Windows 10: Is this the File deleting windows update? SOLVED

Discus and support Is this the File deleting windows update? SOLVED in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I checked for updates and got this. I'm afraid to restart because I think this is the file deleting windows update plz help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Speedysparrow55, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Is this the File deleting windows update? SOLVED

Is this the File deleting windows update? SOLVED 41933619-4cb5-49bb-ba94-2d860e5fe59c?upload=true.png

I checked for updates and got this. I'm afraid to restart because I think this is the file deleting windows update

plz help

:)

Speedysparrow55, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Is this the File deleting windows update? SOLVED ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 25, 2018
  3. INSTG8R Win User
    Solved(Delete)

Delete, Solved

INSTG8R, Oct 25, 2018
  4. rk3066 Win User

Is this the File deleting windows update? SOLVED

Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Is this the File deleting windows update? SOLVED

1. Is this the File deleting windows update? SOLVED - Similar Threads - File deleting update

2. Delete old windows update files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete old windows update files: When I run 'Clean Up System files' option the following dialog is displayed.But when I click delete, the first selected item 'Windows Update Cleanup is never deleted.Due to this I am having a space problem on my C: drive.How can I safely delete at least some these files and...
  3. Delete old windows update files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete old windows update files: When I run 'Clean Up System files' option the following dialog is displayed.But when I click delete, the first selected item 'Windows Update Cleanup is never deleted.Due to this I am having a space problem on my C: drive.How can I safely delete at least some these files and...
  4. [SOLVED] File sharing on 21H1 [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [SOLVED] File sharing on 21H1 [SOLVED]: Hello there!So I just hooked my PC and laptop up to the same router via cable and as soon as both of them recognized the network, they were visible. But I needed to specify which folders I wanted to share which basically is very partition so I went and shared the partitions,...
  5. Windows Update deleting driver files?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update deleting driver files?: It seems like Windows Update is deleting files in folders such as System32/drivers and DriverStore, and so devices start failing to work properly. What leads me to believe that Windows Update is doing it is that everything seems to be fine until the Windows Update service...
  6. Windows Update Deleted Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Deleted Files: Hello! My computer installed the new Edge update overnight and when I logged on this morning all the names for my programs were black and fuzzy like a censor blur and my recent files from word were gone. I restarted the computer and was greeted to a window saying the new Edge...
  7. Update Deleted Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update Deleted Files?: Hey, people. I have been waiting from the support thing for an advisor for a while now, and have yet to receive an answer. Maybe someone here can help? My laptop just did an update. When the update was completed, I noticed all of my user preferences like preferred...
  8. Is this the File deleting windows update?

Is this the File deleting windows update?: [ATTACH] I checked for updates and got this. I'm afraid to restart because I think this is the file deleting windows update plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-the-file-deleting-windows-update/79147cd1-85a2-43a0-a560-5e796a3f2978
  9. Windows 10 update is deleting files

Windows 10 update is deleting files: This is just a general info posting to compile published articles concerning the "minor" flaw with the initial general release of the1809 update. Here are a some of published articles if anybody has yet to see them:...
  10. Windows Update Deleted files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Deleted files: Hey with it staying short i recently last night had a windows update which i set it to auto do it this morning and after the update i realised my pictures, music, videos all wiped nothing at all in them and i tried back-up but it was "off" coz this never happened to me so...