-or-not/195acc65-57d5-4641-8536-2d1149638aaf"
  6. Microsoft scamming

Microsoft scamming: OKAY, so I ask a question on Microsoft answers and a reply I get is a scammer wanting me to call a number. So lucky for me I checked before I called or ELSE. However the bottom line is unfortunately I cannot trust the replies I get supposedly from Microsoft 'helpers'. I am...
  7. Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.

Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.: Microsoft Community (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)To:you Details [ATTACH] Microsoft Community Your question has a reply Hi Anne Marie Kearns, Tim Lar5 has replied to your question WIndows Photo Gallery in Microsoft Community. Thank You For Posting in...
  8. Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.: Microsoft Community (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)To:you Details [ATTACH] Microsoft Community Your question has a reply Hi Anne Marie Kearns, Tim Lar5 has replied to your question WIndows Photo Gallery in Microsoft Community. Thank You For Posting in...
  9. Microsoft Certified Technician Scams

Microsoft Certified Technician Scams: I noticed the comment posted regarding the man who was cold called by a scammer, I think regarding the Ammy Scam. He had asked who these people are and why aren't they in jail yet. That email was dated 2013. Here we are almost at 2020 and they have been not only scamming the...
  10. Is this a scam ?

Is this a scam ?: Hi *** Email address is removed for privacy *** have emailed saying Windows Defender on my Win 10 has been upgraded along with a bill for $899 good for 5years. I telephoned the number that came with the bill and told them I had not authorised a upgrade, that I did not want...