Windows 10: Is uninstalling a Windows update completely safe?

Discus and support Is uninstalling a Windows update completely safe? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So the latest 1903 update caused manor audio issues for me when playing video games and i am going to roll back to a previous version. my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by afrofishy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. afrofishy Win User

Is uninstalling a Windows update completely safe?

Hello,

So the latest 1903 update caused manor audio issues for me when playing video games and i am going to roll back to a previous version.

my quesfion is, is unistalling an update completely safe? For example will it result in my computer becoming slower.

I am nervous because my pc is new and i dont want to mess anything up

Thanks in advance

:)

afrofishy, Sep 17, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Is uninstalling a Windows update completely safe? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 17, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Is uninstalling a Windows update completely safe? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Sep 17, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Is uninstalling a Windows update completely safe? - Similar Threads - uninstalling update completely

2. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is Revo uninstaller safe?: Is Revo uninstaller safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-revo-uninstaller-safe/a6d44878-ac2c-4861-b5d6-ac7351b81eca
  3. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Revo uninstaller safe?: Is Revo uninstaller safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-revo-uninstaller-safe/a6d44878-ac2c-4861-b5d6-ac7351b81eca
  4. How to Uninstall windows completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Uninstall windows completely: I'm trying to get rid of drivers and chipsets I installed on a from scratch build. Something went wrong and the drivers are corrupted and won't let me install a new set of drivers. its causing sound distortion via bluetooth and refusing to let me download things. I tried a...
  5. How to Uninstall windows completely

How to Uninstall windows completely: I'm trying to get rid of drivers and chipsets I installed on a from scratch build. Something went wrong and the drivers are corrupted and won't let me install a new set of drivers. its causing sound distortion via bluetooth and refusing to let me download things. I tried a...
  6. Is it safe to uninstall the lastest update kb4592438 ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to uninstall the lastest update kb4592438 ??: I read that the lastest windows update damages SSDs. I don't want my computer to die so I thought of uninstalling the update. Should I do it or are there any reasons why that is not a safe move? submitted by /u/Supersupermate [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Store is completely uninstalled.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store is completely uninstalled.: I have tried methods of reinstalling Windows Store but Microsoft doesn't have a manual install/installer. Is there a place where I can just download it? I ran a code to uninstall a program but it uninstalled the entire Windows Store. I have done the wsreset command many times...
  8. Complete Uninstall

Complete Uninstall: 3-31-2020 Thanks for any help. I have uninstalled Macrium Reflect in the normal way but it has left garbage on my computer. It seems that Microsoft has sown it into Windows 10. How can I completely get rid of it????????? 153328
  9. Uninstall Norton completely!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall Norton completely!: I have uninstalled Norton Security and have installed Kaspersky instead, and there is now no evidence of Norton anywhere on my laptop, however on occasion when I try to open an attachment in an email it is blocked by 'Norton Symantec'? How is this possible when it is...
  10. Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY: So i noticed after "uninstalling" onedrive, there is still a folder in users/username/onedrive and the fun part, is that pictures, documents, and desktop folders are all automatically in there, and you cant change it!! So i went looking for a solution. Didnt find one. So i...