Windows 10: Is this the only reason why my computer will not play sound of any kind unless through my...

Discus and support Is this the only reason why my computer will not play sound of any kind unless through my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DoomGirDoom [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DoomGirDoom, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Is this the only reason why my computer will not play sound of any kind unless through my...

/u/DoomGirDoom, Jan 15, 2021

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Windows10 will not play sound

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to use the methods below to solve the issue:

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio
      troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow the below method.

Method 2: Try updating audio drivers and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound drivers.

• Right-click on the Sound card and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Is this the only reason why my computer will not play sound of any kind unless through my...

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Is this the only reason why my computer will not play sound of any kind unless through my...

1. Is this the only reason why my computer will not play sound of any kind unless through my... - Similar Threads - reason why computer

2. Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?: ColleaguesWhy does my MP4 video not play any sound? I've tried to find a Microsoft driver update, but I can't find one that looks trustworthy. Incidentally, if I copy the MP4 to my iPad, it plays both vision and sound correctly.Many thanksIan...
  3. Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?: ColleaguesWhy does my MP4 video not play any sound? I've tried to find a Microsoft driver update, but I can't find one that looks trustworthy. Incidentally, if I copy the MP4 to my iPad, it plays both vision and sound correctly.Many thanksIan...
  4. Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my Laptop not play any sound through its speakers anymore, and the microphone does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Laptop not play any sound through its speakers anymore, and the microphone does...: I normally have my laptop connected to a monitor and then the sound plays through the monitor, but as soon as I disconnect it the sound stops and nothing comes out of my laptops built in speaker....
  6. Why does my Laptop not play any sound through its speakers anymore, and the microphone does...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Laptop not play any sound through its speakers anymore, and the microphone does...: I normally have my laptop connected to a monitor and then the sound plays through the monitor, but as soon as I disconnect it the sound stops and nothing comes out of my laptops built in speaker....
  7. My PC will only play sound through headphones

My PC will only play sound through headphones: Hello,I have tried fixing this for hours with no results. My PC will not play sound at all unless headphones are in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, troubleshooting, all of the sound settings...nothing. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones: I'm not sure when it started nor why but the sound only comes out if I restart my computer and quickly plug in my headphones as soon as the computer opens. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My mom is getting so sick of hearing me play music lol...
  9. Why does my audio play through my computers speakers and not through my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my audio play through my computers speakers and not through my headphones?: 123456 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-audio-play-through-my-computers/13f854ab-7d1d-4e6f-a64c-29ce8227777b
  10. My laptop will not play sound through my headset, and just continues to play through my...

My laptop will not play sound through my headset, and just continues to play through my...: Once I plug my headset into my laptop, it just ignores it. My laptop continues to play through the speaker. On playback devices you cannot find my headset. I've done an update/restart of the laptop and nothing has been fixed. I have tried other earbuds, but the same result....