Windows 10: Is this windows 10 install completely screwed?

Discus and support Is this windows 10 install completely screwed? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A family member gave me a laptop to try and repair that has a problem with windows 10 stuck in a boot loop. It starts loading windows 10 then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TacitMantra, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Is this windows 10 install completely screwed?

A family member gave me a laptop to try and repair that has a problem with windows 10 stuck in a boot loop.

It starts loading windows 10 then the system restarts itself at one of two points. Either shortly after the dotted circle starts spinning or after a message comes up that says "attempting to undo changes made to this computer".

From what I'm told, windows 10 was doing an update which was taking quite a long time so eventually said family member turned off the laptop. After that the boot loop started happening.

I used a windows 10 boot USB to get into the recovery options and tried various things like repair startup, uninstall updates, scan hard drive for errors. None of that has worked. I eventually got it to go into safe mode but the same message "attempting to undo changed made to this computer" comes up and the laptop restarts itself. I'm guessing there's some corrupted files.

I took the drive out and did an sfc /scannow on it with another computer which said that it found some corrupt files and successfully repaired them. I put the drive back in the laptop but the same boot problem happens.

Is this windows install pretty much screwed?

Or is there a way to track down the corrupted file/s and repair them so that I don't have to do a full re-install?

I've imaged the drive as a back-up and I'm about to copy off some personal files before doing some repair attempts with minitool.

submitted by /u/TacitMantra
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TacitMantra, Feb 3, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 3, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Is this windows 10 install completely screwed? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Is this windows 10 install completely screwed?

Delta6326, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Is this windows 10 install completely screwed?

1. Is this windows 10 install completely screwed? - Similar Threads - install completely screwed

2. Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.: Hi all, This morning my computer was running perfectly fine, and then a windows update automatically installed itself and now my whole computer is screwed. I have no sound, two of my games won't work, I can't play spotify, local files or video files. I have tried literally...
  3. Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.: Hi all, This morning my computer was running perfectly fine, and then a windows update automatically installed itself and now my whole computer is screwed. I have no sound, two of my games won't work, I can't play spotify, local files or video files. I have tried literally...
  4. Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screwed Over by Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed Over by Windows 10.: Hello,I have a problem. My Windows 10 Pro activation key is now gone after I upgraded the OS using the Windows Media Creation Tool. I have had this laptop for several months, and now it has limited functionality after taking information from a certain member whose name I will...
  6. Screwed Over by Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed Over by Windows 10.: Hello,I have a problem. My Windows 10 Pro activation key is now gone after I upgraded the OS using the Windows Media Creation Tool. I have had this laptop for several months, and now it has limited functionality after taking information from a certain member whose name I will...
  7. Screwed Over by Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows store & Gamepass are completely screwed up, please halp.: So I've already been to the Microsoft Support forums with this issue but found nothing, I've been having an issue for a while now where Windows Store downloads will either not start, not show up in my downloads at all or get to the very end but not complete. This happened to...
  9. Windows 10 Updates are Complete Trash! Every update screws up something!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Updates are Complete Trash! Every update screws up something!: I am just a normal pc gamer like probably millions of others out there. I rapid fire click on postpone "Windows Update" because like everyone else it screws up something every time it updates. It straight up deletes other settings and sets settings to window defaults....
  10. My Computer is Completely screwed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer is Completely screwed: So I'm running Windows Pro on my PC. Yesterday the computer just shuts off randomly. Then it restarts and lets me log back in, but once I log in it restarts and does the same thing as before. That process then repeats several times until it goes into Automatic repair. Then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows installation is screwed