Windows 10: Is USMT Redistributable

Discus and support Is USMT Redistributable in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am a developer and I am doing some research on this USMT tool. I was reading about the documentation for USMT seems to be interesting. Is this tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nagarjun Tellakula, May 22, 2019.

1. Is USMT Redistributable

I am a developer and I am doing some research on this USMT tool. I was reading about the documentation for USMT seems to be interesting. Is this tool redistributable? Can I write a wrapper around this tool and do some research on the same?. Thought of developing something innovative and uploading to GitHub so people can use this.

:)

Nagarjun Tellakula, May 22, 2019

2. USMT

Can USMT be used to migrate user profiles from windows 7 and up to a domain(server 2012 r2)?

scottieallen, May 22, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand this is an important feature for you and you want this to work, here are some overview on

User State Migration Tool (USMT) Technical

However I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet
    for better resolution as you will find members who have better technical knowledge on this issue.

Regards.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 22, 2019
  4. Skadia42 Win User

Is USMT Redistributable

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 Installation Error

Hello,

I've tried all the steps and none of them worked.

• Method 1 did not work because the Fix It said it doesn't run on my operating system.
    • I was able to do Method 2 but it did not fix the issue.
    • I was also able to do Method 3 but that did not fix the issue.
    I also tried to install the VC++ Redistributable Package while doing a clean boot but that did not work.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help so far.

Skadia42, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Is USMT Redistributable

1. Is USMT Redistributable - Similar Threads - USMT Redistributable

2. Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable: Can anyone please confirm for me if you can "Safely" delete old versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable up-grades as I have so many clogging up my hard drive and have been since 2005. Any correct advice would be appreciated, even if it is pointing me into the...
  3. SCCM and USMT does not perform well

in Windows 10 Support
    SCCM and USMT does not perform well: Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the reinstalled PC. According to the log everything is OK and User data and desktop is there but hardly anything else, not even my Edge...
  4. SCCM and USMT

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM and USMT: Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the reinstalled PC.According to the log everything is OK and User data and desktop is there but hardly anything else , not even my Edge...
  5. PC replacement scenario Windows with USMT - Editing XML files

PC replacement scenario Windows with USMT - Editing XML files: Hello For our upcoming big replacement it has been decided we use USMT as it is the only MS supported tool. With the USMT standard XML files a lot of things are not migrated and we also have some special programs and data we need to secure. I have not found any GUI or...
  6. Unable to use USMT scanstate.exe on Windows 10 2004 build

Unable to use USMT scanstate.exe on Windows 10 2004 build: I am trying to use the USMT tool to migrate a user from a local user profile over to a domain profile on the same local machine however I have become somewhat stuck at the first hurdle when trying to run the scanstate.exe command, the below error is being returned to me;...
  7. SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear All :) I do the migration of W7 to W10. On W7, the user profiles are on the D Drive and on W10 on the %systemdrive% I will use the MigDoc.xml and MigApps.xml. The MigApps is coming from the Ehler custom xml. So... Here my questions... Could you please tell or...
  8. USMT - Moving profile from windows 10 to windows 10

USMT - Moving profile from windows 10 to windows 10: I am trying to move my profile from one windows 10 machine to another on my work domain. Below are the commands i am using. scanstate u:\ /o /ue:*\* /ui:IT01\tsatech /i:migdocs.xml /i:migapp.xml loadstate u:\ /mu:IT01\tsatech:IT97\tsatech /i:migdocs.xml /i:migapp.xml...
  9. USMT: Migration from two to one partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USMT: Migration from two to one partition: Hello, during the migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 we want to move from 2 partitions to 1 partitions. On the external partition (E Drive) we have set the folder redirection for the user libraries. The E Drive is also used to store user data. Now we have folders...
  10. USMT 10 - issues with profile when migrating from Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USMT 10 - issues with profile when migrating from Win7 to Win10: Hello, Has anyone used USMT 10 to migrate from Win7 to Win10? I have used USMT successfully in the past to move WinXP (32-bit) to Win7 Pro (64-bit). I downloaded the new ADK to get the v10 tools. I now have USMT 10 and was practicing the migration of Win7 Pro 64-bit...