Windows 10: Is USMT Redistributable

Discus and support Is USMT Redistributable in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am a developer and I am doing some research on this USMT tool. I was reading about the documentation for USMT seems to be interesting. Is this tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nagarjun Tellakula, May 22, 2019.

1. Is USMT Redistributable

I am a developer and I am doing some research on this USMT tool. I was reading about the documentation for USMT seems to be interesting. Is this tool redistributable? Can I write a wrapper around this tool and do some research on the same?. Thought of developing something innovative and uploading to GitHub so people can use this.

:)

Nagarjun Tellakula, May 22, 2019

2. USMT

Can USMT be used to migrate user profiles from windows 7 and up to a domain(server 2012 r2)?

scottieallen, May 22, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    SCCM - USMT - Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand this is an important feature for you and you want this to work, here are some overview on

User State Migration Tool (USMT) Technical

However I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet
    for better resolution as you will find members who have better technical knowledge on this issue.

Regards.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 22, 2019
  4. Skadia42 Win User

Is USMT Redistributable

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 Installation Error

Hello,

I've tried all the steps and none of them worked.

• Method 1 did not work because the Fix It said it doesn't run on my operating system.
    • I was able to do Method 2 but it did not fix the issue.
    • I was also able to do Method 3 but that did not fix the issue.
    I also tried to install the VC++ Redistributable Package while doing a clean boot but that did not work.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help so far.

Skadia42, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Is USMT Redistributable

1. Is USMT Redistributable - Similar Threads - USMT Redistributable

2. How do you retrieve information from USMT format ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you retrieve information from USMT format ?: My laptop crashed windows and I then installed windows 11 again. So it stored my data into USMT format and I watched videos trying to restore but they all fail. The data is in a hard drive and the following is the directory:D:>do_not_delete>USMT>migstore>apps>USMT>USMT>MIG...
  3. How do you retrieve information from USMT format ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you retrieve information from USMT format ?: My laptop crashed windows and I then installed windows 11 again. So it stored my data into USMT format and I watched videos trying to restore but they all fail. The data is in a hard drive and the following is the directory:D:>do_not_delete>USMT>migstore>apps>USMT>USMT>MIG...
  4. Windows 10 [ Data Migrations ] - USMT Found Reparse Point but Reparse Points are not allowed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 [ Data Migrations ] - USMT Found Reparse Point but Reparse Points are not allowed: Large company, laptop upgrades done locally over the network via USMT. On average, every 2 weeks, a laptop running the data backup processes, looks as though its frozen/stopped without any visual indicators that somethings wrong, no activity on the external HD backup drive,...
  5. Windows 10 [ Data Migrations ] - USMT Found Reparse Point but Reparse Points are not allowed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 [ Data Migrations ] - USMT Found Reparse Point but Reparse Points are not allowed: Large company, laptop upgrades done locally over the network via USMT. On average, every 2 weeks, a laptop running the data backup processes, looks as though its frozen/stopped without any visual indicators that somethings wrong, no activity on the external HD backup drive,...
  6. Windows 10 [ Data Migrations ] - USMT Found Reparse Point but Reparse Points are not allowed

7. Windows 10 [ Data Migrations ] - USMT Found Reparse Point but Reparse Points are not allowed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unable to recover some files from USB backup - seems to be USMT and mig files involved

Unable to recover some files from USB backup - seems to be USMT and mig files involved: Hi, My computer wasn't working so the only option left was to perform a system restore by backing up the files/apps/settings to a USB drive and resetting Windows. Once this backup/resetting process was complete, when I logged back a bunch of files weren't repopulated back and...
  9. Unable to recover some files from USB backup - seems to be USMT and mig files involved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to recover some files from USB backup - seems to be USMT and mig files involved: Hi, My computer wasn't working so the only option left was to perform a system restore by backing up the files/apps/settings to a USB drive and resetting Windows. Once this backup/resetting process was complete, when I logged back a bunch of files weren't repopulated back and...
  10. Unable to recover some files from USB backup - seems to be USMT and mig files involved

in Windows 10 Gaming