Windows 10: Is this SSD compatible with my Laptop?

Discus and support Is this SSD compatible with my Laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion 17-g153us Notebook and I'm trying to fit a Samsung SSD 860. The second link below compares two SSD's from Best Buy. Are they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BlackManINC, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Is this SSD compatible with my Laptop?

I have an HP Pavilion 17-g153us Notebook and I'm trying to fit a Samsung SSD 860. The second link below compares two SSD's from Best Buy. Are they compatible with my laptop, and if they are, which one is better in quality?

Link: The Laptop

Link: The SSD's

:)

BlackManINC, Nov 28, 2019
  2. chirp Win User

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Nov 28, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Is this SSD compatible with my Laptop?

SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Is this SSD compatible with my Laptop?

1. Is this SSD compatible with my Laptop? - Similar Threads - SSD compatible Laptop

2. Is my laptop MPP compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop MPP compatible?: My HP laptop's product name is HP Laptop 15-dy2xxx and I cannot find much about it anywhere.. is it MPP compatible? Its not a notebook or a 2-in-1 foldable laptop, its just a touchscreen laptop. In my settings it does mention pen and Windows Ink which leads me to be;ieve it...
  3. Is my laptop MPP compatible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my laptop MPP compatible?: My HP laptop's product name is HP Laptop 15-dy2xxx and I cannot find much about it anywhere.. is it MPP compatible? Its not a notebook or a 2-in-1 foldable laptop, its just a touchscreen laptop. In my settings it does mention pen and Windows Ink which leads me to be;ieve it...
  4. is my laptop ssd compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is my laptop ssd compatible: i have a dell inspiron 14 3493 i5 10th gen 4gb ram laptop, it came with 1tb hdd but now i want to upgrade it to 512 gb ssd,i dont know wether i have a ssd slot<sata or nvme2> can somebody pls help...
  5. is my laptop ssd compatible

is my laptop ssd compatible: i have a dell inspiron 14 3493 i5 10th gen 4gb ram laptop, it came with 1tb hdd but now i want to upgrade it to 512 gb ssd,i dont know wether i have a ssd slot<sata or nvme2> can somebody pls help...
  6. is my laptop ssd compatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is this pen compatible with my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this pen compatible with my laptop ?: Hey, So i wanted to buy a pen for my HP Pavilion x360 convertible 14-dy0175ng and i dont seem to find any actual pen that is compatible with it...So my question is this pen...
  8. Is this pen compatible with my laptop ?

Is this pen compatible with my laptop ?: Hey, So i wanted to buy a pen for my HP Pavilion x360 convertible 14-dy0175ng and i dont seem to find any actual pen that is compatible with it...So my question is this pen...
  9. Is my laptop is compatible with Windows 11??

Is my laptop is compatible with Windows 11??: Hi! Windows,I'm Raj upadhyay I've a query which is My laptopLenovo l420 is compatible with Windows 11 update ,if it is or notso please kindly reply my little query....
  10. SSD compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD compatibility: Hi I have an HP laptop with the following specifications:https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-15-g000-notebook-pc-series/6545564/model/7101305/document/c04315017Can someone please tell me if this is eligible for an SSD upgrade? If so, can you also please tell me the SSDs...