Windows 10: Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed???

Discus and support Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I had the opportunity to find this post from 4 yrs ago when my webcam just up and died on me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Parth_Handa, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed???

So I had the opportunity to find this post from 4 yrs ago when my webcam just up and died on me.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/webcam-driver-update-is-automatically-deleted/2e6291a7-4d3b-41c7-93cf-039bd1e2bfed

I have recently bought a new ACER AN515-52 laptop and all was going fine and dandy when all of a sudden a few days back I got an update and my webcam stopped working.

Just like the dude in the post above I am unable to update my drivers, uninstall the device or even roll back the driver update because guess what? I have the default Microsoft driver now. Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed??? :)

Now before any suggestions pour in lemme tell you what all I have tried, okay?

1. Failed to update driver automatically

2. Acer's download section doesn't have webcam drivers

3. Failed to uninstall webcam

4. There is nothing new that pops up when I enable the 'show hidden devices' option is device manager.

5. I have rebooted after most of these steps so don't worry about that trivial thing.

6. I have spent precious hours of my life to fix a problem that you can't seem to fix even after 4yrs! What the hell are you charging us for, huh? Why shouldn't I switch to Linux?

:)

Parth_Handa, Dec 19, 2019

2. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like http://www.testwebcam.com.
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed???

So I had the opportunity to find this post from 4 yrs ago when my webcam just up and died on me.

Webcam Driver Update is Automatically Deleted

I have recently bought a new ACER AN515-52 laptop and all was going fine and dandy when all of a sudden a few days back I got an update and my webcam stopped working.

Just like the dude in the post above I am unable to update my drivers, uninstall the device or even roll back the driver update because guess what? I have the default Microsoft driver now. Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed??? :)

Now before any suggestions pour in lemme tell you what all I have tried, okay?

1. Failed to update driver automatically

2. Acer's download section doesn't have webcam drivers

3. Failed to uninstall webcam

4. There is nothing new that pops up when I enable the 'show hidden devices' option is device manager.

5. I have rebooted after most of these steps so don't worry about that trivial thing.

6. I have spent precious hours of my life to fix a problem that you can't seem to fix even after 4yrs! What the hell are you charging us for, huh? Why shouldn't I switch to Linux?

Parth_Handa, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed???

Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed???

1. Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed??? - Similar Threads - webcam driver problem

2. Webcam Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Driver: Recently I converted windows 7 to windows 10 and I lost built in Camera driver from my laptop HP computer. Could you help to install webcam driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-driver/fc6f63ee-c1ec-4327-b47f-1ccd30916fb7
  3. Webcam Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam Driver: Recently I converted windows 7 to windows 10 and I lost built in Camera driver from my laptop HP computer. Could you help to install webcam driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-driver/fc6f63ee-c1ec-4327-b47f-1ccd30916fb7
  4. Webcam Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WebCam problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WebCam problem: I am using dell inspiron 3541.I have a problem with camera when i on my webcam in zoom meeting or in camera app u can see how my video looks in the screenshot.And not only this in zoom meeting when i click on the video option to on my video then meeting will not respond for...
  6. Webcam Driver

Webcam Driver: Good day I am in need of some assistance, please. I recently purchased a DSY-WC310 webcam trouble getting to work on my computer. It's running Windows 10 Pro x64. In device manager it picks up that there is a camera under "Other devices" as "USB20 Camera" with a question...
  7. Webcam Drivers

Webcam Drivers: Hi, I recently took apart a old pc running windows 7 or 10Can't Remember, from which I had scavenged a webcam. After wiring it up to a usb cable and making sure its connected correctly I connected it to my desktop, but was unable to use it as a webcam. Iwent to device manger...
  8. Webcam Driver

Webcam Driver: I have unfortunately deleted webcam device driver. I have DELL Inspiron 14 3442 4th generation windows 10 pro. Now how can I install the "Imaging Driver" or "Webcam software" on it?... plz help me....
  9. Webcam Driver

Webcam Driver: Hello, I disabled my camera driver a few months ago because of privacy reasons, but when I came back to try to re-enable it I can't find it anymore on the device manager. I also tried reinstalling the webcam driver but I cannot find the driver for my pc (ASUS VivoBook...
  10. Webcam drivers

Webcam drivers: I'm looking for a compatible driver for a webcam on an L755-S5245 Toshiba laptop. It has been upgraded to Windows 10 and I have no idea what I did with the drivers I downloaded for it as a Windows 7 system. I didn't do the generic "update" upgrade. I did H/W changes as well....