Windows 10: Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build?

Discus and support Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi again folks, Wanting to keep some of my computers at windows 7 for software compatibility, while at the same time do want to do a few upgrades to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donegaljoe, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build?

Hi again folks,

Wanting to keep some of my computers at windows 7 for software compatibility, while at the same time do want to do a few upgrades to windows 10 and want the easiest option.

I understand that the latest build ISO has been pulled by Microsoft (Threshold 2) but looking at the below page I have downloaded, if I am reading it correctly what it says says is the latest Threshold 2 ISO, does link back to Microsoft.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...wnload-server/

The link for the media creation tool is "unpublished link" near end of article. I have downloaded it and burned to DVD.

Thoughts as to whether it is the latest build of windows 10 which make it less painful to upgrade to 10 from 7 on the computers that I do want to upgrade, without the necessity of running another upgrade a month later, with an earlier build?

I hope I have not broken any rules by asking this question.

Thank you.
    Joe

:)

donegaljoe, Nov 22, 2015

2. Threshold 2 in win update catalog

So for update to threshold 2 i should download iso file and upgrade windows , right ?

in future MS will release a .MSU file for threshold 2 ? update with .msu is easier

Mehrdad Aria, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Didn't get a threshold 2 update, any idea when will I get it?

Download the ISO and you can perform a repair upgrade to Threshold 2 within 30 to 45 mins.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build?

Hey, Joe - check post #56 by NavyLCDR in this thread: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post476303

His tip is how I checked the actual ISO I grabbed Sunday morning via the MCT download.

I just now checked the freshly downloaded MCT itself from the "unpublished" link you point to in that article and the properties show as follows:

Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build? [​IMG]

Word Man, Nov 22, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    My reply to basically the same question in a thread a couple minutes ago:

Nobody knows what is really going on. There are many, many rumors and statements - but in real life build 10586 downloads from the normal public links - public Media Creation Tool and Tech Bench - have been rolled back to 10240 and people are not seeing the th2 10586 update in Windows update.

There is still one method to get Windows 10 10586 (other than an MSDN subscription):
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...eationTool.exe

^^^^This is NOT the normal public media creation tool link, but it is a real Microsoft link. The Media Creation Tool above will get you the latest ISO that was released, and then pulled. There is a cumulative update after installing build 10586.0 (from the ISO) that will update it to 10586.11

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build?

1. Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build? - Similar Threads - latest threshold iso

2. Windows 10 latest release (build) ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest release (build) ISO: Latest release 10.0.19043.1110 (July 13, 2021; 1 day ago[ Where can i get this Windows 10 release (build)? I have Win10 21H1 ISO but i need latest release. Is there any site where can i download latest build (ISO) and select language? 182550
  3. Windows 10 latest release (build) ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 latest release (build) ISO: Latest release 10.0.19043.1110 (July 13, 2021; 1 day ago[ Where can i get this Windows 10 release (build)? I have Win10 21H1 ISO but i need latest release. Is there any site where can i download latest build (ISO) and select language? 182550
  4. Threshold 2 question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  5. Threshold 2 destroys bcd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Threshold 2 destroys bcd: I was not getting the update thru the reg windows update so I decided to do a manual update to win 10 with the lastest ms tool. It actually was successful. When it completed I was able to use Windows normally and it was updated to threshold 2. However when i reboot I get a...
  6. Creating an ISO from the latest build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating an ISO from the latest build: How do you create an ISO from the latest downloaded build. I have seen reference to an ESD file but do not know what or where it is? 5572
  7. Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2: RTM users are expected to receive it next week Microsoft has remained completely tight-lipped on Windows 10 Threshold 2, but according to people close to the matter, this eagerly anticipated update is due next week for RTM users. The latest preview build that...
  8. Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2: Threshold 2 has re-enabled superfetch on my PC (only SSD's on my system). I have waited over a week, run Winsat formal, etc. but superfetch remains on. Has anyone experienced this? Before I manually disable the service I would welcome any suggestions etc. PS: the...
  9. Windows 10 Threshold 2 ISOs Now Available for Enterprise Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 ISOs Now Available for Enterprise Users: [img] The new Windows 10 ISOs have been posted on VLSC Microsoft says that Windows 10 is finally ready for the enterprise market with the release of Threshold 2, and as part of the effort to make the OS available for this particular customer category, the company...
  10. Will anyone be able to download an iso for w10 threshold 2 on Nov 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will anyone be able to download an iso for w10 threshold 2 on Nov 10?: Will anyone be able to download an iso for W10 threshold 2 on Nov 10 (not an insider build)? I just want to keep my isos images updated. 28830