Windows 10: Is Update to Build 2009 still in progress?

Discus and support Is Update to Build 2009 still in progress? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some weeks ago i read a post from Microsoft that mentioned some instances where it would be better to wait for Auto Update rather than manual Update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeilF784, Nov 15, 2020.

1. NeilF784 Win User

Is Update to Build 2009 still in progress?

Some weeks ago i read a post from Microsoft that mentioned some instances where it would be better to wait for Auto Update rather than manual Update. from 2004 to 2009.

One of those instances mentioned was certain problems with Synaptics Audio.

I have Synaptics Audio on My new Lenovo 64bit laptop .

Is this still an outstanding issue so that ,for now , I should remain on Build 2004?

I also ,under optional updates get presented with 20H2.

Should I ignore this ?

Comments please

Neil

:)

NeilF784, Nov 15, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Nov 15, 2020
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Is Update to Build 2009 still in progress?

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Is Update to Build 2009 still in progress?

1. Is Update to Build 2009 still in progress? - Similar Threads - Update Build 2009

2. Order stuck and still in progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Order stuck and still in progress: I havent gor my gift card code still Its showing my order is in progress after 12 hours and I have contacted microsoft support but no reply I haven't used any kind of VPN i have earned points genuinely even its showing my order still pending what to do?...
  3. Order stuck and still in progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Order stuck and still in progress: I havent gor my gift card code still Its showing my order is in progress after 12 hours and I have contacted microsoft support but no reply I haven't used any kind of VPN i have earned points genuinely even its showing my order still pending what to do?...
  4. Accidently closed cmd while still in progress

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidently closed cmd while still in progress: I accidently closed the command while it was still runing at about 60%, was wondering if it did any harm to my computer, the command is as following: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth submitted by /u/b1gst4r [link] [comments]...
  5. can't update to 2009

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't update to 2009: I have problems while trying to upgrade my computer from 2004 version to 20h2 updae ■At 27-5 when 2004 Update was released it was shown immediately on my pc i tried to update to it from 1909 version and everytime i tried to update it would reach 60% then returns to 57% and...
  6. windows 10 update 2009

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update 2009: i want to update my windows 10 ver 2004 into 2009 october update through windows 10 update assistant. since my mobile data is limited so i want to know the size of the update as how much data will it consume???...
  7. Payment still in Progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Payment still in Progress: Dear, So i redeemed the 2$ MS and got it instantly. A couple hours after that i redeemed the 5$ MS but its like for some couple hours still in progress. Any idea whats going wrong?...
  8. Upgrade my Windows 10 to build 2009

Upgrade my Windows 10 to build 2009: Can I upgrade my Windows 10 to build 2009? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-my-windows-10-to-build-2009/688a3e81-57de-49fb-9b44-8902332c5fc7
  9. Update in progress, no update

Update in progress, no update: Hi, I have been having some issues with Windows update and I was hoping to get some advice. I have a icon showing that theres a update in progress but when I open the updates it says I am up to date. I have tried restarting Windows update, restarting into safe mode,...
  10. Windows 10 update still working update process without any progress

Windows 10 update still working update process without any progress: [IMG] Again with the same problem with Microsoft update system, By the way many years ago I posted Windows 7 update process with its lethargy process of downloading and installing the update packages. It seems nothing change. So best solution I find by deactivating the...