Windows 10: Is this supposed to happen while trying to reset your PC?

Discus and support Is this supposed to happen while trying to reset your PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings. I noticed a few weeks ago that my PC performance was starting to deteriorate when it shouldn't be (it's very expensive and not even a year... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neoskx, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Neoskx Win User

Is this supposed to happen while trying to reset your PC?

Greetings.

I noticed a few weeks ago that my PC performance was starting to deteriorate when it shouldn't be (it's very expensive and not even a year old), so I assumed it was something I had installed onto my computer. So, I went with the option that seemed best for me which was to use the "reset this PC" recovery option. I clicked the get started button, then pressed "keep my files". All was well up until it started saying "getting things ready" but then lead into "Could not find the recovery environment. Insert your Windows installation or recovery media, and restart your PC with the media." When I had read over the support form about using the reset your pc recovery option earlier, I did not see anything listed about needing a recovery environment. My only real guess is that since the PC was custom built by one of my step-dad's brothers, that not everything had been included with it, such as a recovery environment (similar to how I needed to use a USB to connect to wifi since a chip or whatever those things are called didn't come with it.) If my thesis here isn't correct, then is this supposed to be normal when trying to reset your PC? Is there a way to get past the could not find the recovery environment screen, or am I just dumb? I already tried using the media creation tool as well in order to install a copy of windows onto a flash drive, but that did not change anything with the reset this pc tool. I didn't find many of the support topics on the microsoft site helpful, so my only bet was to post here.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

:)

Neoskx, Jul 29, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jul 29, 2019
  4. EarthDog Win User

1070 Overheat Crash x(

Yes try it again... lol... we were waiting for that!

You have steps listed....try to find a another pc to try...try to reset the bios and see if that for some reason would help. But yes, try putting it back in. If not, id say rma time.

EarthDog, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Is this supposed to happen while trying to reset your PC? - Similar Threads - supposed happen while

2. Trying to reset PC while keeping updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reset PC while keeping updates: I have an older (but still Win10) PC I want to give my daughter. I'd like it to enter the new user setup when she turns it on so she can create her own account, etc. But I'd also like the version of Windows installed to be updated so she doesn't have to spend the first couple...
  3. I don't think that's supposed to happen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't think that's supposed to happen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HolySpecs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1u7qu/i_dont_think_thats_supposed_to_happen/
  4. Error -"There was a problem while resetting your PC" during Windows 10 reset

Error -"There was a problem while resetting your PC" during Windows 10 reset: I have an HP Laptop and I am trying to reset my Windows 10 .The procedure goes on fine at starting but once it reaches to 58% it just goes and boots back to my original Windows 10 and shows me-"There was a problem while resetting your PC".It does not do anything but each time...
  5. Reset your pc

Reset your pc: Quick question... If i go to settings and reset my pc... After it completes will i have to reinstall all the updates again or do they stay intact.. cause some of those crazy updates took like a whole day ... Thanks...
  6. This is NOT supposed to happen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is NOT supposed to happen.: [ATTACH] But when I do it manually, it works fine... Also... Also...[ATTACH]<---- That is not supposed to be there, please fix this and remove the folder....
  7. Reset your PC

Reset your PC: I am toying with resetting my PC as I get the odd slow down. Looking at my specs and running 1903 with a core 2 duo it manages quite well but it's just re-installing all the programs and apps. Has anyone done the reset procedure and after starting it I backed out as the was a...
  8. Reset your PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset your PC: I am toying with resetting my PC as I get the odd slow down. Looking at my specs and running 1903 with a core 2 duo it manages quite well but it's just re-installing all the programs and apps. Has anyone done the reset procedure and after starting it I backed out as the was a...
  9. Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC": As the title says, I tried to reset/restore my Asus Laptop (Windows 10 Free Upgrade from Windows 8) and no matter what I do, I always get the error "There was a problem resetting your PC" and I have google'd, search through heaps of forums and I have had multiple attempts at...
  10. There was a problem while resetting your PC

There was a problem while resetting your PC: So over the recent months I've been running into problems with W10 updates and I've found out that a lot of people fixed them by resetting their PCs. Today I've gathered up the courage to do this myself. I've made a back up Recovery image, created a restore point and went on....