Windows 10: Is this the right subreddit to ask help for my problem? I've been bothered with issue of...

Discus and support Is this the right subreddit to ask help for my problem? I've been bothered with issue of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/farcelibra [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/farcelibra, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Is this the right subreddit to ask help for my problem? I've been bothered with issue of...

/u/farcelibra, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Read this before asking for help!

Below are some steps you should follow before asking for help, in order to get you the best help possible.

here are some basic suggestions that apply to the ENTIRE forum when asking for help
    • Come up with a proper thread title. "help!" "i broke it" and so on are no good. People will not click the thread link without knowing what its about.
    • Use proper spelling and grammar. If english is not your first language, get someone better than you to proof read it. We cannot help you if we cant understand you.
    • Fill out your user specifications here. Make sure you change the drop down box to "yes"
    • Wait for a response. Dont add needless posts asking for help such as "is anybody there?". It merely annoys people, so they wont bother to help you.
    • If you have more information to add, use the edit button and edit the first post. New people to the thread read the first post and may offer help not realising you've added more details further on.
    • List your problem in a clear and concise manner. See below for a good example and a bad example
    • Search for other people with the same problem in google. There could be an easy fix that has already been stated somewhere.
    • If you find another thread here on TPU with a similar problem, but NOT the same do not post your issue there. Start a new thread. Simply because it has something in common, does not mean its the same problem, nor does it mean it will have the same solution.
    • Be polite. no ones going to help you if you arent nice to them. If people arent nice to YOU, ignore them and hit the "report post" button underneath their name.
    Good example:
    Hello, when i play 3D games my computer restarts. my PSU is a 400W Bestec that came with the case and my video card is a radeon 2600XT. What can i do to find out why its restarting?
    I'm running windows XP service pack 1 and catalyst 8.12 drivers from the AMD website.
    The problem has been happening for months, but i never got around to fixing it.

Bad example:
    my stupid comp is crashn n stuff. tell me how to fix it before i smash the darn thing.

Here are some suggestions specific to the overclocking and cooling sections of the forum.
    (IN PROGRESS)

• Gather every shred of information you can. Memory timings, default voltages, idle temperatures and load temperatures. EVERYTHING.
    • Google your problem. If you find something half related - link us. it may have answers we need.
    • Make sure you test the system properly with some like OCCT's LINPACK test. Run it for a few hours. Make sure you're stable at stock speeds before bothering with OCing, you could have faulty hardware or inferior even before you overclock.
    • Let us know clearly what you want to achieve, and whats stopping you. People will offer lots of solutions and advice, but its no use solving the wrong problem.

Mussels, Feb 15, 2021
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Is this the right subreddit to ask help for my problem? I've been bothered with issue of... :cool:

jmcslob, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Is this the right subreddit to ask help for my problem? I've been bothered with issue of...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Is this the right subreddit to ask help for my problem? I've been bothered with issue of...

1. Is this the right subreddit to ask help for my problem? I've been bothered with issue of... - Similar Threads - right subreddit ask

2. I've been hacked then helped by the hacker????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been hacked then helped by the hacker????: I'm frantic just now. I received a Trojan Horse Alert supposedly from microsoft with a number to call, which I did. We went through my dir and located a switch of ip addresses for me. Now, I can not get in touch with the person who helped me, and I read that I might have...
  3. I've been hacked then helped by the hacker????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been hacked then helped by the hacker????: I'm frantic just now. I received a Trojan Horse Alert supposedly from microsoft with a number to call, which I did. We went through my dir and located a switch of ip addresses for me. Now, I can not get in touch with the person who helped me, and I read that I might have...
  4. I've been hacked then helped by the hacker????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I've been having issues with my computer left and right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've been having issues with my computer left and right: I have been having a lot of issues with my PC lately, most xbox app and game bar so i went to xbox support for help and did what they said and it didnt work. I unistalled the xbox app, game bar, and gaming services, and now it is all broken. I cant reinstall gaming services...
  6. I've been having issues with my computer left and right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been having issues with my computer left and right: I have been having a lot of issues with my PC lately, most xbox app and game bar so i went to xbox support for help and did what they said and it didnt work. I unistalled the xbox app, game bar, and gaming services, and now it is all broken. I cant reinstall gaming services...
  7. I've been having issues with my computer left and right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I've been having BSOD Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've been having BSOD Issues: Originally, my BSOD code would say something along the lines of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or something else regarding "KERNEL." I did some research to find a way to self diagnose what was causing my crashes and learned about verifier. I followed a tutorial and selected all none...
  9. I need help with something that has been bothering me for a while

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with something that has been bothering me for a while: So I have a gaming PC (not pre built) and a while back I had a really big problem of my PC crashing and then boot looping and all kinds of crazy stuff. So I went to a local repair shop and gave them my PC and had them re install windows. It was pretty obvious that the way...
  10. PLEASE HELP - I'VE BEEN HACKED :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PLEASE HELP - I'VE BEEN HACKED :: Hi everyone, It seems I was hacked recently and my entire computer was encrypted. I did some research and I'm pretty sure my issue is some Ransomware called PHOBOS. I know very little about ransomware and/or getting hacked. In regards to this PHOBOS ransonware. I ask,...